Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pacific Rim

Quote Originally Posted by Tams80 View Post
    Only Americans can't really do giant fighty robots well. Well that and you pretty much Americanised it by removing the whole story, and thus leaving the only story possible being a terrible weak one; like most American action films.

Anyway, I'll still watch as I like just not having to concentrate and watching explosions.
    Yeah, those multi-million pound action films from the UK are usually really thoughtful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Well to be honest i quite liked robots from District 9,and aliens.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Indaver View Post
    Yeah, those multi-million pound action films from the UK are usually really thoughtful.
    Indeed. British action movies = Jason Statham as Jason Statham in the Jason Statham movie Part 12.

Also, Del Toro isn't american.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tams80 View Post
    Only Americans can't really do giant fighty robots well. Well that and you pretty much Americanised it by removing the whole story, and thus leaving the only story possible being a terrible weak one; like most American action films.

Anyway, I'll still watch as I like just not having to concentrate and watching explosions.
    FASA and the Battletech universe would like to have a word with you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Need to admit would rather love to see something like Battletech then some agile kung fu giant robots.

Banned
    Give me some of that metallic monster smooshing robo goodness. Plot be damned I just want to see what a mighty metal monster would do to overgrown squids. 'Twould bring us all together as a people.

It's a battle between two giant robots and two(?) godzillas, and it's also a battle for earth. What can get any better than that?
    Also, Glados' voice is there. Who knows, she might be singing something in the end.
    Come to think of it, I will be mildly disappointed if she didn't sing in the credit