Page 2 of 344 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    They ring, are you listening?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    They ring, are you listening?
    you will learn to fear... the Bad Santas!

Division A is ready to roll on once both games are validated, could an admin do the honours? Ideally I'd like to get my next game in tomorrow if INinja's about.

Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me) vs. Cute, Harmless Hippies (Chaos, Jarvis)

Well, that was brutal. Going in with a substantially lower TV I decided to fill out my roster with zombies to throw at the MB/Claw warriors, plus a wizard and two babes. The Hippies won the toss and elected to receive, after which Tooth and Claw ripped the living snot out of them. A chaos warrior and a Ag4 beast were injured on their first turn and it just got worse from there. Slowly being whittled down (there were only 6 or 7 of them left by the end of the half, vs. 9 Necro's) and with the ever present threat of a wizarding the Hippies finally tried to break out around turn 6, but a fumbled pass ruined any chance of a TD and allowed Claw to grab the ball. Despite a spectacular leaping blitz downing the carrier the extra numbers of undead allowed Claw to run the ball to safety, finally scoring on turn 8.

The second half went much the same way. A botched Necro offensive gave the Hippies a chance to recover, but in trying to stall out a few turns the inevitable happened and the carrier was first surrounded, then forced to make a dodge that he failed. Grabbing the ball again Claw sprinted off up the pitch, scoring another touchdown on turn 16.

An utterly brutal game almost entirely dictated by the slew of injuries and knockouts I luckily rolled in the first few turns (especially taking out the strength 5 warrior with tentacles). Both touchdowns were scored by the new wolf, getting him well on his way to level 3, while the remaining original flesh golem got the last casualty he needed to make level 4 and the rookie ghoul got the MVP for his first skill. Unfortunately one of the wight's picked up -AV, and not the one with -MV at that. Have to fire him eventually but I can't carry another rookie for the time being so he'll stay for now (I'll miss tackle/mighty blow against the skaven though). Not that that will be much comfort for Jarvis, two of the warriors got MNG against JayTee's Khemri. Hope the claws on the other two are sharper then than they were against me.
    Last edited by NieA7; 19-12-2012 at 09:41 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Tough shit everyone else. The Brain and I have just played game of the year hands fucking down. Or should that be two game. We each had one exquisite half each. A punishing 3 - 0 lead was established only for the world's greatest comeback to make it 3 - 3 and then a bad case of the fumbles put me 2 GFIs from a stunning and near unbelievable 4-3 win.

Only for Nuffle to state that there was no way this game could be won so he called the game a draw as my man fell over at the last.

Superb game 3 - 3. Division 1.

The match has to be watched to be believed. Match of the year. It's up on BBManager, the third and most recent game between us.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    ...game of the year hands fucking down.
    I guess you missed that Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim and I recently played a 6-3 match in the Open, where we both scored one turners in the last turn? ;)

I'll have to watch your replay and make a decision. You've got some competition at least. Maybe a vote by people who watch both replays?

Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    I'll have to watch your replay and make a decision. You've got some competition at least. Maybe a vote by people who watch both replays?
    Alas, I couldn't submit it, as the game crashed out before it could write the file properly or something (the game was properly validated and everything though). Perhaps Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim submitted it though?

I think I tried to but failed or something. That could explain why. 3-0 to 3-3 beats 6-3 though, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    I think I tried to but failed or something. That could explain why. 3-0 to 3-3 beats 6-3 though, sorry
    Fair enough... ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Division K (the division with three festive filler teams and one real person)

The Bad Santas (Dorf, Pres. Weasel) triumphed over the Slay Belles (Amazon, Heliocentric) in a surprisingly tense match. Despite Dwarf teams' preponderance of block and tackle making them Amazon kryptonite, Helio kept the score very close (helped by me failing a turn 8 go for it with the death roller to make a crowd surf that wasn't entirely necessary but would have been funny, then lonering the reroll instead of running in the TD).
    One of the Santas' runners delivered the lone touchdown of the game in the very last turn - the amazon who heroically made two dodges (With no dodge roll because tackle) to get free of her marker and put a one-dice on the runner in turn 16 got a skull (which genuinely surprised me, because I expected Nuffle to choose both down because block).

1-0 to the Santas - if they keep this up, I may retire the Red Skull Reavers and run a dwarf team from now on.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 19-12-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Fair enough... ;)
    Well maybe Cyberpunk and Jiiiim could look at our match and try to come up with a fair assessment.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    1-0 to the Santas - if they keep this up, I may retire the Red Skull Reavers and run a dwarf team from now on.
    This always happens with my filler teams - they kick ass and then I have to retire them again :(

I have a brilliant rookie-ish Vampire side and Orc side now, waiting to be picked up again someday...

Also, don't do it!! Dwarfs are the darkest of dark sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Also, don't do it!! Dwarfs are the darkest of dark sides.
    Well, I wont be going Amazon, despite them handling their "hard counter" very handilly, no other team has such a thing. Yes chaos beat up elves, but elves skip around chaos, yes orks are slightly OP and have a bit of everything, but they don't automatically lock down any entire team.

I'm not bitter for what its worth, it just feels wrong that amazons have no "real edge" despite easy blodge access.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Amazons skill up quite nicely (especially their blitzers) but I find the MA6 across the board surprisingly limiting and it put me off them in the end.

Trying to think of Chaos' hard counter team now. I think Amazons would be quite high on that list actually, Claw doesn't bother them and if Chaos doesn't take some Tackle they'll not make a lot of progress. However the team I dread facing most with Chaos is Orcs, especially in the early levels when they have both the ST and the skill advantage and comparable speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    yes orks are slightly OP and have a bit of everything
    Covered that.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Division A is ready to roll on once both games are validated, could an admin do the honours? Ideally I'd like to get my next game in tomorrow if INinja's about.
    Your wish is my command. J and H also rolled onto round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Not that that will be much comfort for Jarvis, two of the warriors got MNG against JayTee's Khemri. Hope the claws on the other two are sharper then than they were against me.
    Not guilty guv, it's Dogpants' Khemri he's up against.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well maybe Cyberpunk and Jiiiim could look at our match and try to come up with a fair assessment.
    The one real shame is that the chat log is not saved with the replay. My reaction when I suddenly remember about Jordell FreshFuckFaceBreeze and Pass-Block was pretty priceless.

I re-watched the first half this morning and the way I ruthlessly hunt down and maim your two Blitzers is pretty brutal. If I'd just moved my catcher into the pocket rather than getting Pass-Blocked the first half would have had a really different look to it. Although I suppose Mr HynoGazeFuckFace would have just busted open the cage and you'd have turned over the ball anyways.

I told you I would struggle in the second half without my blitzers. They are the only tackle players on my team so I knew Grayland was going to be all up in my grill for the rest of the match. My plan had been to stick my AG5, tackle, DT, blodge, sidestepper next to him and beat the crap out of him. Man I hate Grayland!

I told you I would struggle in the second half without my blitzers. They are the only tackle players on my team so I knew Grayland was going to be all up in my grill for the rest of the match. My plan had been to stick my AG5, tackle, DT, blodge, sidestepper next to him and beat the crap out of him. Man I hate Grayland!
    I almost injured grayland in AH and I's match. -1 AV apo to BH though :( He would have been MNG for your game too.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High