Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Shogun 4x4?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Shogun 4x4?
    Mitsubishi Library Photo: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    Skyrim (yeah, I still don't own this, but I'm in no hurry)
    My plan for Bethesda RPGs is to wait till all the DLC is released, and then purchase and play the whole shebang (by which time all bugs from the main game will have been worked out). The plan worked perfectly with Fallout: New Vegas, which I played this fall season and was a fantastic, unforgettable experience.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Mitsubishi Library Photo: Total War
    NUH-UH, remember "Total War:" comes before now.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    I am picking up shooters this year (Natural Selection 2 & CS:GO), Sleeping Dogs (that game was so enticing when it came out, but I just didn't have the cash) and to cap it all off I was going to buy The War Z... until I found out it was a pathetic hunk of moldy cheese. Thus I resort to waiting for Day Z's standalone release. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Recommend the use of SteamGameSales.com to find the heavily discounted games that don't show up on the front page. Another interesting site might be HowLongToBeat.com for a quick reference on how long you can expect the game to last. Also, perhaps a list of 'games to watch out for' based on the 2012 RPS Advent Calendar would be a nice addition that ties the thread back into the main site.
    Excellent idea! I'll include them.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    NUH-UH, remember "Total War:" comes before now.
    I wonder if they did that for the sole purpose of getting future games listed next to each other in the Steam library.

Network Hub
    I'm in need of advice. I'm looking for a game where I can leisurely click around and stuff happens, and some numbers grow. I would prefer if there was no combat, or that it is at least avoidable/minimal/schematic. A game that I was looking at was Port Royale 3, and I wonder if anyone's played it? I did play Port Royale 2 and liked it more or less, but I'm not sure if the next one brings more to the table than updated graphics.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrki View Post
    I'm in need of advice. I'm looking for a game where I can leisurely click around and stuff happens, and some numbers grow. I would prefer if there was no combat, or that it is at least avoidable/minimal/schematic. A game that I was looking at was Port Royale 3, and I wonder if anyone's played it? I did play Port Royale 2 and liked it more or less, but I'm not sure if the next one brings more to the table than updated graphics.
    Games that come to mind are: Anno 2070, Tropico 3 and/or 4, Crusader Kings II, Evil Genius, Dungeon Keeper II.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Activated Node
    @ mrki

I played Port Royale 3 and I can recommend it for your needs, but to me it is really only worth about $5. It does have some great qualities though. Honestly Dungeons of Dredmor is relatively easy to play although it does have combat. It requires more thought, but there is some mindless clicking involved and the turn based nature of the game lets you stop at any time without having to pause.

Scribblenauts is also a rather laid back, slow and non-violent game although it does involve typing.

The last recommendation I have for you is little inferno. You click, burn stuff and numbers change. Simple.

I would NOT recommend Anno 2070, Tropico 3/4 or Crusader Kings II. These games require a decent amount of thought and mental investment. I cannot comment on Evil Genius or Dungeon Keeper II.
    Last edited by Atrophy; 20-12-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Are there any general sale rules that people recommend be included?
    I think Amazon plans to put their price matches to the sale on their Late-Breaking Deals page.

Here we goooooo!

Hahahaha, Game of Thrones RPG is -75%... From €59.99! It was €39.99 before the sale begaun!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar