Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Steam Sale Silly Season is almost here??

Thanksgiving Sale will start tomorrow I guess - partly because they won't want to start it on Thanksgiving itself and backed-up by the lack of a MidWeek Deal today!?

When that's over there's the Xmas Sale which can't be more than 3 weeks away from that point!?

I bring this up mainly because, last year, the TG sale had some better deals then the Xmas one - just FYI

Wallets ready? Cards cashed-in? Wishlists full to brimming?? :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    There was this supposed leaked e-mail that indeed pointed tomorrow as the start of the Thanksgiving sale, as well as give up the dates for the Xmas sale.

Network Hub
    The info is appreciated. I always forget about the lesser sales like Thanksgiving.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I was never sure if that letter was legit - it's not hard to guess the dates for the TG and XMAS sales - but given that everyone with a game on Steam must get a heads-up on the sale dates, a leak isn't entirely surprising.

We have at several regulars on this forum who are Steam Devs - they know if that's legit or not but would be foolish to admit it ;)

Bring forth the bargains!

It's definitely not tomorrow at all in any way, oh no. Definitely not. And in no way would Valve have put any information out there in a group they forgot wasn't private anymore announcing that the first of the two Steam sales is tomorrow either because that'd be a really, really stupid thing to do. Nor would anyone be a complete idiot and leak an actual genuine private communication between Valve and all the Steam devs also saying it's tomorrow because that'd be stupid as well.

Nope. Not tomorrow. At all. No sirree. And nor does it end on the 3rd. Nope. Definitely not. That'd be silly.

But if it were tomorrow and if it were true and the discounts were carried across between the sales which would never actually happen in real life because obviously that'd be absurd then at least you'd know that you can always hang on a few weeks if you miss a discount. Not that it's happening, natch.
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times
    Steam

Also, I'm just hoping for some cheap pinball this year on the not-happening-tomorrow-sale.
    Steam

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Also, I'm just hoping for some cheap pinball this year on the not-happening-tomorrow-sale.
    Don't think you'll get cheaper pinball than this in the Steam sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Activated Node
    No weekly sales on Monday and the daily deal only lasts 24 hours, the sale is definitely not tomorrow.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar

But if it were tomorrow and if it were true and the discounts were carried across between the sales which would never actually happen in real life because obviously that'd be absurd then at least you'd know that you can always hang on a few weeks if you miss a discount. Not that it's happening, natch.
    But what if a game is cheaper during those stupid flash or voting discounts which mess with my 16 hours sleep schedule?:(

Buying games has gotten a bit boring. I want the old sales activities back :/
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Think GoG or The Humble Store will respond?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    Buying games has gotten a bit boring. I want the old sales activities back :/
    I loved the summer achievements. My favorite was AAAaaaaah!'s summer level.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Me too. Picked up Pinball FX2 in that recent Humble sale and, much to my surprise, I enjoy it so much I'd like to get some of the additional tables on discount.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    I'll probably just hoover up some cheap as chips DLC tbh. I'm going to be keeping an eye on Dragonborn and a few other bits. Might be tempted by remember me if it goes super low as well.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Think GoG or The Humble Store will respond?

Fairly certain at least one of those will. I mean, were such a thing actually happening, obviously.
    Steam

Looking forwards to picking up many an indie-game for a few quid off this year. Granted they're cheap as is, but there are many I want. Hoping for some good bundling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    My wishlist is bigger than it has ever been during a sale period, but my will to actually buy stuff is at an all-time low because I just bought me a new monitor this month. That said, on the off-chance the new Splinter Cell dips as low as £10 I'll probably pick that up, Pixeljunk anything, Trackmania anything at £7 or under, Assetto Corsa at any discount (or I'll just buy it anyway if I buy nothing else), Tomb Raider for £5... KSP and AeroFly FS at %66 or more off. I'm pretty nonchalant this time, but having more games than hours left to live will do that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    I've never done the calculation, but I am curious a) how many days of cumulative play time I've logged and b) how many days of cumulative "official" expected playtime is left in games I haven't gotten to.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    Don't think you'll get cheaper pinball than this in the Steam sales.
    True! Already picked that up as I was a bit resentful of buying the tables *again* at full price (would be the third format) but it's worth mentioning how good a bargain that is again. And again.

I'm hoping for Pinball Arcade to chuck their oar in on the Steam sales (if they can given the odd set up they've got lumbered with) as well though.
    Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    True! Already picked that up as I was a bit resentful of buying the tables *again* at full price (would be the third format) but it's worth mentioning how good a bargain that is again. And again.

I'm hoping for Pinball Arcade to chuck their oar in on the Steam sales (if they can given the odd set up they've got lumbered with) as well though.
    It would probably be a wise move, since they've got all this hot'n'heavy publicity courtesy of the Humble Sale. If they're ever going to pull enough sales to offset discounts, now is the time.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0