Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Me want. But I'm still leatning to not being humiliated in multiplayer games. My ID is Pnikosis.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    I'd be up for this. I'd prefer dark extermination.

Network Hub
    Definitely in, sounds like fun.

ID: Baboonanza
    Dark Extermination please, though anything not Light would be ok
    UK server preferred, don't much care which one

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm in! I'm riadsala, and uk6 usually.

Activated Node
    cwoac. any uk. I suggest a different mode each round (but all the same in a given round).

Quote Originally Posted by cwoac View Post
    I suggest a different mode each round (but all the same in a given round).
    I agree. I can add that we should start with Extermination and gradually move to something more complex.
    One day my log will have something to say about this.

Quote Originally Posted by cwoac View Post
    cwoac. any uk. I suggest a different mode each round (but all the same in a given round).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rond View Post
    I agree. I can add that we should start with Extermination and gradually move to something more complex.
    I heartily concur with these ideas.

Network Hub
    Ok, first of all dont write lengthily posts in the quick reply box because if you take too long your cookie expires and it just deletes what you wrote :(

Right my plan was to give the highest voted match type in round 1 and the final match and then assign the other match types proportionally based on the votes, which since almost everyone votes all then its gonna be one of each. It seems fair this way.

Heres the link to the spreadsheet.

and in the attachment is 10 Extermination maps. If you feel that any of them are unbalanced just post here with the map name and what you feel is wrong with it.

Anyway good luck and have a nice day.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Had a look at the Spreadsheet. Remain confused. What now?

It may be that I am not fully functional right now. ;)
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Sign me up as interested, and as easy meat. Completely suck at this game, but happy to participate.

FS ID is Desvergeh.

No preference on modes or servers. Fine to go along with what the more experienced players deem best.

Now off to try to get better by playing the SP campaign.

Network Hub
    well originaly i explained how the spreadsheet worked but that post was lost.

The spreadsheet has 3 pages, page 1 is the upper branch its where we all start. First column is just the list of names of participants, x number of people are seeded into the equalization round so that the next round (first official round) is an even power of 2. When the tournaments starts ill move the names on top of those little lines and then matches will be played accordingly. Thers the matches number on the line too and the winner advances to the next round (the numbers are not currently accurate since the number of matches changes with each new player.

Page 2 is the lower bracket. players are seeded into it when they lose a match, the Lx numbers mean the loser of match x is seeded there. the number of the round in the lower bracket is parallel with the upper bracket (1 at the same time as 1) however many lower rounds have more then one round (a and b) as such round 2,3 and 4 in the upper bracket will be 2 weeks long so the lower bracket can do match a and b during that time (there's also a 1 week break after the upper bracket final). Note that the tournament final which is the winner of the upper bracket vs the winner of the lower bracket can be 2 matches long because the upper bracket player never lost and this is a double elimination tournament, because of this the lower bracket player must win twice in a row.

Page 3 is just the list of votes for the various game types. Based on these results I will assign the match types and maps to the various rounds (row 2).

Have a nice day.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    are we going to have the matches on set days, so other people know when to spectate the match? (we can use mumble for live commentating)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I'm in.

FS username = cimethink
    Servers Texas2 or Texas3

Anything dark is good, but I'd rather avoid extermination as it gets old fast, plus the possibility of draws unnecessarily complicates things.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    are we going to have the matches on set days, so other people know when to spectate the match? (we can use mumble for live commentating)
    Not necessary. Poeple can try to meet if they like to speed things up and once the game has started all you have to do is post the game number and anyone can see the progress.

Network Hub
    Ok Here are the rests of the maps. Today is the last day to join in and vote but remember we have a whole extra week to join in on the fun. We are up to 21 participants which is certainly a great number for a first time attempt but the more the merrier as they say.

Feel free to review these maps if you have any issues with them feel free to say so, we can always generate new ones.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Okay, stupid question: how do I open those .enc files?

Edit: never mind. Hurr durr etc.
    Edit again: no, wait, still stupid. I can't load these. I can save a game from the advanced game screen and load it again, but when I try to load any of these I get nothing.
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 11-06-2011 at 02:21 AM.

Network Hub
    where did you put them? I think it only works if they are in the user level folder

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    They're in the right place. I take it they load OK for you? Has anyone else tried?

I'm a bit late to this, but I'd definitely like to get in on it if there's still room.

Activated Node
    I'm McDan in the game, on UK 1. And not really bothered about what type of games they are, I like them all.
    Bam. Tit job.