Newbie questions about bloodbowl one and two

Hello, I never played this game (actually I did play the board version 20 years ago :-) but unfortunately it was just before my rave party stage so I just remember the box. I probably chewed the cardboard figurines soon after).

A friend of mine does play this game extensively. He is an old chessgame partner and I really trust his judgment. If he likes this game there must be something.
    I saw some let's play, have read some stuff and I thought it looks fun. And my doctor said I need to practice a sport.

But besides the fact that I'm not rich enough to buy a game just for the joy of lining it up on a shelf I really start to wonder if it is worth buying it now, just when the second edition is about to come.
    Btw when is it supposed to be out exactly ?
    Do you think it will immediatly make the first edition obsolete or will the fans continue with the first for a while ?
    Last edited by Tevildo; 26-09-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Blood Bowl's on sale (Steam etc) for ~5 pretty often, I'd wait for that. BB2 is the same game but with better graphics and a smaller selection of teams, so I don't see us moving to that for quite a while (until the race selection is better).

I see... And they will probably enlarge this selection will various dlc.

Thanks for the advice. I will try to get BB for a cheap price, then.

If you would like to get an impression of the game before buying, you could also try FUMBBL, which is a web-based client version of Blood Bowl. FUMBBL has a more complete implementation of the game rules, all the races and Star Players (not all inducement options of the board game but still more than Cyanide's version) and gives - in my eyes - a better view of the pitch. It's also easy to quickly find games, something which might be regarded as a weak spot of RPS Blood Bowl - we usually don't manage to get in more than one game per league per 10 days on a regular basis. That's cool for running week-to-week leagues but it makes the learning progress quite slow (and given the wild mix of TV in the leagues sometimes also pretty daunting).
    Last edited by Squiz; 27-09-2014 at 07:46 AM.
    Forum janitor in training.

That's even better ! Thx Squiz !

EDIT : About the pitch, I understand you have a more global view, but it somehow feels less natural. It reminds me chess and the difference between seing the board in 3D or on a book or a web site.
    Last edited by Tevildo; 29-09-2014 at 06:57 PM.

7 e on steam ! Hurrah

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tevildo View Post
    That's even better ! Thx Squiz !

EDIT : About the pitch, I understand you have a more global view, but it somehow feels less natural. It reminds me chess and the difference between seing the board in 3D or on a book or a web site.
    Half the pleasure of Bloodbowl is not the maths, its the character of the themes presented. You need a good imagination to preserve that in FUMBBL .
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Maye, when I'm not a BB-beginner anymore I'll give FUMBBL another try.

Resurrecting this thread now that BB is once again on sale on Steam!

I'm planning to buy it, learn it and join the RPS divisions!
    A question: it seems that you're all playing on the Legendary Edition, is that correct?
    What am I missing on as opposed to the Chaos Edition?

Quote Originally Posted by MelodyMeows View Post
    Resurrecting this thread now that BB is once again on sale on Steam!

I'm planning to buy it, learn it and join the RPS divisions!
    A question: it seems that you're all playing on the Legendary Edition, is that correct?
    What am I missing on as opposed to the Chaos Edition?
    Both editions are compatible with each other. The only difference is Chaos gives you three additional races to play - Chaos Dwarf, Underworld and Khorne. If you get legendary you can play AGAINST those races just not with them
    Global Warping (Skaven) - RPS Divisions of Death Champions Seasons 34-36

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Both editions are compatible with each other. The only difference is Chaos gives you three additional races to play - Chaos Dwarf, Underworld and Khorne. If you get legendary you can play AGAINST those races just not with them
    Thank you!
    I suppose I'll be joining you soon, then.
    Last edited by MelodyMeows; Yesterday at 11:17 PM.