Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    When I say the regular version I just mean the one you can download here, without any submod.

I think evening the alignments is a good idea.

Random works for me, never played, so no attachment to a particular side :)=

(I should hope I won't be entirely useless though, I'm a seasoned Civ IV player, and reading through the forums and manual I'm hoping to get a chance to role-play some of the more mental civs...)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    @ Gorzan: it links the download to : http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...p?do=file&id=1

There is also patch "O", I assume that is part of the regular version....
    The other stuff I use is also on that page, but it's just fancy stuff.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The game will be progressing so slowly that you'll have plenty of time to learn as you go :)

Shall we agree a day to start on? Do we want to wait a day or two to see if anybody else is interested?

I would say start as soon as possible, 6 players is a great number. Not to many, not to few. Especially as the start will go very slowly with the coming days.

I just need to know if we run with patch "O" or not, if not I need to fix it before hand.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Using the patch would make sense, I'm pretty sure I have it installed too. It's only a small download anyway.

I'll try and sort pitboss out this evening.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Using the patch would make sense, I'm pretty sure I have it installed too. It's only a small download anyway.

I'll try and sort pitboss out this evening.

Great. patch it is. Could everybody leave a note for alignment preference :)

Good or neutral. Just place me in either of those and I am happy.

Any requests for options? I'm not familiar enough with the mod to have a preference here. Erebus is the map type FFH is intended to be played with, not necessarily balanced though.

Reference: http://i.imgur.com/B0vAY.png

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Any requests for options? I'm not familiar enough with the mod to have a preference here. Erebus is the map type FFH is intended to be played with, not necessarily balanced though.

Reference: http://i.imgur.com/B0vAY.png
    I'd def use Erebus... the map is part of what gives the game its feel.

As for size, assuming standard is ok for 6 players, go with that. And normal speed (which will take quick long enough as it is)

and, err, leave everything else as it stands?

Erebus maps are great and what we should use.
    I want evil, that way I'm more likely to get Perpentach...

I can't work out how to set up number of players and civs with pitboss. Creating a game takes me straight to the menu in that screenshot. Maybe if I make one in game with AI and save it? Might mean AI does dumb stuff on your first turn though.

Edit: it's throwing up an error about files already in use. Looks like pitboss doesn't like mods replacing civs. I'll see if I can find a fix.
    Last edited by Kelron; 18-12-2012 at 12:08 AM.

This is silly. The problem is the huge number of options in FFH pushing the player select out of the window, which doesn't have a scroll bar. So I need to work out how to make my desktop a silly high resolution to scroll that down instead. Starting to think normal PBEM would be easier.

It seems to be a problem with pitboss itself, as it does not include a scroll option. I also did some looking around for fall from heaven 2 and pitboss. Seems that the mod has a tendency to cause a lot of OOS and might force the host to reload the game a lot of times.

PBEM doesn't look much better and from what I found it seems that most multiplayer games of fall from heaven use a mod mod called orbis. I will investigate further......To be contineud.

Got Orbis to work, it's nice. Even more options and might be interesting as it places us all at roughly the same lvl of knowledge. From what I saw it seems to be more stable for multiplayer (pitboss and PBEM).

On the options part, there should be an option to remove the red dragon that pops up in the game. It's kinda silly to lose the game in turn 30-50 due to the fact that he popped up next to your town and decides that it a nice nesting ground for him.

Yeah, I hadn't thought about the dragon, but it doesn't seem something you'd want around on a MP game.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I dunno... I'm happy keeping the dragon in. All that silly stuff is part of what attracts me to the game... but I'll go with the popular vote on this one!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    ps. I think I'd like to try vanilla ffh2 first and see if we run into problems... the Orbis modmods looks like one of these things where the designers added even more stuff just for the sake of adding more stuff.

yup, the basic mod looks nice and could run very well. I just want to give a heads up about the possibility of massive OOS's. If you know about the problems then if a problem occurs people tend to be not as upset about it.

Besides that, I have the feel Orbis has a lot more in it, but also makes the difference between play styles of the civ's bigger. Compared to normal civ both are a major leap away.

Quote Originally Posted by riadsala View Post
    I dunno... I'm happy keeping the dragon in.
    I assume everyone is joining this for the long run, not to be out in turn 30 due to a bad roll. I can take an early rush, or bad play on my part. A bad roll is just.....not fun. Especially if we play 6 without any AI it has a high possibility of eliminating one of us, or at the best crippling one.
    Last edited by Dominicus; 18-12-2012 at 10:38 AM.