Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    The Holiday Hare! Complete with snow and Christmas themed soundtrack.

Oh man, that's some good ol nostalgia right there
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

My favourite christmas movies are ones that aren't directly about christmas, but just happen to occur then, with the festivites as a backdrop to what the stories are actually about. I'm talking about Die Hard, Batman Returns, and so on. So for games I'd have to say Max Payne, which takes place in the days before Christmas Eve. The afforementioned Fahrenheit is a good one too (though looking it up, it it turns out it's actually set in January).

I'll still second Merry Gear Christmas 2 though. Surprisingly solid game for something that presents itself as a throwaway parody.

I haven't looked into it myself, but you could probably get into a festive mood by loading up Minecraft and finding a snowy biome. Make a log cabin, add some redstone flip-flops, and you're jolly. You can probably find a mod that adds reindeer as well.

Yep, there you go, a Christmas mod.

Obscure Node
    Garden Gnome Carnage is about Christmas, in a bizarre way:
    http://www.remar.se/daniel/ggc.php
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/548737

Also, Little Inferno gave me a very Christmas-y vibe, even though it's less explicitly about Christmas and more about consumerism, cold, snow, and warming your heart with whatever you can find.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by qizarate View Post
    Ah yes, there's nothing more festive then fah...wait, what?
    It's got like...snow in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Looks like Space Pirates and Zombies still comes with the Christmas themed mod from the Steam winter sale one or two years ago.
    Nimbus also has a set of christmas levels and Sanctum a christmas map, but they're just bonus content.

Fahrenheit reminds me of christmas too, I must have played it around that time.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Nimbus also has a set of christmas levels and Sanctum a christmas map, but they're just bonus content.
    In the same sale, one of the Men of War games got a weird Christmas level too. I forget which, but maybe it was Assault Squad. IIRC, you have to defend a Christmas tree against robots...

Network Hub
    Satan Claus boss *and* a reindeer boss. How can you not play this game on Christmas?

Last edited by victory; 21-12-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Fly'n added Santa hats to the characters as part of an optional update. Isn't that cute.

Elf Bowling!

Two pages and no mention of Killing Floor? Rectified.

http://store.steampowered.com/video/1250/2028220

Good faceshooting stress relief when your family are driving you mental.

EDIT: oops mentioned on page one.

Activated Node
    Adventure Gamers made a cute P&C adventure trilogy a while back: Christmas Quest

The puzzles are a little quirky but it's a free, enjoyable little romp.

Tyrian has the christmas mode when it detects your system clock set to December 25th. I think there's a cheat code to use it as well.

Obscure Node
    Snatcher's a good one. You'll probably have to emulate it though, unless you own a Sega CD that is.

Obscure Node
    Created an account just to resurrect this thread.

I suppose all of the Batman: Arkham games can probably stand to be mentioned here, right? The first two are certainly very snowy and there's something about The Bat that makes me think of the holidays (ever since Batman Returns, perhaps). I also understanded that Arkham Oranges is set around Christmas Eve...?

For whatever reason, the parts of Assassin's Creed 3 that were set during winter really gave me a Christmassy vibe. The towns and more rural environments were so well realised in that game in terms of atmosphere, and the addition of crunching, smooshing snow underfoot and on all the rooftops and hillsides was no exception. The period setting itself pushed a few Dickensian buttons as well.

Are there any other games that have a Christmas-like feel or tone to them - if not an outright theme?

I remember some old South Park game where you threw snowballs at each other. Guess that is a bit Christmasy. Wintery at least.

On the subject of Batman games, Batman Returns on SNES takes place during Christmas.