Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    it is dead isn't it?
    No, still has a server with around 200 players at peak.

It actually has the best cyberpunk/post apocalyptic atmosphere of any game I've ever played, just a shame it's mired in a clunky interface and an ugly(now) engine.

Still worth checking out for anyone who loves either of those genres though.

If you are up for some multiplayer, Blacklight Retribution might be fun for a bit. They've definitely snatched up the Ghost in the Shell aesthetic for the game.

Omikron: The Nomad Soul.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhus View Post
    extremely hard to make it run on modern system. i know i failed to do that on xp. Win7 or 8 might be even harder.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    Ahh, Torry. A more wretched hive...
    Torry isn't that bad. I thought the same until I lived there. Some bits aren't nice but it doesn't seem that dangerous. But then I don't go out on Friday/Saturday nights.

Network Hub
    Some moments in this trailer give off a Blade Runner-ish vibe. Must be the vertical level design. It's for an upcoming short adventure called NaissanceE.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Any game set in Tokyo or Hong Kong at night. Preferably with rain.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhus View Post
    I grabbed a brand new copy last year and never got past the main menu. Windows 95 games, man. DOS games are easy, some Windows 98 games require internal tweaking, but Windows 95 games? Don't even try.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I grabbed a brand new copy last year and never got past the main menu. Windows 95 games, man. DOS games are easy, some Windows 98 games require internal tweaking, but Windows 95 games? Don't even try.
    I spent ages a few years ago trying to work out if there was a way to use virtual machines or emulators to get early windows games working, but came up emptyhanded. It's strange, because you'd think there'd be a market for it. You'd think someone would make a system with virtual 3dfx cards for something like virtual box and either sell it or release it for free.

It seems weird that people have put all the time and money into emulating Spectrums to Gameboys to DSes to Playstations to Wiis, but not emulating 3d on windows 95. It also tends to be easier to get them running under Wine on linux than on anything on windows, which is weird. I know there are glide wrappers, but they don't tend to be full solutions.

Then again, the situation may have changed since i last checked.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Cyber 2077 trailer is up

Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Cyber 2077 trailer is up

It's not quuiite as interesting as I expected it to be. Sort of cool... I think? I have been listening to various W. Gibson audiobooks and watching old interviews with him so... maybe dystopian cyberpunk futures for me.. aren't really like this. Although it is a 2 minute trailer. Still, it should indicate some major themes.

The girl reminds me of a western version of Shirow's cyborgs (although, bullets shattering on her face is a difference and one that doesn't make a lot of sense, what is she made of?), while the backgrounds and flying car remind me of the illustrations that used to be in the manuals i.e. owing a lot to Blade Runner. The SWAT cops are just bland.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Bullets are made of glitter in the future it seems. No wonder crime is rampant ;)
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Network Hub
    Really like the trailer (admittedly mostly for the music) and hope the game has a similar atmosphere/art style

Activated Node
    I know this must sound a bit wierd, being a star wars game and all. But I got that cyberpunk dystopian feel from playing Knights of the old republic.

Network Hub
    Not sure if CYPHER: Cyberpunk Text Adventure was mentioned. And I haven't bothered looking for any reviews. It's worth watching the trailer all the way through to get a feel for what these guys were aiming for. And you can currently get 35% off the deluxe version by submitting an impersonation of Bane from the latest batman film. Has anyone played this?

Last edited by baby snot; 11-01-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    although, bullets shattering on her face is a difference and one that doesn't make a lot of sense, what is she made of
    A high caliber bullet shatters when shot at water. a bullet designed to take down human will break apart when it hits something stronger than peace of thick wood.
    so if her armour is some kind of titanium/carbon nanotubes mix regular high powered bullets will do that. slower ammunition will ricochet.

(you need to watch more mythbusters)

What would you say about SC2 and they introducing new release this march. Have you heard about that?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
    No, still has a server with around 200 players at peak.

It actually has the best cyberpunk/post apocalyptic atmosphere of any game I've ever played, just a shame it's mired in a clunky interface and an ugly(now) engine.

Still worth checking out for anyone who loves either of those genres though.
    Yup... Neocron does not only have the best cyberpunk/post apocalyptic atmosphere of any game (let alone MMO), but is also totally free now, as the servers are run by the NC-community:

http://realf2p.org/rf2p_games/neocron-2/

Obscure Node
    - "AlternativA" (has fine soundtrack too)
    - "The moment of silence" could also work
    - "The longest journey" maybe(?)
    - Tex Murphy i think it was already mentioned

There are others I dont quite remember now.
    Also, I dunno if Nikopol fits the description, but has a distopian set though I guess

And strictly for the "noir" side there are some games worth checking also. I mean, besides high tech, only the Noir makes dystopia cyberpunk right?

Gemini Rue was brilliant, I second that. Top 10 in my list.

edit: Cypher is interesting and quite unique (as a text based game). I really enjoyed it
    Last edited by kpr; 01-10-2013 at 02:15 PM.