DRM woes, King's Bounty?

Once upon a time I downloaded the X3 demo off their webpage, and the Starforce DRM made my computer stop booting properly. Given that I am a novice with these fiddlings there was little for me to do but weep and give my computer to the local computer mage who would cast his spells and made it work again.

Last week I installed King's Bounty Armored Princess which I had bought from Steam. I didn't have much of a chance to play it that day so I just started it, got the graphics to work, and shut my computer down(the safer, proper way). The morning after while preparing for work I powered my beast up, took a shower, and returned to my computer stuck in an infinite booting process where it tried to repair the bios, but to no avail.

I hope you'll excuse my total lack of knowledge, and perhaps my mistakingly blaming it on King's Bounty, but has anyone had similar problems with the game?

Is this even possible for DRM to do? I have already turned my computer back to the computer wizards, so I do not at this point need any technical help, but I am curious as to if DRM can do this to your computer, and what causes it to do such things.
    BobHound - EVE Online

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If there's something wrong with your BIOS, then it was nothing to do with DRM. You're also quite possibly fucked.
    If there's just something wrong with Windows boot, then yeah, Starforce did that sort of thing ages ago.
    Last edited by CMaster; 18-07-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Dear me, that sounds terrible!
    BobHound - EVE Online

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sounds like the Bios battery has gone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    do you have a motherboard that has lighty uppy numbery LEDs that light up with numbers while it boots? If so, check the number code on the manufacturer's website.

Also, try pulling and reseating the RAM; it worked for me once when I was night convinced the BIOS battery was buggered.

Already turned the computer in for repairs. I have a great fear that my tinkering would lead to further damage on the circuitry so I instead opted to throw heaps of money on the repairmen.

Hopefully they will try these things and send me back my computer whole again!

Keeping my fingers crossed. I have games to play!
    BobHound - EVE Online

Activated Node
    No, but the same problem has happened to me before. It was a virus and the only cure was a full system reinstall.