Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar

League Concept: NBA(No blocks allowed)

Stop... Just think about it... Imagine you can only hit the ball carrier... Yes cages... but just think about it, you still have your blitz, just no blocks... And fouls obviously... Just let it settle into your brain... Its weird in-nit?

Can I have someone do a test match with me? I'd love to see how it went. Probably an ugly Stalemate.

As an extension to the rule: if a block (accidental or not) was made, it must be followed up with a foul (on anyone, as soon as possible*, these fouls needs stack, Its even possible if you failed a block that the foul might be your next action the next turn, or right after you blitz a foul target over).

*Your opponent caged the only foul target and you need to make 2 GFI to reach him? Tough, you chose to block, or the hams at the ends of your arms did anyway.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; Yesterday at 10:45 AM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I can't see how any momentum builds up there, unless you play two wood elf teams with leaping wardancers to make use of that Blitz.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    You're a madman Helio, but at least you make nice logos.

I would be interested to see a 'softer' version of this, where all armour rolls caused by opposing blocks (and pilings on) followed the foul rules and could lead to the attacker getting ejected from the match on a double. Such things are impossible in the video game version, however.

(But that still becomes a vastly different game for a much more limited pool of viable teams. Might as well propose an all-elf league, where play is governed by the fact no team can rely on reliable Strength access. At least that's actually doable in Cyanide's game!)

Oh, god.. Vampires would be so OP in this rules. Yeah, it might be tough to enforce, but I think it would make for interesting positional play. More than an elf only league which could get pretty generic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    The "must foul" rule pretty much means that trying to knock anyone over wouldn't be worth it, surely? Especially as you're likely to be blitzing exclusively with your most valuable fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    The "must foul" rule pretty much means that trying to knock anyone over wouldn't be worth it, surely? Especially as you're likely to be blitzing exclusively with your most valuable fighters.
    Yes, it is to discourage blocking, its kinda the idea of the league. But if you fancy making a block to make a score more likely or just to injure a thrower who is vexing you you'll get to foul him too :)

So basically, skinks and snotlings > everyone

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    so basically, skinks and snotlings > everyone
    AND IN THE GAME!

​allcaps

So basically, skinks and snotlings > everyone
    Erm, sure, try it might work, or Gutter Runners go past you at warp speed carrying the ball, or elves pass it back field. I don't think this is zero sum, skinks are a great pick though, maybe the sauruses will be good at forcing some dodges.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; Yesterday at 08:43 PM.

If they can't block you, all you have to do is pick up the ball and keep dodging. Snots are the best dodgers in the game, plus they have sidestep to be a pain in the dick if they do block you, and since they can't beat you up, you can put up massive screens without even worrying about protecting 90% of your micro-dudes. They're not gonna get a numbers advantage and strength difference isn't a big deal, so the main weaknesses of snots can be shrugged off.

The only major weakness left is their speed, but when you can dodge through almost anything without a care, it's manageable.

On defence? They can't hit you, so they can't stop you from getting in the way. Gutter runner? No problem - sit back and wait. They'll have to dodge through sooner or later.

Anyway, I whinge. I'm not really interested in playing this, but I will happily argue about it :P
    Last edited by sinister agent; Yesterday at 10:20 PM.

Tried a test match with sinister. Punishment for blocking needs to be more clearly defined? Maybe outside of matches?