Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

RPS Data Smuggling Ring 2: Smugglier

Hello all, this is a continuation of the old Data Smuggling thread, found here. Thanks, Wulf.

Due to the internet having oceans (apparently), many games are very expensive in certain regions, or possibly not available at all. This thread is a service to get around that. So, if you see a game that's much cheaper in another region and you want it, post in this thread, and we will try to arrange that you get it.

In general, the process goes like this:
    1. See cheap/unavailable game
    2. Find a smuggler who seems trustworthy
    3. Swap details via PM
    4. Pay in advance via Paypal or trade (risk lies with the buyer, usually)
    5. Get game for cheaps

Required info usually includes the desired game, current pricing, service you want it from (Steam, D2D, GamersGate, etc), paypal info, email addresses, etc. Any needed info will depend on who you're dealing with/what service you're buying from.

Assuming that I have perma-edit capabilities on these shiny new forums, I'm going to keep a list of smugglers on the second post, sorted by region.

Smugglers, sorted by region. If you want on this list, reply with your name and what region you're in. People on this list are willing to be contacted via PM for smuggling services.

USA/North America:
    DarkNoghri
    ManaTree
    TheLastBaron

UK:
    TheLastBaron
    ComradePenguin

Australia:
    SilverSilence
    Grim Leaper

Europe:
    JohnnyK (Austria)
    Last edited by DarkNoghri; 13-06-2011 at 03:16 AM.

Obscure Node
    USA/North America: ManaTree (circuitr33@gmail.com | https://steamcommunity.com/id/manatree). Me. You know me. RIGHT? Right.

DarkNoghri, you should probably reserve your second post as an FAQ. I can give you some questions + answers later.

EDIT: Okay sorry, I didn't realize that was your Smugglers list. In that case, I can reserve THIS post for the FAQ.

I can smuggle to and from both USA/North America and the UK as I live and go to university in the states but usually spend summers in England and have friends/family there the rest of the time.

You, gentlemen, are very kind folks. Thank you very much for the help.

PM sent to DarkNoghri.

Edit: Oops, wrong thread.

But I do commend what you're doing, keep up the good work!
    Last edited by mmiasmostati; 04-06-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Also, dont forget, sometimes cheaper to buy in stores then send the steam key or similar. Save on delivery!

Quote Originally Posted by quantacat View Post
    also, dont forget, sometimes cheaper to buy in stores then send the steam key or similar. Save on delivery!
    and get out of bed!? What is this madness!???

And another good deed done by DarkNoghri. Thank you very much.

The gods of gaming will certainly look favourably on all you helping people.

dont really need to, just order from UK sites with free shipping, then get the CD but only send the serial

Add me as an Australian willing to smuggle, for the rare case something is cheaper here.

Would be happy to smuggle from Austria; unfortunately, 99 out of 100 games are probably most expensive in € (at least on Steam), so the demand will probably be low. But if I can help, I'll gladly do it.

I've smuggled stuff out of the UK a few times and would be more than happy to do so again.

Thanks for helping me out, DarkNoghri. You can add me to the list of mostly-useless Aussie smugglers. (No offence to SilverSilence, you know what I mean!)

Anyone from the US Willing to gift FNV from D2D? If that's even possible

Can paypal in advance

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Edit: solved, thank you DarkNoghri.
    ----
    Original: I want New Vegas too. I can PayPal in advance or trade some games around the same price. I'll also throw in an Empire Total War GOTY key I got with a bundle.
    Last edited by SirKicksalot; 16-06-2011 at 02:02 AM.

PM either me or Manatree. We should be able to get you sorted.

Thanks but I managed to get it sorted, unfortunately there is no gifting on D2D so I had to get someone who already owned the game elsewhere to just buy it and send me the key.

Think I'll stick with Steam gifting in the future :P

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSilence View Post
    Thanks but I managed to get it sorted, unfortunately there is no gifting on D2D so I had to get someone who already owned the game elsewhere to just buy it and send me the key.

Think I'll stick with Steam gifting in the future :P
    Annoying, isn't it? There are some games where the option for gifting does appear in the D2D check-out. I think it's only Steam games that are a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSilence View Post
    Say what now? I just gifted it to Sir Kicksalot, so it works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Leaper View Post
    Annoying, isn't it? There are some games where the option for gifting does appear in the D2D check-out. I think it's only Steam games that are a problem.
    Now, yours on the other hand, just didn't work, and I don't know why. Though, it occurred to me that you may have been able to buy from the US site yourself.