Page 7 of 321 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    interesting - does the cyanide game get it wrong or am I confused?
    I went and checked my Open Chaos team, who recently bought their 4th TRR. 60k*4 = 240 TV which is how much was added to their TV. I think you might be confusing it with something else, chum.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    bump for the new page - and also, thanks Screwie for the information. It was one of those things I was so sure about that I'd never checked it. Live and learn, eh.

This is a message to Edgar the Peaceful:

You need to apply to the groups HERE
    so that you can arrange your match with 20phoenix.

Also, in case you're not reading your PMs, I would strongly suggest re-jigging your team (you should be able to fire players and hire new ones until your first match) so you have a couple of re-rolls - I sent you a link to bbtactics with some suggested starting rosters. Be aware that the rerolls cost twice as much if you buy them later than they do if you buy them at the beginning.
    If you're sure you want to start with a 940 TV team and no re-rolls, consider spending 50K on an apothecary - high elves are less fragile than pro elves or flower elves, but they're still only AV8 and a lot of them start without block or dodge - they're going to break.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh no. I got a double for my non-murdervermin, should i give him claw? He already has block dodge and mv 8.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Tricky. He starts with block so you're two skills in, neither of them particularly murderous. How about side step? Goes well with dodge, then you can give him tackle and make him an excellent marker.
    On the other hand, you could still have claw and MB and tackle and have two murderers, one of which can evade a marker and go nine squares before he kills you. Take you a long time to get that fifth skill, but claw and MB will get you there quicker.

Div E
    Blackest of Black Blacks 2 - 2 Tzeentchian Spirit

Tight one this. I nearly got the win, even with some annoying dice. As it was, Helio managed to get the draw on the final turn, with the help of a sweltering heat which took out my blackle wight and one of my guard mummies and a 2nd (!) riot which gave the filthy elves an extra turn. But an enjoyable game nonetheless. Thanks Helio!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacamas View Post
    Div E
    Blackest of Black Blacks 2 - 2 Tzeentchian Spirit

Tight one this. I nearly got the win, even with some annoying dice. As it was, Helio managed to get the draw on the final turn, with the help of a sweltering heat which took out my blackle wight and one of my guard mummies and a 2nd (!) riot which gave the filthy elves an extra turn. But an enjoyable game nonetheless. Thanks Helio!
    You would have truly deserved then win were it not for your defiance of Tzneetch's(aka nuffle) will that elves should be fouled relentlessly.

My first ever lineman level up was a double so I got guard, I see him not living too long but until then he will surely be an asset.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Tricky. He starts with block so you're two skills in, neither of them particularly murderous. How about side step? Goes well with dodge, then you can give him tackle and make him an excellent marker.
    On the other hand, you could still have claw and MB and tackle and have two murderers, one of which can evade a marker and go nine squares before he kills you. Take you a long time to get that fifth skill, but claw and MB will get you there quicker.
    I'd go for stand firm over sidestep to save the TV as they're pretty close in utility (I like SS marginally better, but not enough to pay extra for it).
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Lesser Hivemind Node
    But doubles on Skaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    But doubles on Skaven.
    Jump up perhaps?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    But doubles on Skaven.
    If he has Dodge already, Two Heads?

Oh no. I got a double for my non-murdervermin, should i give him claw? He already has block dodge and mv 8.
    Depends what your overall plan for him is and what your team is missing. If you want another killer take the claw. If you want him as a mobile guard don't rule out two heads. If you want him as a marker take diving tackle with stand firm next

Div I - Slay City Slayers vs. Necrosity - (0-3)
    The battle of the deaders turned out to be fairly one-sided. Excellent use of positionals by Necrosity thoughout the match - even after both flesh golems were taken out during the first drive. Poor placement freed the werewolves to frenzy-knock Slayers off the pitch, multiple times. A blitz followed by a failed block was the final nail in the Slay City Slayer's coffin. Though they suffered no casualties during the match, it is rumoured that the Slayers coach may inflict some as 'motivation'.

Good game Axler - Happy Holidays to all!

Last edited by Machination; 24-12-2012 at 04:55 AM. Reason: For great justice

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Horns? Might combo well with the move.

Network Hub
    Division I is ready to be validated/moved onto week 2 then I believe.

I won't be able to get my match against AgP in DivD before the deadline. Earliest we can manage is the 28th. We are both happy (I think) to get an admin draw if you cannot wait for us.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I went with the boring choice of claw. Although it was between claw, and two heads in the end.

S'cald (Norse) 1-1 Fly Soup (Nurgle)

MadDave and myself finally managed to play our match this afternoon (Div G).

It was always going to be murder for me as he has a 700 TV advantage, a heavy bashy team and lots of highly skilled players and my team has 3 previous games and almost universal AV 7.

The first 5 turns saw 4 of my players injured and a touch down for my AG 4 runner. Unfortunately I didn't stall for a couple of turns which meant that I was forced to use my Wizard to stop a turn 8 touch down.

The second half saw yet more casualties (I was down to 7 players by the end of the match) and a touchdown for MadDave and his unbreachable cage. After that I simple killed time and by the 16th turn the ball was in the possession of my only player still standing who was deep, but not deep enough, within the Nurgle half with a clear run to the endzone.

1-1 at the final whistle and while half my team was in the injury box it was mostly negligable aside from my dead rookie lineman. In return I managed to break a Pestigors ankle so its wasn't all one way.

My Halfling chef was worth his weight in gold, robbing MadDave of nearly all his re-rolls while giving me more than I could use and my merc linemen did sterling service getting beaten up on the line of scrimmage (unfortunately one of them got MVP). I have also discovered the hard way that Mighty Blow and AV 7 is a nasty combination.

Cheers MadDave.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Big ol 1-0 to me against Gorm which is not representative of a game which could of gone either way until the very last turn, really good fun all together and I am really enjoying the versatility of Underworld, ag4 gobbo got a level so I think big hand for him.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    ag4 gobbo got a level so I think big hand for him.
    *wild applause from the crowd*
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I grumped, whinged, complained and whined my way to a desmond with Jolima. Sorry to be a grinch, Jolima, and very well played.