Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial Sentinel View Post
    Reassurance for the ProSiebWhatever account holders - we will also be getting the triple offer on the 21st!

Their community rep Rwyn is still coming across as fairly dismissive, but they confirm that there will be an identical offer:
    "Anyway: I'm allowed to tell you here in this thread that we'll take part on this event. So European players also will have a Triple SC event on Dec 21 and this will be officially announced Dec 20th in the evenings." (http://en.planetside2.eu/forum/general-feedback-discussions-f3119/will-eu-get-21st-3x-sale--t535706-s80.html#p5817857)

Why they couldn't just have announced this at the same time SOE let it slip is beyond me. Still, at least we are still getting the offer
    A lot of times, community managers have their hands tied about what they're allowed to announce - they're several layers of management below the people who [have decided they're the ones who] get to choose what information can be disseminated and the fact that someone else has already leaked the information doesn't change that. It's a slow decision loop and often the decisions of the higher-ups don't make sense.

On the other hand, this particular community manger appears to have failed consumer relations 101; that snarky "move to America then" comment was pointless, petty and deliberately confrontational.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    As someone working in a similar field in an equally criticized organisation, handling outward communication without support can be extremely shitty and create a lot of pressure - especially since you have close to no power in more classical (Pro7 is a german media giant, would expect them to be ridiculously hierarchical) organisations.

Still a very shitty comment that proves he's not ready for it, or just simply has no one else to turn to for help.

It also seems that relations between SOE and Pro7 are not being upheld as well as they should, and that communication between them is bad. SOE on the other hand is handling their PR bit really well from my point of view (doing a case study for my bachelors next year on post-release PR in games, SOE/PS2 will feature as the "good" guys from the look of things now).

Post from EU Community manager, Rwy'n re 3xSC on 21st (Good news).

posted at 2:32

Hi again,

well, not all of you seem to have read the already given answers so here we go again:
    Rwyn wrote:
    Just to make sure everyone understands that: PSG will do promotions. We just do not announce them weeks before they're taking place so you have to stay tuned and you'll have to have a regular look onto our pages. This also doesn't mean we will do the offer on Dec 21 - maybe there will be a promotion ealier or later the year - who knows?

Some of you are upset because you don't know what will happen. I fully understand that this is something which might unsettle - but it's nothing to worry or to discuss about since you still don't know if there will be a Triple SC event taking place or not. After Dec 21 this would be a discussible topic if we wouldn't take part. But: It's absolutely not necessary to know about an SC event before such an event takes place - as long as you have a regular look to our pages. And sorry to all who'd like to refuse this: You'll miss events. Be part of the community and you'll know about these events - either by our pages or by other players.

Anyway: I'm allowed to tell you here in this thread that we'll take part on this event. So European players also will have a Triple SC event on Dec 21 and this will be officially announced Dec 20th in the evenings.

Best,
    Rwy'n

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    This also doesn't mean we will do the offer on Dec 21 - maybe there will be a promotion ealier or later the year - who knows?
    Anyway: I'm allowed to tell you here in this thread that we'll take part on this event. So European players also will have a Triple SC event on Dec 21 and this will be officially announced Dec 20th in the evenings.
    what a dickish way to go about it.

well fuck me. That is good news.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Well, it makes no business sense to announce it very far ahead in time. Who will impulse buy shit? No one.

The reason for him announcing it at this time and saying it will go official on the 20th is because this is the first of such events and SOE and Pro7 obviously haven't cooordinated (as well as SOE patching it in weeks before, stupidly enough), which makes EU players go HEY FUCK YOU GUYS. It might have been planned all along, and Rwyn have now nagged bosses for a couple of days to try to make them to understand that this whole community thing is super important in online games.

In the future I can assure you SOE will not patch it in before it happens (they have probably lost a lot of money these couple of weeks because of it), and Pro7 will have their promotions around the same time.

Will be partaking of the triple event myself. My initial thoughts were, Saron cannon for Magrider, AA cannon for Lightning, G2A and A2A pods for Scythe, Dalton for Lib, 2nd burster for Max, and probably the dual lock-on rocket for my HA.

Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    - as long as you have a regular look to our pages. And sorry to all who'd like to refuse this: You'll miss events. Be part of the community and you'll know about these events - either by our pages or by other players.
    Their pages being where? I can't find a link on the game launcher, and I'm too lazy to Google. If you want me to visit your page, make it easy.

