Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Proving that, if the UES is worth paying attention to at all, the decision to move to LevelCap was a great one:
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Proving that, if the UES is worth paying attention to at all, the decision to move to LevelCap was a great one:
    Yeah, he does know what he's talking about.

http://ps2hq.com/model-viewer not exactly a knowledge bomb, but very cool. It's a WebGL interface that uses the in-game models and textures to allow you to see what camo looks like in 3D. Seems to work best in chrome.

LevelCap on Assault rifles.

Not anything particularly new or important. But a decent overview.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It seems that the only thing that really matters in PS2 is firerate, at least if you listen to levelcap. I guess thats why NC players tend to feel underpowered, there just doesnt seem to be enough of a boost in heavy hitting slow firing weapons.

Oh and repair sundies? Bloody awesome. I do not know what levels of repair the guy had as it was a random but it healed my mag from half health to full in very short order, while driving to the next base. Extremely useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    It seems that the only thing that really matters in PS2 is firerate, at least if you listen to levelcap. I guess thats why NC players tend to feel underpowered, there just doesnt seem to be enough of a boost in heavy hitting slow firing weapons.
    It takes 7 body shots to kill someone. Pretty much regardless of faction. Some NC weapons bring it down to 6. A couple of shit VS / TR weapons make it 8. Nanoweave at level 3 adds a bullet to the required number to take you down.

Basically: The TTK in the game is incredibly short. So you need something that's gonna guarantee as many hits as possible in a short a time as possible. Hence high RoF wins. Always.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Banned
    Without doing a lot of math that you people oh-so-hate: 200 damage weapons kill in 5 hits, 167 damage weapons kill in 6 hits, and 143 damage weapons kill in 7 hits. Except for Infiltrators who have less health but who cares about them.

Nanoweave 1, Biolab regen, Medic's Nano Regen ability all increase the amount of bullets needed to kill you by 1.

The TTK doesn't vary too greatly between weapons to be perfectly honest. I never bothered to calculate it for all the weapons but for LMGs(TTK of which I have lying around) the lowest TTK is 0.56 and highest is 0.64.

The reasons why people tend to gravitate towards high RPM weapons are most likely a) they're pretty much universally good in CQC/hipfire and b) the flinch mechanic(having your aim jump when you get hit) which supposedly happens on per-bullet basis, so more bullets = more flinch = he can't fire back.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Which is why they really need to look over the damage falloff and stuff like that for high rof weapons. There should also be a better armor system for infantry. High rof usually means lower caliber rounds which should have weaker armor penetration. So instead of just giving extra health armor should have damage resistance or damage reduction, even a flat damage reduction would be helpful since it would make fast rof weapons weaker while having minimal effect on slow rof weapons with high damage.

But I guess its just me who prefers slower rof with higher damage rather than spray weapons :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I prefer those too, but in PS2 (due to several mechanics) it's almost always better to go with high rof and large magazines.
    Maybe one of the reasons NC feels underwhelming sometimes and TR weapons often godlike. I wish I had those as standard VS weapons...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    There are high ROF NC weapons though.

Yeah the GD7-F and the GR-22 are in reality no worse than the VX6-7 and H-V45, which are the guns most people use anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    There are high ROF NC weapons though.
    Sure, but NC has to unlock those while TR gets pretty good ones from the start.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Same for VS. But that is the whole design philosophy behind TR infantry though, isn't it? Question is if it's a good philosophy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    The NC gets the best pistol and by far the best sniper rifle by default, too.

The NC seem to have a slight advantage at range - single shot, people. It's the future. But yeah, up close, they can be overwhelmed with sheer volume of fire more easily.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    The NC gets the best pistol and by far the best sniper rifle by default, too.

The NC seem to have a slight advantage at range - single shot, people. It's the future. But yeah, up close, they can be overwhelmed with sheer volume of fire more easily.
    Hacksaw. (10char)
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

...meaning what?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Really, NC maxes strive in close combat situations. I haven't had many fights, I'd lose in close combat scenario and honestly, being a CQC player, I don't feel less capable with NC weapons in hand.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Oh yeah, well, the max is designed pretty much exclusively for close range, what with the shotguns and all. It's just a shame they're all pretty useless without unlocking extra weapons first - one shotgun just isn't enough when you move that slowly, and the explosives are useless.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i.../#post-1160133

A detailed post about DPS and DPM (including reloads) of the VS SMG compared to the other CQC weapons of the Vanu arsenal.

The conclusion being that if you own the VX 6-7 or Serpent, H-V 45 (and since the Orion is the default for HA), they all outperform the Eridani. If not, it is worth consideration as you get one weapon, also useable by the Infiltrator, instead of having to purchase two. The real advantage of the Eridani seems to be its hipfire CoF, which is only 1x at minimum to the ADS, compared to the standard min 3x.

Obscure Node
    Thanks for that MrEclectic, will give it a good look over. I was using the Eridani yesterday with 1x Laser Sight and Suppressor and I just felt like I was far effective than when I usually use my VX6-7 with 2x Laser Sight, Soft Point ammo and Suppressor. Possibly a placebo effect? Will need more play time to really make up my mind, but it feels like the recoil on Eridani is easier to control.