Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar

Error Code G99 - a little help?

Been trying to log in to PS2 today and keep running into the error code G99 (In URL for the error it actually titles it as "Unable%20to%20connect%20to%20Login%20Server." ).

Game loads jumps to 98%, hangs for a while, then dumps me out with that error message.

I've hunted around online a bit and seen a number of different solutions, ranging from "it's the servers down for maintenance god people are so bitchy!" (sidebar - according to launcher all servers are up) to "it's a port forwarding problem" (set up port forwarding, didn't solve issue). Windows Firewall is switched on but Planetside 2 should be set up to get through.

Anyone else run into this and fixed it and could help me out?

Running Windows 7 64bit with Planetside 2 installed and run via Steam.
    Last edited by sketchseven; 10-04-2013 at 01:22 PM. Reason: I forgot the error message in the URL

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Sorry, never encountered that problem.

Last time everyone was getting this was a problem at their end with log-on servers, just because a server is up does not mean you can actually get into the game. I can only advise patience (i.e. go play something else for a while).

Wow that was fast - thanks for the quick replies. I'll give it a few hours and try again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Remind me as well - can attempting to play the SoE/Steam version with a ProSiebien account (or vice versa) also cause this one, or is that a different crash-on-load?

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Remind me as well - can attempting to play the SoE/Steam version with a ProSiebien account (or vice versa) also cause this one, or is that a different crash-on-load?
    I have no idea but just to add I am using a SOE account to play the Steam version. As far as I know, anyway.

I tried using a pro seiben acc through steam around the time of the last Call to Arms, it didn't work for me. Its only good if you want to play another character on a server you already have one on
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Network Hub
    Yeah I get G99 too. It just means the servers are down. Apparently they should be back at 4pm BST.

(Why on Earth a four-hour downtime is needed for a patch, I don't know)

Quote Originally Posted by cfftble View Post
    Usually that means the servers might be up in 6 hours, provided they didn't fuck anything up.
    Last edited by Feldspar; 10-04-2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Poor typinge.

Well I've made sure that my firewall is configured properly and all that other jazz. That just leaves their end with the login server being down.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Something is down on Sony's end. The game isnt starting for me either. So dont worry about it, it will probably up within a few hours.

Last time that happened to me was when they were rolling out some big patch and the servers weren't online yet. It'll fix itself and I think it happens to everyone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cfftble View Post

According to the patch notes, they are doing database optimisation to improve performance. Everything data related in this scale takes a lot of time. At the very least they are rebuilding the indexes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    According to the patch notes, they are doing database optimisation to improve performance. Everything data related in this scale takes a lot of time. At the very least they are rebuilding the indexes.
    If the API is just a section of what's availble, then the database is fucking huge.

Any kind of pass over it will take hours, no matter how many CPUs you throw at it...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG