Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Apparently the Triple SC deal will only be available to SOE account holders, and NOT to folks registered with PSG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Yeah, I can believe it. I've definitely got my account with the wrong people.

I'm playing on the TR, so I'm not sure if this is applicable to you all.

Sometimes, I want to believe that the guy I just killed is having a worse time afterwards than he may have had if another player had done the deed. How do I do this?

I became a horrible scumbag and bought a skull mask with glowing eyes for my main class. I'm so glad I did. The satisfaction I get in knowing that the person I just blew up with my underslung grenade launcher has to stare into my stupid, red eyed, skull mask is unreasonably massive. I don't give a fuck about petty morals anymore. Have some spawn room C4. Skull face engineer strikes again.

Oh god please help me I'm becoming one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdoots View Post
    I'm playing on the TR, so I'm not sure if this is applicable to you all.

Sometimes, I want to believe that the guy I just killed is having a worse time afterwards than he may have had if another player had done the deed. How do I do this?

I became a horrible scumbag and bought a skull mask with glowing eyes for my main class. I'm so glad I did. The satisfaction I get in knowing that the person I just blew up with my underslung grenade launcher has to stare into my stupid, red eyed, skull mask is unreasonably massive. I don't give a fuck about petty morals anymore. Have some spawn room C4. Skull face engineer strikes again.

Oh god please help me I'm becoming one of them.
    Thats ok, we love blowing your shit up.

Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    Apparently the Triple SC deal will only be available to SOE account holders, and NOT to folks registered with PSG.
    they might be planning something too.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Thats ok, we love blowing your shit up.
    I'd be offended if you didn't. Godspeed.

I find the default heavy launcher does plenty of damage to land vehicles while being laughable for even attempting anti-air. Is there any reason to pick the dedicated AV launcher over the AA launcher on the marketplace, considering this?

This might not have a VS equivalent, but the TR Engi has access to a semiautomatic battle rifle that is actually rather nice. While not my weapon of choice, I can see people who like to hole up with some teammates and form a firing position getting good use out of it. Keep your buddies ammo full, the MAXes shiny, and pick off targets without the recoil control needed from long-range carbine use.

I'm somewhat curious about the machine guns for the Flash. It's ridiculous, impractical, and silly sounding. Anyone have firsthand experience with them? I'm wondering if they are legitimately fun to use, or if I'd just be kicking myself for actually wasting SC on them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    This might not have a VS equivalent, but the TR Engi has access to a semiautomatic battle rifle that is actually rather nice.
    It does, actually. It's called the Eidolon, and it is rather nice for long-range outdoors engagements, though finding the right scope for it seems rather important.

I'm somewhat curious about the machine guns for the Flash. It's ridiculous, impractical, and silly sounding. Anyone have firsthand experience with them? I'm wondering if they are legitimately fun to use, or if I'd just be kicking myself for actually wasting SC on them.
    Got it in the Vehicle Starter Pack bundle, and haven't killed a thing with it. Hardly even shot at anything to be honest. Its firing arc is rather limited, and you're too exposed to stand up to anything bigger than a single non-heavy infantry on foot, so you have next to no time to actually fire it at anything. Don't waste your SC/certs on it, I say.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    they might be planning something too.
    That's kinda not really reassuring.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    That's kinda not really reassuring.
    Yup, they said they wont, for sure.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Well, I said fuck it and tried to remember my old SOE account, which I had for a year or so. Got it and found that I had 500 SC there gratis.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Banned
    It's okay. Whenever I die to someone with a camo, custom helmet, or surprisingly expensive weapon for his low BR I feel better because I know that he paid a lot of money for what is, essentially, garbage that would've gotten an F if it was a graded software project.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    It's okay. Whenever I die to someone with a camo, custom helmet, or surprisingly expensive weapon for his low BR I feel better because I know that he paid a lot of money for what is, essentially, garbage that would've gotten an F if it was a graded software project.
    ... bitter much?
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Seriously, man; why are you even bothering with this game if you dislike every other thing about it so badly? And why come here to spew your hatred? You are free to have whatever opinion you like of the game, naturally, but I would much prefer if you kept your trolling to the official forums or Planetside Universe, with the rest of the kids. I appreciate criticism (I certainly don't like every aspect of PS2!), but mature, nuanced discussion is so much more pleasant, and so much more in line with the general attitude of the Rock Paper Shotgun community.

Could we try that, please?

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Seriously, man; why are you even bothering with this game if you dislike every other thing about it so badly? And why come here to spew your hatred? You are free to have whatever opinion you like of the game, naturally, but I would much prefer if you kept your trolling to the official forums or Planetside Universe, with the rest of the kids. I appreciate criticism (I certainly don't like every aspect of PS2!), but mature, nuanced discussion is so much more pleasant, and so much more in line with the general attitude of the Rock Paper Shotgun community.

Also, we could simply remind everyone again that it is one of the forum rules to be excellent to oneanother. That sortof just goes against it. Especially in a thread where it is about spending station or seven cash.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    I would much prefer if you kept your trolling to the official forums or Planetside Universe, with the rest of the kids. I appreciate criticism (I certainly don't like every aspect of PS2!), but mature, nuanced discussion is so much more pleasant, and so much more in line with the general attitude of the Rock Paper Shotgun community.

It seems like it is entirely your choice, since you're the one doing it.

Maybe I can turn this thread a bit on topic again:

After doing a trial both the Hawk (Anti air) and Crow (Anti ground) rocket launcher for the NC Heavy, I can say that the Hawk is pretty useless from my experience. Enemy Mosquitoes can outrun it very easily, and you can hit the slower stuff with your regular rocket launcher, stationary weapons, tanks etc. The Crow on the other hand is pretty useful in my eyes. Especially on medium and longer distances it's much more effective than the basic rocket launcher. The only downside is, that the launcher is pretty expensive :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Mohorovicic, I think you got your point across. This is a horrible pay to win game that has a lot of flaws. Any value in it's gameplay can safely be disregarded as the game is pay to win, and pay to win is an overwhelming factor in-game that outplays player skill and tactics.

I do not agree, as you would find not many here do. I don't see why you have to get this point across the way you do, and your immature and unfriendly attitude stands out on these forums, which is why you're catching flak for it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    Maybe I can turn this thread a bit on topic again:

After doing a trial both the Hawk (Anti air) and Crow (Anti ground) rocket launcher for the NC Heavy, I can say that the Hawk is pretty useless from my experience. Enemy Mosquitoes can outrun it very easily, and you can hit the slower stuff with your regular rocket launcher, stationary weapons, tanks etc.
    The AA laucnher for all factions are, lets say: "underwhelming". There are just too many counters to it and you will almost never get a kill with it. Unless a pilot is stupid enough to still fly above enemy territory with less then 30% health or you are able to sync up your shots with other AA. If you are looking to get rid of air, buy a second burster or A2A missiles. Skyguard is also okayish against Libs, but sucks against ESFs.

Reassurance for the ProSiebWhatever account holders - we will also be getting the triple offer on the 21st!

Their community rep Rwyn is still coming across as fairly dismissive, but they confirm that there will be an identical offer:
    "Anyway: I'm allowed to tell you here in this thread that we'll take part on this event. So European players also will have a Triple SC event on Dec 21 and this will be officially announced Dec 20th in the evenings." (http://en.planetside2.eu/forum/general-feedback-discussions-f3119/will-eu-get-21st-3x-sale--t535706-s80.html#p5817857)

Why they couldn't just have announced this at the same time SOE let it slip is beyond me. Still, at least we are still getting the offer
    Last edited by Mercurial Sentinel; 19-12-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Banned
    The G2A and G2G launchers have projectile velocity of 40(in comparison, the default dumb RL has velocity of 112. Even the "slow projectile speed" Decimator is faster!). A Galaxy could outrun them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Good news, at last!

So, besides Dalton, Sauron, Turbo Laser, Photon Pods, and a second Burster, and of course the giraffe cammo, what else? What is a good anti-infantry gun for a VS MAX? Perhaps the close range option, for cleaning up rooms? And for a medic, sticking with the Pulsar or going CME or (blasphemy!) NS-11?

Choices, choices...
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 19-12-2012 at 02:08 PM.