Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielZKlein View Post
    I play. I'm ZenonTheStoic on all three platforms, but my friendslists tend to be full ;)

Let's get a Rock Paper Shotgun channel going and meet in there!
    in the age of multi gigabytes of free storage why do so many games only put 10kb assure for friends lists?

Quote Originally Posted by DanielZKlein View Post
    I play. I'm ZenonTheStoic on all three platforms, but my friendslists tend to be full ;)

Let's get a Rock Paper Shotgun channel going and meet in there!
    I'd be more surprised if you DIDN'T play League of Legends, seeing as you help develop/manage it ;)

im TACOxBOY on the na server,maybe there should be a RPS chat room so we can easily group up,something like "RPSkillshot",ill just make the chat room so join if you like.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Dominion was a blessing for this game. I haven't played a normal game in a long time.

Someone raging? Doesn't matter, the game will be over in a couple of minutes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Dominion was a blessing for this game. I haven't played a normal game in a long time.

Someone raging? Doesn't matter, the game will be over in a couple of minutes anyway.
    That it was. A few months back I tried and quit LoL after only 3 games of Summoner's rift. I'm not easily offended, but I just didn't have it in me to play with people who'd rage. Every. Single. Time something went wrong. I came back to give Dominion a whirl and have been having a blast.

Not only does it fix what I consider to be severe design flaws with the original game mode (long games that are decided halfway through, a boring laning phase with lots of emphasis on last-hitting creeps), it's too fast-paced for the proverbially juvenile playerbase to rage at eachother beyond the typical victory/defeat screen trashtalking, which is easily ignored.

If anyone wants to friend a clueless lvl 9 newbie, I'm Edesar on EU west.

Obscure Node
    I'm playing on the North America server as JChthonic, if anyone wants to add me. :)

Obscure Node
    I'm playing on the NA servers as Southall, if any RPS regulars are up for a non-ragey RPS friend.

I've got a beta NA account and my main account is in Nordic East. Always looking for people to play with.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    The only time the game makes me "rage" (which is really a symptom of being forced into a game with other people) is when they fall below what I consider baseline level play. By the time you reach level 30 and play ranked, I think there's a reasonable expectation of what skills you should have by then: placing wards, knowing how to play more than one role, listening when your team signals you to retreat... The real problem, however, is that it's a very attention-intensive game and failing in any one of these areas can be enough to tip the game. Matchmaking is also flawed in that there is no way of factoring in the tenure of a player, but that could be said of probably of most matchmaking systems.

My advice, if you have trouble with the game's noxious playerbase, is to find enough friends to always play on a 5-man team. Which I suppose is the purpose of this thread.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yos all,

Since the season two has just started, the introduction of the Ranked Team team option plus me getting annoyed with Solo queing I'm looking at see if their are any regular players who arn't part of a team already who want to get together to play? Would be nice to get some consistent players about for some practise and rank games.

Give us a shout if your interest and play most weeks either in the thread or PM me/add me on LoL (Sarigs).

Oh yeah I'm on EU West and UK time if that makes any difference :-)

Obscure Node
    I'm on EU West as Tephirax; I can't claim to be particularly good, but through sheer persistence I've hit level 25 by playing primarily PvP with a team of friends, or vs AI.

I tend to have zero tolerance for BS; if someone on the other team's trash-talking, great. They clearly haven't got their hands on the controls. If someone on my team's trash-talking my team, that's an instant perma-mute. Constructive criticism's a different matter, but that's unusual in its own right ;)

I'm on most nights UK time at the moment, so if anyone wants a game, hit me up!

~Teph

Network Hub Peter Radiator Full Pig's Avatar
    Started playing this two weeks ago and its fun. Level 11 or so, but im still terrible and last hitting and often overcommit to fights. Loving dominion mode. You get alot more used to fights. There is more action and death is less of a detterent. Good for getting used to a champion. What do you need to do duo? There was an option for normal duo, but it seems to have disappered, and Ill i see now is Ranked Duo. I have neither the level nor the experiance nor the champions for that. So far I only own Ryze, not sure whos considered good in what roles.
    Ingame name: RadiatorFullPig, EU West. I generally play at around Noon, GMT.

There are alot of flamers, but you only notice them because they are vocal. I dont mind calling me a noob, since I very much am one.

Due que is only a thing for ranked, otherwise in normals just queue as a party and you can queue with up to 4 other people.

I like Ryze a lot, one thing you might want to do if you play him a lot is start smart casting with him. Rebind Q,W and E to smart case spells 1,2 and 3. It makes it so if you are mousing over a valid target and hit the key you will cast the spell without having to click. Makes Ryze a lot less click intensive.

Hey people!
    I've been following RPS for a long time now as well, but just made an account. If you would like to play with an experienced player, add me! :D ( I've been playing LoL for 10 months now)

I play on EU West - Unleashed 911 :)

Obscure Node
    Well hello there. I'm pretty new to the game but really enjoy it and would love to meet up with some like minded folks to queue up with me so the vitrol of the community could be slightly mitigated. I'm seboz on US East (though I'm in Canada). Feel free to add me. Also my steam name is the exact same so if you'd like to catch me on there too, you're more than welcome.

Hello all. Another longtime RPS follower who's just signed up, I've been playing LoL for about 3 weeks. I'm Tesla Coyle on the Europe West server, and would love to play with other fans of this fine gaming website. I'm mostly interested in support and magey champions at the moment.

Obscure Node
    Hi. I'm looking for fun people to play with! :D Add me if you play on EU West! :p I have over 500 games played and I've learned a lot from them, unlike others. :D <- Subterana :-h
    PS: I'm really close to quitting because of the bad luck I've been having in Solo ranked que, so please, please, please save me! :">

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hi all, just wanted to give the thread a quick poke.

There's now a fair few of us on most evenings on the EU West Server, so if your on the sidelines about it or playing on your lonesome give me,
    Subterana or
    Tephirax a shout and come and join us :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarigs View Post
    Hi all, just wanted to give the thread a quick poke.

There's now a fair few of us on most evenings on the EU West Server, so if your on the sidelines about it or playing on your lonesome give me,
    Subterana or
    Tephirax a shout and come and join us :-)
    Is there an RPS chat channel on EU West or is it just a case of adding you guys as friends? There's a few of us from rllmukforum recently picked this up and it'd be great to have a few more regulars to fill out teams with. I've got a 10 man mumble server to aid the cause too :)
    If anyone wants to add me I'm Super0Nashwan (that's a zero) on EUW, been playing a few months and just about to hit level 30, got about ~70ish normal mode wins under my belt I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I'm also interested in people to play with. My housemates just picked up TOR so I've kinda lost my teammates for the next few weeks until they realise it's just like every other MMO. My username is otmer, I'm on EU West. Played since private beta, lv30, coming up on 700 wins and have a 100 slot mumble server if anyone wants to use it.