Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just did that and it seems to work fine, how can I make sure my CPU is running at a higher speed? I ran a Prime95 benchmark and it seemed fine.

I use an app called OpenHardware Monitor which is showing me the following:

I think that looks good? :)

Thanks a ton!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    CPU-Z is a popular program for that, though it doesn't actually report clocks per core. At first glance, things seem alright in that pic. ~1600 MHz is what the processor idles at.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    CPU-Z is a popular program for that, though it doesn't actually report clocks per core. At first glance, things seem alright in that pic. ~1600 MHz is what the processor idles at.
    It does if you right click the core speed window. Not really handy, but it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    It does if you right click the core speed window. Not really handy, but it's there.
    Oh. They could have made that more intuitive. =/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    75 in Furmark is fine. Very weird if you're only getting 1-3% load though. Maybe CCC is just reporting wrong?
    Its possible that CCC is wrong about activity or temperatures on the second GPU but I doubt it's wrong about frequencies and it always shows 250Mhz on the second GPU instead of 900Mhz. I'll try Gigabyte Guru today and see what happens.

75C is kinda hot though, isn't it? I heard people report 90c but still. I installed a bigger and more powerful cooler( Thermalright TY-141 140mm) on the side of the case above GPUs, on max its quite loud though. Now it takes my first GPU about three minutes in Furmark Burntest to reach 75c. However, onboard coolers are never above 70% rates. So, I guess 75C is like a 70% of a max temperature?

I wonder if my system ready for a 30" LCD with 2560x1440 resolution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

75C isn't problematic for GPUs, they can take a lot of heat. And Cayman (the 6970/6950 GPU) is known for running relatively hot.

The cooler won't necessarily go to 100%. Fans get very noisy without cooling that much more, so fan curves often don't crank the fans up to 100%. You can always use a program like MSI Afterburner to set up your own fan curve if you like.

Sorry to bumb this thread, but I ran into a problem.

I just bought a new R9 280X and ran into some problems installing it, I needed to reset and update my BIOS before I managed to get it working. Now I wanted to restore the OC and I couldn't change the CPUs Turbo Boost multipliers any more! And I swear that's how I did it before.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by asskicker View Post
    Sorry to bumb this thread, but I ran into a problem.

I just bought a new R9 280X and ran into some problems installing it, I needed to reset and update my BIOS before I managed to get it working. Now I wanted to restore the OC and I couldn't change the CPUs Turbo Boost multipliers any more! And I swear that's how I did it before.

Any ideas?
    Anyone? :)

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by asskicker View Post
    Anyone? :)
    This may sounds stupid but it's possible they just changed the bios interface, try using +/- to change the value. I say this because I saw someone else report exactly the same issue on another forum :)

Quote Originally Posted by baboonanza View Post
    This may sounds stupid but it's possible they just changed the bios interface, try using +/- to change the value. I say this because I saw someone else report exactly the same issue on another forum :)
    It turns out it's exactly that... Haha I'm such an idiot! Thanks :)

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    [QUOTE=coldvvvave;304374
    Must resist upgrade addiction.[/QUOTE]

You've got a great system there for 95% of games @ 1080P, especially any single player title. However, for CPU intensive games like Planetside 2, you'll find it immensely frustrating. About 6 months ago I was running the new Tomb Raider on ultra even with hair tessellation or whatever its called at 60 FPS no sweat, but struggling to get over 20 FPS on planetside with *any* graphic setting or resolution. It was all CPU. Traded in a 4.5GHZ Phenom II quad core for the latest 4 GHZ 8 Core, and it made all the difference.

My worry/suspicion is that the eventual GTA5 PC release will suffer a similar CPU bound fate.
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.