Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hm I picked up Civ IV in the steam sale just to try out this mod but I'm having a hellava time trying to get the install to work properly. The only thing mentioned in the FAQ on the download sight is to change the directive being saved to but it's just giving me a error message and the mod won't load. Anyone else have similar issues?

Hmm ignore this lads I've found a forum thread over at the FfH2 forums that I'll have a poke around before screaming for help!
    Last edited by Sarigs; 28-12-2012 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Premuture posting perhaps
    Steam: Sarigs Origin: Sarisan
    Waraura

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    The mod is made for the old game, not the steam version so it does not work all the time. Try going to:

the steam library -> beyond the sword -> properties -> launch options

ad: mod=\Fall from Heaven 2

if you installed the mod correctly it should launch. Otherwise you can launch it normally by loading a mod in the options menu of beyond the sword.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Alternatively try installing the 3.19 BTS patch over the steam version and launching outside of steam. Backup first, no idea if it will work, but BTS has no DRM with the latest patch.

Also I'm back and did my turn.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Thanks for the help everyone I've managed to get it working now!
    Steam: Sarigs Origin: Sarisan
    Waraura

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Who is LogWorth? they need prodding.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Who is LogWorth? they need prodding.
    My friend. He's probably a little pre-occupied, as he became a dad a week ago. If I don't see him online today, I'll email/text him :)

Don't worry to much, it's the time of holydays so almost all of us are occupied. Besides that, becoming a dad in the same timeframe is even more time consuming then a few holydays I would assume :P.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    nudges bonuswavepilot...

Consider me nudged, riadsala - you're up!

So I have a horrible suspicion I have either badly messed up the use of my worldspell, or that for some reason the map setup has made it useless because it didn't do anything, as far as I can tell, while my various readings lead me to believe it would convert half the barb goblins on the map into my control...

Anyone got any insight what's going on here?

If I've just managed to mess something up and cripple myself early-game, so be it, I'll go down swinging, but I wondered if there was something glitchy going on.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by bonuswavepilot View Post
    Consider me nudged, riadsala - you're up!

So I have a horrible suspicion I have either badly messed up the use of my worldspell, or that for some reason the map setup has made it useless because it didn't do anything, as far as I can tell, while my various readings lead me to believe it would convert half the barb goblins on the map into my control...

Anyone got any insight what's going on here?

If I've just managed to mess something up and cripple myself early-game, so be it, I'll go down swinging, but I wondered if there was something glitchy going on.
    my guess is that it's too early for any barbarian goblins to have spawned yet? We're only on turn 5 :)

if you'd like to retake your turn and save your world spell, that's ok by me.

Yeah, for your spell to have any effect, barbarian orcs must've spawned, and even then you'll only take 50% of them. It was too early to use it. It's actually a tricky one, because if you use it too early you get almost nothing. And if you use it too late you get almost nothing.
    I'd be fine with you retaking your turn, as long as everyone else who's already taken theirs agree.

No objection.

Go for it then, no objections from me.

Hmm... I do appreciate it but I actually tried to use it in my *last* turn... Didn't mention it 'cause I thought it might just take a turn to have an effect or something...

Still happy to go back?

In my defense, the wiki does say:

"Start with For the horde at 1st turn to get a good advantage."

On this page: http://fallfromheaven.wikia.com/wiki/Clan_of_Embers

Dunno, that wiki page might be outdated, I'd swear goblins and orcs take a bit to spawn, especially on some numbers.
    I'm also willing to go back another extra turn, it's not like this early we'll do anything differently.

Argh, ok so I planned to go back to the turn 3 move before I cast my world spell, moved subsequent move files into an archive directory to avoid confusion and now the mod won't load - is giving me an 'invalid mod directory' error.

Tried re-installing mod, same error.

Am now downloading 3.19 patch to make sure things are where they're supposed to be on the Civ end in case Steam has updated something in the interim, but will have to delay trying my next turn til tomorrow, it is getting stupidly late in this hemisphere...

Sorry folks! Will let you know how I get on.

remember, the mods default install location is unlikely to match your install location.

Sorry about that peeps - have resolved my mod issues and we are back underway, this time without me having wasted For the Horde...

Obscure Node
    Bah, the tribal village which gave me free tech last time round now gives me 39 gold :(

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So, into year 12. I think it will be quite a lot of "press enter for new turn." Still, initial surroundings are mapped out and we've secured the town's boundary against the marauding lizardmen.