Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    I play all factions.
    I've never had to TK a Prowler or Vanguard, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Well, it's just way easier to tk your friendlies with a mag. With a Prowler or Vanguard you more or less shove people aside. They still get some damage put at least they have a chance to survive. With the Mag you just clip under/inside it and die.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    You never have to TK anyone, unless they are apparently only out to TK, themselves. Blowing up a friendly in a vehicle because s/he ran you over is just being petty. It certainly doesn't foster a good environment...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Well, it's just way easier to tk your friendlies with a mag. With a Prowler or Vanguard you more or less shove people aside. They still get some damage put at least they have a chance to survive. With the Mag you just clip under/inside it and die.
    It's generally easier for someone on the ground to get out of the way of a Prowler / Vanguard, their tracks make it easy to predict where they'll be.

Mags reversing and strafing at the same time are impossible to juump out of the way of...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    You never have to TK anyone, unless they are apparently only out to TK, themselves. Blowing up a friendly in a vehicle because s/he ran you over is just being petty. It certainly doesn't foster a good environment...
    TKing people who aren't persistent TKers themselves = /report. If you can't play with others then fuck off and play on your own, kids.

Having said that, I couldn't stop laughing when Cooper asked us to kill the TKing random in our sundy. Too funny.

Activated Node
    You don't have to kill the enemy either, but it's fun to.

You can look up the team kill stats of a lot of these people that drive a mag all the time and just plow through friendly infantry because they don't want to take the time to go around them and just don't care, I'm sure their TKs are a lot higher than mine.

I've noticed this with mags, compared to other MBTs, that they often just don't stop for anything and plow right through infantry and flashes that they should clearly be able to see. I'm not talking about strafe and bumping into others. I think they've just become so complacent over the accidental kills from strafing, and thinking there is no real consequence, that they just run over infantry in their way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by innociv View Post
    You don't have to kill the enemy either, but it's fun to.

You can look up the team kill stats of a lot of these people that drive a mag all the time and just plow through friendly infantry because they don't want to take the time to go around them and just don't care, I'm sure their TKs are a lot higher than mine.

I've noticed this with mags, compared to other MBTs, that they often just don't stop for anything and plow right through infantry and flashes that they should clearly be able to see. I'm not talking about strafe and bumping into others. I think they've just become so complacent over the accidental kills from strafing, and thinking there is no real consequence, that they just run over infantry in their way as well.
    still, the answer isnt to start shooting your team. If youre vanu on miller, then you better keep it in check under my command.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Activated Node
    You kinda get used to being roadkill for the mags anyway, especially if you play engie a lot. No need to get worked up about it.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    TKing out of spite or for vengeance is lame as hell, and i'd certainly hope that we're above crap like that as RPS outfit.

No it doesn't.

If it's a driver not paying attention or a trigger happy fellow in the heat of battle, you let is pass.

But if someone, for whatever reason, is clearly deliberately TKing. Everyone has my tacit support in putting them down. I can't remember what that guy did who jumped in Sundy that sinister mentioned, but it was a TK when there was no enemies around for miles.

That he then tried to get a lift from me was just stupid...
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    No it doesn't.

If it's a driver not paying attention or a trigger happy fellow in the heat of battle, you let is pass.

But if someone, for whatever reason, is clearly deliberately TKing. Everyone has my tacit support in putting them down. I can't remember what that guy did who jumped in Sundy that sinister mentioned, but it was a TK when there was no enemies around for miles.

That he then tried to get a lift from me was just stupid...
    If I recall correctly, it was during UES, and he was TKing members of another VS outfit while in our Sundy. If there is one exception to the "Thou shalt not TK" commandment, that was definitely it.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    still, the answer isnt to start shooting your team. If youre vanu on miller, then you better keep it in check under my command.
    Seconded. What with the resource costs and acquisition timers and all, it's just a bad practice that should not be encouraged.

An acidic /tell should do the trick.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Marquise View Post
    You kinda get used to being roadkill for the mags anyway, especially if you play engie a lot. No need to get worked up about it.
    Actually, I find they avoid me more if I have the green beam of tankhealingness! However, I don't think I've ever driven a Lightning and not had a magrider ram me half to death/climb on top of me as I'm shooting/try to shoot through me/stop dead in front of me in a canyon barely wide enough for a flash (Dear god why do people always just stop when in front of you? Even had one guy who decided he wanted to turn around and go home - with half a dozen tanks behind him.).
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

To get this thread back on topic, Wardancer spooted this on the PS2 sub-Reddit:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...oice_channels/

Custom voice channels in-game!

Get Proximity Radar for the Flash.

Get Stealth Lvl 1 for the Flash.

We will love you for it. It lights up the minimap in outposts meaning you know exactly what door people are about to run through, how many they are, if they maybe have a sundy nearby.

At base level it provides 50m range. Which for many bases is a larger area. It'll cover most of a small outpost...

The Stealth simply means it doesn't show up on the minimap. Which means the flash will be ignored by everyone.

Useful places:
    By cap points at small outposts.
    Cap points at larger outposts with towers. Especially when defending.
    By Shield gens in Amp & Tech plants
    Near a deployed AMS (sneaky engies!)
    Anywhere on the ground floor of a tower.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I have a 75m radar for my flash with a Fury and nightvision. It is extremely useful for both spotting and spamming a doorway with grenades. Should probably get stealth too though.

Isn't the scoutradar 25,50,75,100 m though?

According to the wiki it is 25,50,75,100 yeah. 25m is still a good amount though, as long as you can hide it well!

I picked up quite a few certs over the weekend so I think I'll be investing in it!

I might do that too, in fact!

Obscure Node
    Even if it's not that well-hidden, a lot of the time riderless flashes go ignored by the enemy as there are more immediate dangers with higher XP to destroy, and most people (including myself) forget the radar capability. So yeah, I'll definitely be certing into this next.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    I tend to ignore unattended flasheseses, waste of ammo. Also I've used them, and engie turrets, as a primitive early warning system before. I didn't realise the radar went so far though, will have to start blowing them up more.

The early warning thing can be quite handy for an engineer. Plonk a turret down indoors somewhere behind you, and if it starts taking damage, someone has just lost the element of surprise.