Page 3 of 345 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    I gave him a BH in the 3rd turn I think but he got apothed to the bench. I'm going to have to put a bounty on his head if someone doesn't kill him soon. GRAAAAAAAAAAYYYLLLAAAAANNNND! (Said in a Captain Kirk style).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Grayland leads a charmed life let me tell you that. He's been successfully apothed from career enders 3 times now.

Also, due to the joy of the random name generator I've hired his brother as another catcher.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    Also, due to the joy of the random name generator I've hired his brother as another catcher.
    The brother will be dead before the the next set of promotions/demotions.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    Not guilty guv, it's Dogpants' Khemri he's up against.
    Indeed it is, and I do appreciate you guys beating each other up before I play either of you.

Hi 20phoenix - I'm around to play our match for Division K tonight, if it's convenient.Edgar
    "We had to apologise for him with our set. They were still booing him when we were on" - David St Hubbins

Sorry Edgar - our great and munificent leader has claimed my free time this evening. Free the majority of the weekend though?

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    Not guilty guv, it's Dogpants' Khemri he's up against.
    Eeep, sorry both, brain fade. I put it down to the heady thrill of playing Chaos and causing more injuries than I suffered.

Activated Node
    It seems that the Div 1 is ready to be rolled. Again. Welcome week 3. Thank you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Division C completed and rolled on to week 2

Division A, Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me) vs. The Rakish Rodents (INinja, Skaven)

It was a game of two halves. Just so happened that both the halves consisted of much violence being visited upon the rats.

Claw had another stack of inducements to play with so I opted for Neckbreakah (mainly for juggernaut and strip ball, the rats boasted a lot of fend but not much sure hands), a wizard and a babe. Claw won the toss and elected to kick, and the Skaven scored their inevitable touchdown on turn 3 (is it actually possible to stop a Skaven drive? They're worse than elfs) with a neat throw-and-catch-in-the-end-zone. On their return drive Claw elected to cage up around the line of scrimmage and bash, a decision that paid off spectacularly around turn 6 with three injuries in a row, followed up by a couple more before the end of the half. Despite the carrier being downed at one point the Skaven could never work the ball free, allowing a ghoul to run it in on turn 8.

Much the same thing happened at the start of the second half, only this time the cage was on the left rather than in the middle. With only 8 players at the kick off it was always an uphill struggle for the rats, and further injuries followed (Neckbreakah earning his pay by badly hurting the rat ogre with a one dice block). The tricksy rats still managed to get a hold of the ball at one point, but with only a single Gutter Runner on the pitch he couldn't get away and the ball was regained by a wolf who ran it in on turn 14 (leveling up in the process, who-hoo!).

Receiving with 7 players a draw was still possible for the rats, especially with the rookie runner recovering from its KO, but it wasn't to be. With one runner stunned the only chance was the newbie making a catch in two tackle zones, which proved to be too much of an ask. The ball bounced into the hands of Neckbreakah, who handed it off to the Ag4 ghoul after one of the wolves made a 10-square blitz on the rookie runner. The ghoul ran forward, made a GFI, threw it to the other wolf who made the catch and the two GFI's needed to score again, leaving it 3-1 to Claw at full time.

Khemri next. I'll be making more than the usual sacrifices to Nuffle over the next couple weeks...

I managed to get a win against Everblue this evening, despite being undeservedly promoted and being down around 500TV. The wizard was super-effective which helped!

Now I've got another Chaos team to look forward to followed by Nurgle... Whoever "randomly" picked this division clearly hates dwarves, pitting them against lots of claw. :P

Anyway, thanks for the game Everblue!

Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    I managed to get a win against Everblue this evening, despite being undeservedly promoted and being down around 500TV. The wizard was super-effective which helped!

Now I've got another Chaos team to look forward to followed by Nurgle... Whoever "randomly" picked this division clearly hates dwarves, pitting them against lots of claw. :P

Anyway, thanks for the game Everblue!
    I don't think hating dwarves narrows down the list of possible culprits :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    1) Ugh it was awful.

