Thread: The Doom Comic

The Doom Comic

Oh well. A couple of months ago I presented the infamous Doom comic to the audience in our lovely Steam group chat, to the amusement of everyone. I promised to post it on the forum but due to the then upcoming reboot I kind of forgot about it... until now.
    So what is this about, you may ask. Comics based on video games used as promotional material are nothing new or special - but the Doom comic is different. It's absolutely insane. And hilarious. And quotable. There are numerous rumours about the authorship and origin of this comic but it seems certain that it was just a random giveaway on an Id convention and the writers were high as kites. There is also the possibility that someone completely sober wrote it and thought it was genuinely good. A terrifying thought.
    But what am I talking? Nothing I can say to you can prepare you for it:

http://www.doomworld.com/10years/doomcomic/comic.php
    It's very short and you can, er, read through it in a couple of minutes.

Also, reading this now in the light of the recent Fukushima disaster makes it seem bizarrely prophetic.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

The dramatisation (which is up on YouTube which saves me from searching around internet forums or my HDD to find it to upload) adds another dimension to it.

You are huge

that means you have huge guts