Page 13 of 355 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Kick is quite a good fit on the Wrackle lino who you generally want off the LoS but it takes a while to get that combo and you'll normally have a guard or even a +stat lino taking that final spot on the field by then.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Kick is quite a good fit on the Wrackle lino who you generally want off the LoS but it takes a while to get that combo and you'll normally have a guard or even a +stat lino taking that final spot on the field by then.
    The biggest problem I've found with moving to a 4 Catcher Human team is that I have no space for a kicker on my team anymore. I'm contemplating giving it to one of my unlevelled Catchers (and delaying by one level creating a new Wrestle, Dauntless safety).

Week 2 game in group h has been played

Played Leftfield in Div H for the final match of round 2.

Left's Pro Elves vs my Chaos Dwarves.

Left elects to kick off first. The kick is bad, allowing me to put it in the hands of a centaur and cage up on the line. My mino strikes hard and BH's a lineman on a bothdown to end the first turn.

Left spends his turns trying to get all of his players out of immediate danger while trying to limit my progress. By turn four I've managed to get into scoring position with the help of my centaur.

Enter the wizard.

A fireball blasts apart my cage, hitting 4/4, taking down the ballcarrier, the right side of my cage, and BH'ing my only sure hands player on the team.

This does not look good.

Left takes advantage of this and throws catchers downfield, runs in, scoops the ball, and launches it towards a waiting catcher, who flubs the catch.

Unfortunately, there is no way I can catch up and its easy for Left to walk in the TD.

1-0 Left's Pro-Elves.

Turn 6.

He kicks off right on my side of the LoS. Blitz. He throws both blitzers there with a half cage and grabs the ball.

Again, nothing I can do here as he throws an easy pass in for a 1 turn TD.

2-0 Left's Pro-Elves.

Halftime

I kickoff to left this time, and for some reason, forget I have to cover the sidelines. He pours elves through the gaps and easily gets a two turn TD.

3-0 Left's Pro-Elves.

Towards the final turns of the game I manage to get something going and grab the ball out of a scrum and hand it off to a waiting centaur who is able to bash his way through the defenders and make a lucky dodge.

Final: 3-1 Left's Pro-Elves.

GG

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    Well it finally happened. My Pro-elf team, the mighty Masquerade Ballers have been killed! PD's Necro's now have two new players and I have lost my star blitzer (AG5, blodge, tackle, DT). I had decided that when I lost one of my blitzers (Along with my kicker, the only original team members) it would be time to hang up the teams pointy toed boots. I'm now polishing the pointy toed boots of a brand new Delf team to start the New Year with. Still AG4 but with a bit more punch and a little more armour. Now I just need to figure out how the hell I change the spreadsheet.

As for the match, PD won 2-1, killed three of my players (one apothed to BH) and generally tore me a new one. OUCH!

Edit: I've made changes to the spreadsheet for my new team which I think should be ok. I put in the new name and the race in {}.
    I'm down to 4 founding members, I think I might follow your example and retire the team when they all finally snuff it. Although I'm thinking of making it harder for myself by firing one of them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    How many games is that now for the Army Mans? It's got to be a fair few: my Chaosmans are over 30 matches into their career, and the Altdorf Army was around while I was still playing the RPS-themed Dark Elves featuring the heroic Alec Meer and the treacherous liability Iron Quinns.

Network Hub
    What exactly do I do to the spreadsheet to reboot with a new team next season?

Network Hub
    Division H

Lefty Pro Elves 2 - 2 HElf Elesium

This match can only be summed up by the word 'Useless'. That is for every single player on that pitch, the amount of fumbled pick ups/catchs/throws was beyond belief. Though maybe I should have edged it, my thrower dropping the ball at this feet three times just showed his heart wasn't in it. The end of the game really showed it, last turn, a simple 2+ pass to get skill, fumbled with the pass re-roll.

This team is dead now, time to go to the dark side, Dwarves it is.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    How many games is that now for the Army Mans? It's got to be a fair few: my Chaosmans are over 30 matches into their career, and the Altdorf Army was around while I was still playing the RPS-themed Dark Elves featuring the heroic Alec Meer and the treacherous liability Iron Quinns.
    Arnuld Screamer, my recently deceased player, was playing his 54th match. He'd taken a few Miss Next Games so I must be around 18 or 19 seasons with the Army.

