Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringwraith View Post
    That's like waiting for the sun to start going the other way around the Earth. Not gonna happen. At least in this lifetime.
    .....Errrr are you aware that the sun doesn't go around the Earth AT ALL? :-P

I don't see why there's a need to be ragging on Otmer at all TBH
    Last edited by Sarigs; 22-06-2012 at 10:11 AM.
    Steam: Sarigs Origin: Sarisan
    Waraura

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Neither do I :( I mean, I've just found out that apparently, Helios doesn't carry the sun around the sky?! Don't kick a man when he's down!
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Sarigs View Post
    .....Errrr are you aware that the sun doesn't go around the Earth AT ALL? :-P

I don't see why there's a need to be ragging on Otmer at all TBH
    What utter tosh! Next you'll be telling me the Earth isn't flat!
    Or whatever other nonsense they teach kids these days.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ringwraith View Post
    what utter tosh! Next you'll be telling me the earth isn't flat!
    Or whatever other nonsense they teach kids these days.
    Dinosaurs EXISTED!
    Waraura

Dinosaurs EXISTED!
    Ah, good to know the education system is not completely beyond redemption.

What the hell is going on in this thread? Anyway, just wanted to apologise to RPS chaps for not being on for anything other than bot matching my fwotd, been playing more DOTA 2 instead, not too thrilled with a few things Riot are doing right now. And I wanted to post this youtube series for those of you who asked about DOTA 2 and might be interested in checking it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vOad...hannel&list=UL . That should cover quite a lot of the awkwardness you get jumping from one to the other :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNashwan View Post
    What the hell is going on in this thread? Anyway, just wanted to apologise to RPS chaps for not being on for anything other than bot matching my fwotd, been playing more DOTA 2 instead, not too thrilled with a few things Riot are doing right now. And I wanted to post this youtube series for those of you who asked about DOTA 2 and might be interested in checking it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vOad...hannel&list=UL . That should cover quite a lot of the awkwardness you get jumping from one to the other :)
    Hey dude,

Good at hear from ya! A few of us have keys for DOTA2 (I picked up 1 from Rezzed) and I've had a dabble, it's interesting and different enough but I don't think it'll ever take over from League for me ;-) Add me and steam and we'll have a game some time!

What's your beef with Riot btw? ;-)
    Waraura

Yea, Dota2's not for me either. Just strikes me that they've made such an outdated game in the name of sating the people who still play DotA.

Riot still employ Phreak, that's a massive reason to have beef with them :P
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    riot still employ phreak, that's a massive reason to have beef with them :p
    TONS of DAMAGE!!!!!

For the record that should have been completely Capitalised but the forum censored me :-( Damn oppressors!
    Waraura

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    Yea, Dota2's not for me either. Just strikes me that they've made such an outdated game in the name of sating the people who still play DotA.
    I started playing HON (used to be glorified DOTA) and LOL at the same time, and always felt that LOL's style was too straightforward to me. It did not have enough of these small nuances, or annoyances if you prefer, that make games become alive. That is why I stopped playing LOL as soon as I got my DOTA 2 key and haven't looked back. :)

The level of polish and attention to detail DOTA 2 has is just... valve like. And for anyone with even remote interest towards e-sports it's a great game to follow!

Quote Originally Posted by vee41 View Post
    The level of polish and attention to detail DOTA 2 has is just... valve like. And for anyone with even remote interest towards e-sports it's a great game to follow!
    You don't compete with Valve for production values and community feedback, you just don't.

So I hardly fail any developer for not matching them, especially how it's probably a lot to do with Valve's (dis)organisational structure.

So I guess I'm hooked now. I'm Simmura in game, EU west.
    Steampowered. Origin: Simmura

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmura McCrea View Post
    So I guess I'm hooked now. I'm Simmura in game, EU west.
    Simmura! You're joining the crew? Awesomeness, remember to set up the The RPS Tea Room chat to autoload and you'll find us all bunkered down in there :-)
    Waraura

What's your beef with Riot btw? ;-)
    The live balance team have no idea what they're doing, just chasing the latest fotm in the competitive scene but even then not understanding why those champions are getting picked, eg nerfing Nautilus' damage instead of his CC, or ignoring the massive problems with Shen's ult for months while he was picked or banned in almost every single competitive game, because why wouldn't a team pick the ultimate split-pusher?
    And then there's the constant erosion of power for supports, which is my favourite role, from the incremental nerfs to champions, the itemisation (currently on the PBE gp10 items are nerfed which will likely go live) to Morello this week outright saying they're not making more than two support champions a year because they don't sell, having released Lulu in a state that makes her unpickable competitively because there's always another support champion that does what she does but better.
    It really feels like Riot are moving towards Blizzard's hellish model of balance where they pull levers with no idea what's attached at the other end and produce a never ending rollercoaster of buffs and nerfs, and LoL was where I went to escape that. Riot don't even have an intelligent theorycrafting community to keep them in check like Blizzard do. /rant

On DOTA 2, yes the design feels dated and it's really obnoxious to learn all its little quirks like which magic magic immunity doesn't make you immune to(!). But everything is dialled up to 11, so it's heaps of fun at the same time, I recommend giving it some time to acclimatise to the bullshit because there's a really good game further along the learning curve.
    Last edited by SuperNashwan; 17-07-2012 at 01:50 AM.

At least on the champions I'm familiar with (which is not many) the buffs and nerfs they've been doing seem to make sense (and I'm not just saying that because they buffed two of my most-played champions in the last patch, okay, maybe a little).
    Their major balance changes seem to come all at once but only every so often, so it's not quite a constant stream of them.
    On DOTA 2, yes the design feels dated and it's really obnoxious to learn all its little quirks like which magic magic immunity doesn't make you immune to(!). But everything is dialled up to 11, so it's heaps of fun at the same time, I recommend giving it some time to acclimatise to the bullshit because there's a really good game further along the learning curve.
    Of course one has to be able to play it, and not everyone can do that yet.

I don't have the time or the inclination to learn the quirks of Warcraft 3. Regardless, Dota2 doesn't have colourblind mode so Drac can't play it, so I won't be switching.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Obscure Node
    Sorry if I'm bumping a dead thread, but some friends have just got me into this game and I was looking for more sane EUW players and this seems as good a place as possible to ask. I'm Autopanda on there as well.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Autopanda View Post
    Sorry if I'm bumping a dead thread, but some friends have just got me into this game and I was looking for more sane EUW players and this seems as good a place as possible to ask. I'm Autopanda on there as well.
    Hey dude,

Though the thread is quiet the RPS Lol players are still very much active. Best thing to do if set to auto-join the RPS chat room on start up being "The RPS Tea Room" and speak up, we're on and about most evening in various different numbers :-)
    Waraura

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    I'm still surprised a PC gaming site this big has like 20 LoL players on the EUW servers. We are a fun bunch to play with and we don't bite (except Sarigs, who probably also has rabies, so be careful of that).
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Have my reasons
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate