Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I have a spider :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    The elves are upset, a wild volcano apeared next to their ancesteral forests. They even went as far as to strike an alliance with some local dwarfen miners to investigate the smoking giant. Part of the deal was the destruction of some barbaric lizardman, well the elves let their neighbour fix that. Maybe we can also use the dwarfes to clear out some goblin battlements that are lingered around. So many options. The elves are pleased, but upset. They don't like smoke.

Also, spiders spiders everywhere! Who unleashed that evil plague on this world?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Fecking spiders.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I don't have a single wild creature in sight.
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    I don't have a single wild creature in sight.
    :D
    You won't see them, you'll just get killed.

You will see them when your scout stands next to one. And it's too late then.

I like the pretty spiders. Goblins in all directions, searching. Found some resources, but nobody's stuff to pillage yet. Need more search-goblins.

Shit, griffons, that scout is so dead.

Found my 2 neighbours, got 3 combat units and 2 scouts. Doing not to badly. If only I wanted the armageddon counter to go up instead of keeping it down :(. Ah well, thinks could be worse. Now to see what I can unleash on my second neighbour.... :D

Just a gentle observation, in civcol you are making interesting decision from turn 2 (to be fair turn one you are just sailing until you find land).

But for all its scope all choice in Fall early game freedom is spawned from whatever falls out of villages when you tickle them. The game flow needs some real kerning.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Just a gentle observation, in civcol you are making interesting decision from turn 2 (to be fair turn one you are just sailing until you find land).

But for all its scope all choice in Fall early game freedom is spawned from whatever falls out of villages when you tickle them. The game flow needs some real kerning.
    Well, that's a criticism of Civilization in general.

Civ gets more interesting mid game, where col is just boring mid game. The start is also much more of importance in Col then in Civ.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Indeed, I've only got gold from villages, so I don't have anything but the starting units as of yet.

I've only even found 1 village.

It's the dungeons where you get the good stuff, they are a risk to take but the rewards can be even bigger then a goodie hut. It is most common to try to go dungeneering close to an enemy town, just in case you unlease some undead or other nasties on the world.

Seems my goblin fellows can see hidden animals, so while I also has a spider, I am managing to steer clear of him thus far. As long as he doesn't go marauding too close to my town, he might well prove a handy defensive asset...

Gold and a single unit from goodie huts for me so far - praying for tech but no luck yet... The clan is more at home with a lump of wood with a nail in it that a microscope. No sign of the neighbours yet. Also have a griffon lurking nearby, and no units likely to be able to take one on... (Though if one could be captured, it would be right handy to have an air force at this early stage...)

As I expected, my scout is dead.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    As I expected, my scout is dead.

Scouts have a short life expectancy in this game!

Or they have to be fast. And picking off animals who just killed an opponents scout does help as well, as after a few kills they can get quiet strong for early units.

Hey guys, I'm going on a trip this weekend, so don't expect turns from me until at least monday. Works for civcol too, of course.