This is the first time I've ever developed a team past a dozen or so matches. Bugger me but Humans a painfully bloated at high TV value. Blizters should be 80 and Catchers 60. That or every other teams positionals should be 10 more expensive.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 07-01-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Agree with you on the Catchers always thought they were overpriced. Now if they were AG4 or MA9 on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Elesium View Post
    Division H

Lefty Pro Elves 2 - 2 HElf Elesium

This match can only be summed up by the word 'Useless'. That is for every single player on that pitch, the amount of fumbled pick ups/catchs/throws was beyond belief. Though maybe I should have edged it, my thrower dropping the ball at this feet three times just showed his heart wasn't in it. The end of the game really showed it, last turn, a simple 2+ pass to get skill, fumbled with the pass re-roll.

This team is dead now, time to go to the dark side, Dwarves it is.
    What does it tell you when both your fancy elf teams trounced my dwarves?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Axler View Post
    Agree with you on the Catchers always thought they were overpriced. Now if they were AG4 or MA9 on the other hand...
    If Human Catchers were AG4 then Skaven coaches would pack up and go home in disgust as all they would have is fuck all and some mutation gimmick players compared to Humans. MA9 just isn't fluffy for me. AV8 at same price or a price reduction by 10 is, I think, the best for them.

The Orc and High Elf rosters really do ram home how overpriced Human Blitzers and Catchers are. Orc Blitzers at 80k is just nutzo.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Not every player can be compared like for like.

I'd like to take a few zombies in my elf team for their extreme stamina/value, or a beast of nurgle for the los. But that's not in the team.

You need to look at the team as a whole.

I have would sooner take a pro elf catcher than a ghoul for 30 cash less, and I think a lot of players would like a flesh golem to pad out their skaven teams.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I'll take amazons with a couple of high elf throwers and some chaos warriors for muscle, please.

Network Hub
    So basically use the Dungeonbowl teams?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Not every player can be compared like for like.

I'd like to take a few zombies in my elf team for their extreme stamina/value, or a beast of nurgle for the los. But that's not in the team.

You need to look at the team as a whole.

I have would sooner take a pro elf catcher than a ghoul for 30 cash less, and I think a lot of players would like a flesh golem to pad out their skaven teams.
    The High Elf roster holistically poops on the Human roster. They are right next to each other in the rule book are the comparison is just silly. Oh noes, I have to pay 20k more for my Lineman. Who get an AG boost and regular Agility access. They at least have the good grace to only get 2 players with Block and no regular Strength access. So there's a good argument to be made that long term High Elf will bloat up in comparison to Humans as they try and add a S component to their game.

Orc Blitzers though are just an insult - they are an insult holistically and individually and not just to Human teams but to all the other rosters. They would make sense at 80K if they could only have 2 of them. Because Orc linemen are kind of crap to develop so they would need the TV break. But they can take 4 and that's just nuts. After the 4 Black orcs, 4 Blitzers, the Two Throwers and the Troll the Orcs don't have any frikin' linemen on their team so they get to jettison the weak link. A mere 9 players with S access puts them at a disadvantage to sweet F and A.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 07-01-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    A mere 9 players with S access puts them at a disadvantage to sweet F and A.
    How many MA8 units do orcs have again? But yeah, at times it feels like orcs need their own tier. Just compare yourself to Halflings or Goblins and you'll feel fine!
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Orc linemen are awesome. I would take 3 of em on defence.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    But anyway - 10k or 20k of initial cost is nothing at high TV. Increasing orc blitzers to 90k would add 40k to the TV of a developed orc team. Hardly any change. What it would do is impact on starting rosters and low TV tournaments and leagues.

You are conflating two issues - underpriced positionals and high TV performance.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    You are conflating two issues - underpriced positionals and high TV performance.
    I wonder if the creators of our beautiful game would ever had credited the idea of people having these kinds of detailed discussions almost 30 years later...