Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Network Hub

Games with a Christmas theme

So I was thinking it would be good to get a list going of some games with a strong christmas theme :)

I honestly can't think of many but I know many multiplayer have events so lets just stick to single player games.

James Pond 2 robocod
    Christmas Lemmings

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    The Holiday Hare! Complete with snow and Christmas themed soundtrack.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Banned
    Fahrenheit. I like to play that every festive season.

Quote Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    Fahrenheit. I like to play that every festive season.
    Ah yes, there's nothing more festive then fah...wait, what?

Arthur "the Podunkian" Lee (he famous for the infinite development cycle of The Underside) made a couple of really neat little festive parodies: Merry Gear Solid and its sequel, Ghosts of Christmas Past. I think you can probably guess what they're parodies of. Worth checking out, given the general lack of festive-themed games.

*edit* and i forgot to mention that they're free to download from the links provided.

I also like to play games with snow in them. Because snow is good. Nintendo do arctic-themed environments brilliantly, so i tend to get my snow fix from Zelda/Mario/Metroid.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Not so much just for Christmas, but I had a massive binge on Dirt 3 last week, spending eons on snow stages, and when I got up and looked out of the window I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed that it wasn't snowy outside :) :)

It was, of course, raining - because that's all we get here - rain and more rain - snow is the same thing but prettier, BRING IT ON!

p.s. I'm also reminded that the first year I logged-in to WoW to discover the Xmas event was on was properly magical - there were presents and toys and decorations and it was a BIT like Xmas had been as a kid - just for a few mins until I realise there was grinding required (Small Eggs anyone?) :)

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Costume quest has a christmas expansion (which I think is included by default in the pc version).

The telltale sam & max season 2 episode 1 is a christmas one.

But yeah, beyond a few mini events in games and holiday events in mmos I can't think of much.

I love this Christmas season games

Last edited by bad guy; 16-12-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Obscure Node

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    A lot of multiplayer games tend to have special Christmas events. Team Fortress 2, Killing Floor and World of Warcraft are the first examples that come to my mind. And any game with a large modding community, such as Doom, Half-Life or The Elder Scrolls Series, is guaranteed to have at least one mod with a Christmas theme.

However, while I can name plenty of plenty of games featuring winter levels, I can't think of one that specifically deals with Christmas and its themes. Considering how popular of a holiday it is, you'd expect it to be a bit more prevalent.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Tough topic. I don't know about strong Christmas themes, but when I think of games that put me in a Christmasy mood, Serious Sam's rockin' Christmas music comes to mind.

Serious goodness.

Also, heres the Serious Sam HD Christmas Trailer if the music alone didn't do it for you:

I remember a Christmas themed Carmageddon demo that was on some magazine's cover disc (maybe PC Zone) a long time back. Needs further investigation, I don't throw those things out and I'm not doing anything this afternoon. It'll be like a fetch quest, that's kinda Christmassey in itself.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Home Alone was the first thing that came to mind

Banned
    You actually want christmas themed games?

Let me turn the question around a bit, any games where you kill christmas instead?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Looks like Space Pirates and Zombies still comes with the Christmas themed mod from the Steam winter sale one or two years ago. You can select it in the launcher.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Terraria had a Christmas biome IIRC. Not a Christmas themed game in itself though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Make a Santa in SR3.

There was a level in World of Conflict where you invade and blow up a village all set for Christmas. Still one of the best model villages I've seen in a game, it was beautifully done. There was a tree in the square, holly around the doors, lights on the houses, all set in the snow, it was lovely.

Then there is the rather old Nights into Dreams Christmas thing, but I guess you'd need an emulator for that.

Edit: I called it! http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...reams-out-now/
    Last edited by Squiz; 19-12-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Network Hub
    Marvin's Mittens
    http://www.desura.com/games/marvins-mittens

There is a demo as well!