Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar

Blacklist gameplay

Searched for a Blacklist thread, didn't find one. Anyway, they just posted a dev diary, and it actually looks ok. Not Chaos Theory good, but certainly better than Conviction:

The lens flare way to much, but it looks alright IMO

Thoughts?

I feel like Blacklist is going to be win-win for me, since I liked both Chaos Theory and Conviction. Whether they go down the stealth-action route of CV or the pure stealth of CT, there will be something about it I will enjoy.

I liked Conviction too and this looks alright. Those lens effects are pretty distracting in a few places there though. Also weird that they didn't show off what it'll look like in nightvision, seeing as that's a pretty large part of the "look" of a SC game.

Here's another video, focusing on stealth and takedown animations:

Network Hub
    Are you fucking serious? I wear glasses and as pretty much everyone who also does, when we get dirt/droplets of water in our lens it's freaking annoying and we clean it. They even have cloths for that purpose! And now some genius thought it was a good idea to "simulate" that effect in games? Who in their right mind would want to play with that shit simulated? This has been a pet peeve of mine for some time now but watching that video, Ubisoft really went the extra mile to ensure I'll never touch this game

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    These lens effects are the worst thing ever. Further proof that only hacks are employed by the games industry.

Haha, yeah right of course.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    They're trying to much to appeal to the old fans of SC,this is so going to flop you'll see.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    They're trying to much to appeal to the old fans of SC,this is so going to flop you'll see.
    I am not sure, it often "feels" like conviction with more interesting level design when I watch the videos, convictions's campaign was terrible linear puzzle stealth with the brute force/mark and execute "get out of jail card" level design, the coop/deniable ops, specifically the dlc levels were glorious.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I am not sure, it often "feels" like conviction with more interesting level design when I watch the videos, convictions's campaign was terrible linear puzzle stealth with the brute force/mark and execute "get out of jail card" level design, the coop/deniable ops, specifically the dlc levels were glorious.
    it sure feels like Conviction. but then again, it's also a fun game in its own right.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Fisher's monkey lope is driving me fucking crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by ambing1 View Post
    it sure feels like Conviction. but then again, it's also a fun game in its own right.
    I didnt say that as a slight against conviction, I'm a big fan of it, Deniable ops has gotten a lot of play from me.

Isn't it strange how Sam is more agile now when he is close to his sixties :|

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Isn't it strange how Sam is more agile now when he is close to his sixties :|
    Its his hip replacement, he'd been putting up joint pain for years.

Thread necro, but apart from Mr Radio voice, it looks better than Conviction:

steam: sketch

Network Hub
    Woohoo, way to go UBISoft Toronto!
    Is it true that most of the devs working on the game were previously part of UBISoft Montreal (the guys who made Chaos Theory)?
    The game is lookin' real good! Definitely on my list.
    Again though - I wish that Mr. Ironside would have reprised his role. His voice-work made Sam a unique, standout character IMO.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Is it true that most of the devs working on the game were previously part of UBISoft Montreal (the guys who made Chaos Theory)?
    That's not how Ubisoft works anymore. AC4 is made by 10 studios...

Again though - I wish that Mr. Ironside would have reprised his role. His voice-work made Sam a unique, standout character IMO.
    Aww, man. That's like having a Hitman game without Jesper Kyd. Oh wait...
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Network Hub
    I like the lens effects, so pretty! Though I do find it funny how he's trying to be stealthy while lit up with Christmas lights.

more importantly do they have Michael Ironside?

Sure voice actor is more important then fucking gameplay,which is going to suck.