Simple, Wireless Gaming Mouse

What's the best gaming mouse? I'm in need of an upgrade, but whenever I ask someone about gaming mice they recommend MMO mice... so what's a simple, high-performance mouse?
    I was looking at the Razer Deathadder or the Razer Mamba. Are those good mice?
    Last edited by Protoman; 14-12-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    The best gaming mouse is a wired mouse.

Network Hub
    I have a Logitech m705 that I like. Wireless laser mouse, 5 buttons, and two normal batteries have lasted me 18months without having to change them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I just bought a Logitech G700 last week. Newegg had it for 30% off. The mouse is great. I love the layout and the rechargeable batteries. I paired it with a wireless keyboard though, and I did get a little bit of interference while playing the other day. I actually had the mouse plugged in because the battery was low. After it charged fully I unplugged it, and things went haywire almost immediately. My soldier would strafe sideways on his own, or not look around when I moved the mouse. I played for an hour the day before fully wireless though, and it was fine. Anyways, the mouse itself is fantastic. I couldn't recommend it more.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm going to second the "gaming" and "wireless" in the same sentence are an oxymoron.

Seriously - ALL - that is EVERY SINGLE - wireless mouse will have latency and other issues when gaming - made worse if you have other 'wireless' things but can still be an issue if it's the only one.

If your PC is a star destroyer with loads of resources to spare - it might matter less. That's because wireless/USB mice require CPU time (PS2 mice less so if at all) - but that's just part of the problem.

Cables really aren't a massive issue - honestly - not for the massive benefits (no lag, no batteries/charging, lighter mouse, cheaper!!)

Buy an MX518/G400 and JOIN US!!

p.s. Razer - the company who applied 'DRM' to a mouse demanding users install and register 'spyware' before letting them use their mouse - that Razer? You want to buy one of their products?? Are you MAD!?

Obscure Node
    Actually, DeathAdder isn't a wireless mouse but it's definitely one of the best among all the wired options. A good wireless gaming mouse would be Logitech's G700. Its ratings are fabulous and it is extremely comfortable. I used to have that before I switched to Razer's latest DeathAdder 2013 version. If you prefer Razer's wireless options though, there's the Razer Mamba, Ouroboros and Orochi.
    Last edited by platinum; 14-02-2014 at 08:18 AM.

I had a G700 for a while. Fabulous mouse, but developed the dreaded double-click issue after a year. I palmed it off on a freind, and am back to using my trusty old MX518.

I miss the additional buttons, but it feels like (it might just be my imagination) my old wired MX518 if more reliable for FPS accuracy.

If I were you I wouldn't buy a wireless mouse at all. They tend to interfere with 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi, which can get really annoying for example when you're playing a game and listening to music online. I still have Logitech MX610 but the interference was so bad I gladly switched to a wired mouse.
    I've been using Logitech G5 for years now and would recommend it anytime. If you really want wireless, it has a sibling - G7.

I've got a G700s (basically the G700 with a shiny bit on the top and $20 more expensive), and it's quite nice. I have yet to see any interference issues or major lag or anything like that; the only thing is that it has a sleep mode that causes a bit of lag if you let it sit for a while, that being configurable using their silly software. If there's any minor input lag, I haven't noticed it, though that's always going to be something that's hard to measure. I'm on a wired connection, so I can't comment on any Wifi interference issues.

It also claims to use USB for data if you plug it in, so there's that. I'm not sure if it actually helps, I can't say that I notice much difference when it's plugged in aside from resistance from the wire.

Also wireless mice have the distinct advantage that you can spin them around on a smooth mousepad with astonishing ease, so you should factor in the hours of entertainment you'll get into your purchasing decision.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-acce...r-mouse-bungee or something similiar if wanting a better feel with a wired mouse.

G500 I have always liked. G9x logitech is nice since its wider and you can grip it better, lots of eSport pros use this style. Razer Taipain is of a the same wider style.

Obscure Node
    As much as the wire is annoying (not the TV show) I tried a Microsoft wireless mouse once and it was just too unreliable so drove me crazy so, especially for gaming, I'll stay tethered.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    You could always get something like this if the wire is getting too annoying:

cmstorm_skorpion+recon_featured.jpg

Obscure Node
    The best gaming mouse is logitect wireless g700, i see that it's received thousands good review on amazon, but i want to ask it is compatible for fps game like battlefield, call of duty,..?

Network Hub
    I recently got a G700s. It requires some programming, but it's neat so far. The four thumb buttons take some practice to get to grips with. If you don't need the left/right tilting mousewheel, there's a new one called the G602 which might work well. Might.