Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar

RIP in peace Xfire

Xfire is shutting down this Friday. Head to export.xfire.com to be placed in a gigantic queue and download your stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Who the fuck puts #B1B1B1 text on a black background with such a thin font? Christ.
    I can't read a thing.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Network Hub
    Been a loyal user since 2007 but honestly, the writing was on the wall. Surprised it took this long, tbh

Network Hub
    Unsurprising. XFire basically died when they changed owners years ago IMO. I really wish they hadn't since Steam was still such a frustration to use, but now the masses (and most games) are on the platform anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    It was my site, I skipped out once they started adding non features like animated adverts, though i heard they were short lived.

They set the bar for what steam would later be, for that I should be thankful, additionally, the clock overlay stopped me being late to things a million times.

You are #7462 in queue

Ouch... Better than needing to spam F5 though.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I can't believe my original "RIP in peace" title was "corrected".

Thread name tyrants have been rife recently.

Well, that sucks, but Xfire has obviously been headed downhill for a long time now.

I was ignoring the broadcast messages, only to discover that it's not just screenshots+video disappearing! The one thing I wanted to preserve is my list of recorded playtimes, and luckily there's a nice writeup on Reddit of how to find and save your profile page, edit it to view the whole list, and even insert some javascript to sort the columns.

I did catch this today and laughed out loud:

System Broadcast:
    help
    Fri Jun 12 05:28:54 2015

Evolve is the best replacement I've found, as it has game time tracking, voice, and VPN. Other stuff I don't use includes the in-game overlay with browser, screenshots, video recording, and Twitch broadcasting. The new slogan is also a huge improvement. The client is very solid overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post

Evolve is the best replacement I've found, as it has game time tracking, voice, and VPN. Other stuff I don't use includes the in-game overlay with browser, screenshots, video recording, and Twitch broadcasting. The new slogan is also a huge improvement. The client is very solid overall.
    I've used Evolve too, I can confirm it works pretty well (especially when setting up a multiplayer Minecraft game).
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Guild Wars 2 characters: Norgothus (Norn Necromancer), Maggrivo (Charr Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Never go full Wulf.

Oh man, this takes me back.
    5e460d19dbb2a835456533f07cf424baf872a909.jpg
    That thing wiped out whole towns.