2) It was 1-0, but it could have been 2-0 if not for my minotaur who had a brilliant game.

3) Despite my bad dice, I was well beaten by Drawlien. Well played old boy. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

4) You better hope you get promoted, because I'll be waiting for you with extra claw in tier 2 next season...

Sadly, it turns out I only have enough money to replace one player and so I'll be a man down: thankfully my next opponent also has a hole in his roster although I'm not sure if that's because he can't afford to fill it up or if he hasn't gotten round to filling it up yet.

Groovy got ratted in our opener in div 2. Groovy's opening drive went largely to plan - the rats generally just happy staying alive. Numerous attempts at fouling off the +AG gutter failed and after failing a foul in turn 7 groovy ran in the score. A riot on the kickoff gave me an extra turn which proves to be ample time to score but not without its worrisome moments. The rats receive in the second half and try to creep up the pitch but a coouple of early removals from the field meant the cage was under heavy pressure. The cage managed to break out and reform in the other half on the opposite side of the pitch but unable to get one corner on groovy took the 1d blitz on the carrier and popped the ball loose at the second attempt. With the ball in four tackle zones it looked pretty grim but the humans reckoned without Neeyk, the +AG gutter. Clearly annoyed at being stamped on he watched his teammate 1d push a human over the ball to scatter it by his feet. With two humans still standing over it his linerat buddy pushed off another marker before Neeyk swung into action. Dodging into a TZ he picked up the ball before making 2 dodges into 2 TZs, 2 into 1 TZ and a straightforward dodge to scoot clear of the ruck. Not to be outdone Deelk, his less agile brethren repeated the feat to give hime some protection. Groovy was still able to Neeyk down and double mark Deelk but his bath in baby oil before hand clearly paid off as he slipped through the grasping hands to pick up the ball and run it in. Groovy still had time to equalise but his awesome thrower showed some less than awesome ball handling skills and dropped the pickup allowing me to exert a bit of pressure. The thrower picked it up at the second time of asking and passed it off but he was in range of a dodgy linerat who floored the catcher. The ball ended in the linerats hands and he was given some screening protection but he still had to eat a blitz, staying on his feet and eventually dodging in the third score.

Three skillups from the game so I finally have a pass blocker. Now to figure out how he works!

I know this isnt the place to post this but i just figured drawlien and admins would all see right away so, im basically away until after boxing day in division C, i was going to see if we could do it tomorrow(friday) but it wouldnt be till a bit later my time and that would be way too late your time, so i dont know when week 2 ends but we may need an extension.

Not my fault its all Joose's fault!

Activated Node
    Me and Lowkey played earlier today and ended 3-0 in my favor. Nuffle showed disdain for Lowkey and was relentless. Can we get it verified? Division F please and thank you

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenohero View Post
    Me and Lowkey played earlier today and ended 3-0 in my favor. Nuffle showed disdain for Lowkey and was relentless. Can we get it verified? Division F please and thank you
    Nice work.

And on that note, I'm leaving for Christmas on Friday evening, so if Division F can be rolled and if (and I know it's a big if) my next opponent can play during the afternoon or very early evening that would be useful. I think I'm going to be able to play while I'm away, but matches will probably be harder to arrange.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyjojojuniorshabadoo View Post
    I know this isnt the place to post this but i just figured drawlien and admins would all see right away so, im basically away until after boxing day in division C, i was going to see if we could do it tomorrow(friday) but it wouldnt be till a bit later my time and that would be way too late your time, so i dont know when week 2 ends but we may need an extension.

Not my fault its all Joose's fault!
    c has been rolled on...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Greetings. One, one player with Guard. Two, two players with Guard. Three, three players with Guard. Four, four players with Guard. Five, five players with Guard *Crack of thunder* ah ha ha ha haaaa. I love to count players with Guard.

Also in deference of playing man Skinks next game I've added a further Tackle player to my roster.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 21-12-2012 at 09:25 AM.