Okay, I know I can get into the forums through the "My Account" link, but not putting important news (like server downtimes, patch notes and the like) straight on your launcher newsfeed is becoming one of my biggest gripes about online games (PS2 not being the only or worst candidate).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    I too bought the Thanatos and was frankly underwhelmed by its effectiveness. May be that I'm using it wrong, or that I got "the wrong shotgun" or whatever, but I really don't use it all that often nowadays. I find that the 6 shots in the clip aren't enough to kill a dude, never mind two or three, and I'm consistently killed when reloading, as Jesus_Phish so succinctly points out.
    I have recently played around with the Nova, with the extended ammo capacity upgrade, and boy does it kick a punch, if you manage to get up close! For the light assault, a shotgun is really awesome during base assault/defence. This is one buy I would really recommend. I must repeat Cooper's words:

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    The only "must buy" is a shotgun. They can be used by everyone except infiltrator and are a real bonnus in certan bases (but uselsss in many situations. But given their wide availability, they're the most bang-for-buck.

I have recently played around with the Nova, with the extended ammo capacity upgrade, and boy does it kick a punch, if you manage to get up close! For the light assault, a shotgun is really awesome during base assault/defence. This is one buy I would really recommend. I must repeat Cooper's words:
    I bought the Nova, impressed with it so far, in admittedly limited use. Powerful, needs only 2-3 hits to drop a target at close range, not much recoil, takes an NV scope.

Banned
    Try the slugs. Shotguns with slugs are pretty much semi-auto sniper rifles.

unless its the pandora, then its automatic sniper rifles?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Try the slugs. Shotguns with slugs are pretty much semi-auto sniper rifles.
    I will give that a try next time I reach a hundred certs. Thanks for the tip!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    And I do have to repeat: buy a shotgun, but DONT buy the Thanatos!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Rather than start a new thread

Pimp My Sundy

Primarily what's a decent gun for defence against Libs who like to drop bombs on my sundy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post

Pimp My Sundy

Primarily what's a decent gun for defence against Libs who like to drop bombs on my sundy?
    I suggest the default guns, but sundy vs lib is always libs that win. I dont think the 50cal works better against air.

Your best bet is to find a good hiding spot, deploy and get your bursters out. Also, armour.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post

Pimp My Sundy

AMS

Grab a burster MAX or G2A HA.

No ground vehicles except the Skyguard are worth taking on air. Even the Walker for the MBT is pants (even if it's great on Gals and libs)
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Pandora has done me well so far. (that sounded seedy)

That's a real meat and veg (....again) shotty that any member of the Rock, Paper and Shotgun Posse can wield with pride. Slap a VHO Refelx x2 (Holo-Op) on top of the shaft (... ok, that's far enough) and Bob's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt. (Damnit...)

Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    Pandora has done me well so far. (that sounded seedy)

That's a real meat and veg (....again) shotty that any member of the Rock, Paper and Shotgun Posse can wield with pride. Slap a VHO Refelx x2 (Holo-Op) on top of the shaft (... ok, that's far enough) and Bob's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt. (Damnit...)
    Finally, some love for the pandora. But do you use slug or not?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I bought the Hades lock-on AT launcher, which worked well defending quartz ridge. Have anyone tried the launcher with both AT/AA lock on? I suppose it's just got nerfed damage?

Other things I've bought that I'm happy with (only valid for VS I guess):
    MAX
    2nd Burster - Clear upgrade, someone mentioned that they had been buffed against infantry recently?
    2nd anti-infantry weapon, the Blueshift I think. Clear upgrade again, makes a lot of difference for AI purposes, with AT/AI guns the Max really weren't that good against infantry (or tanks for that matter).

I'm thinking a pure AT MAX might be too situational, anyone tried that?

Infiltrator
    V10 bolt action sniper rifle - I couldn't kill shit with the default semi-auto rifle, this is much better for sniping. I also upgraded the scope, but can't remember which.

Artemis scout rifle - I use this for infiltrating enemy bases, works better than the Nyx in that regard IMHO.

Lightning
    Skyguard turret - this seems to be worth the investment just for the added mobility, although I suspect I will still get more kills with the double burster max. Works fairly well against infantry at medium range.