Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Project: 'Radio RPS'

Hello folks,

I recently completed a prototype for a set of scripts for mission makers in Arma, and as always I've decided I wish to improve it for an official public release. So...

What is 'Radio RPS'?

'Radio RPS' simply put is a suite of scripts and sound files designed to enhance immersion with realistic military communications that are randomly broadcast from both active vehicles and individual soldiers radio sets, to help players feel they are part of a larger military operation.

How it works:

Currently the prototype is rather basic, is the sense that the radio is called via triggers for named vehicles and init execution for soldiers (so currently even AI can produce radio chatter). But for the moment while a vehicle has it's engine turned on it will randomly broadcast at intervals via it's radio and can be heard up to 15 meters away. The same as vehicles with infantry but with the following changes, broadcasts only occur while the unit is alive, broadcasts occur less frequently, broadcasts can only be heard up to 10 meters away. I am looking into having a better way for the scripts to be triggered currently.

Whats the plan?

Well I'm hoping to expand this set of scripts into a library so that mission makers download the set then choose which set they wish to utilise in their mission(s), I'm hoping to get the main factions of the Arma II series covered for the library, so that would be:

United Kingdom
    United States
    Germany
    Russian Federation
    Czech Republic
    Takistan (Arabic)

With the bonus additions of any other countries people wish to volunteer for.

How can you help?

Well that's the big question isn't? Well straight to the point, I'm looking for volunteers to provide voice acting for the radio messages, as while I can do some of the VA for UK/Russia this project requires more than one person, and I would much rather have natural Russians provide their talents. A few things potential volunteers need to bear in mind however.

The project would/will be publicly available. (not just confined to ARPS/FOLK)
    Voice actors would be providing their talents in their natural languages. So Russian for Russia, English for UK/US etc.
    Voice actors will of course be credited for their part(s) in the library readme in either their real names or their aliases.

Currently on board for this project:

JRides - United Kingdom.
    Macaco - United States.
    SuperU - United Kingdom.
    Washington - Sweden.

Possably on board:

Phalanx - United Kingdom.
    Wafflynumber - United Kingdom.

So if you find yourself interested please let me know here, and finally a thanks to StrangLove for suggesting I post this.

Regards Hawk.
    Last edited by Hawk_Silk; 13-12-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Added name(s) to list.

Obscure Node
    I'll help. United States accent here.

Edit; I should specify, it's a neutral accent. Not New York or Texas or anything
    Last edited by Macaco; 13-12-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Activated Node
    I can help Wash with Sviiiiden.

Activated Node
    I'm curious to see how you worked around the sound limitation inside vehicles. the system I made for the MH-47 is far from perfect, and I finally abandonned broadcasting outside the vehicle for this reason.

I can also help with US VAs. I've even done some professional VA work before, so I've got a little experience (and some recording equipment).

Activated Node
    I can do Irish

Does scouse count as UK? I can do that.

Also, if you're really stuck for Czech I'm trying to learn it right now and have the pronunciation down, so if you can get the phrases I'll give them a shot.
    Last edited by thekev506; 13-12-2012 at 11:02 PM.

I can provide German.

Obscure Node
    Native Russian here. I'm quite interested in this project.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Can do dutch as well as english (albeit in a dutch accent). Should be reasonable as there are several Dutch-English special forces groups operating in Afghanistan.

I can do Dutch, English and Afrikaans. I don't really have an accent so i should be able to do UK or US VA too, I can also do some voices for South-African PMC's if you want to haha :)

Happy to help out in Russian! Although I never did any voice acting, I can try!

Obscure Node
    Can do spanish! Not sure if there are any spanish speakers in the arma universe, though.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Brnin8r View Post
    I don't really have an accent so i should be able to do UK or US VA too
    You'd be surprised how many people I've heard say that who have a really thick accent and just don't hear it themselves.

If you need a French accent I will gladly help.
    If you need spaghetti also.

Network Hub
    I don't think you need Polish but let me know if you do. I can also do some Russian or Czech if needed.

I'm available for neutral US accent (California).

I can always do French if you want to pretend the UN are multinational in ArmA.
    Multinational man of misery.

I can do Cockney.

I am extremely fluent in a Scottish accent.