Page 17 of 357 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Yes, sorry I didn't reply sooner Mr Weasel and Mr Pants (required a PM kick), but we agreed in PM chat that a draw sounded fairer as Jarvis had made an effort, but the viruses won (hope you are feeling better Jarvis!).
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Machination View Post
    So was setting up the final match for Div I (the loser's division :) ) found this: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...rver-migration

So the servers are down for a couple days, including our proposed weekend time. Unfortunately, I am EST and Recoil, my esteemed opponent, is GMT. We we planning for Sunday as it works best for both of us, but the server wont be available.

The question is, will the rollover for Week 3 be extended because of downtime? If so, will it include next weekend? I ask because then we can play the following Sunday (20th), which is ideal, but if not, we will need to figure out a later time during a weekday before next weekend.

Not a huge deal either way, just need to know so we can figure out. Thanks, DoD overlords! :)
    Myself and smaug in Div B are in a similar position, with him in America and me in Israel. To be honest, we weren't really sure we could even make a time this weekend, but we can potentially make next Sunday evening (20th).

If the admins want to extend the divisions' deadline because of the server outage, then we can play then. However, neither of us want to be holding up everyone on our account, so we're happy to accept a default.
    Last edited by Dentharial; 10-01-2013 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Because 'extending up' is not a thing.
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

I think we probably ought to, I haven't played my final game either :-)

Given that we got through Xmas without too many delays and we were due to wrap up this season on Monday, I see no problem moving the formal end of the season out until Weds/Thurs, and making special exceptions if anyone needs a couple more days then (sunday would be... ok, we'd probably do the next season draw that evening). The servers are down from now until monday, so a few extra days tacked on the end of the season seems reasonable.
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 10-01-2013 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJoose View Post
    Oh, hurrah! I came on specifically to ask about this very thing. My Dwarves are returning!
    This doesnt apply to dwarves

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    This doesnt apply to dwarves
    Hahaha!

It's funny because I wish it was true!

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    I think we probably ought to, I haven't played my final game either :-)

Given that we got through Xmas without too many delays and we were due to wrap up this season on Monday, I see no problem moving the formal end of the season out until Weds/Thurs, and making special exceptions if anyone needs a couple more days then (sunday would be... ok, we'd probably do the next season draw that evening). The servers are down from now until monday, so a few extra days tacked on the end of the season seems reasonable.
    I'm going to need until the weekend to do my match. The alternative would be me alarm-clocking in the middle of the night so my opponent could play before work in the morning.

I would rather play than not play, but if we're the last holdouts for the season moving forward I won't be too upset with a draw (or a win to my opponent as I am 0-2 any way)

Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    (or a win to my opponent as I am 0-2 any way)
    loser.....

I am away on holiday from a week tomorrow for a week so depending on when the draw is made I will be slow signing up, do I need to do anything special or sit out next season?

I believe the draw won't be until next Sunday, so if you're back a week from tomorrow you'll still have plenty of time to sign up. Or you can pass your login details to PW or one of the other signer-uppers and they can get your team in.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Lesser Hivemind Node
    FYI: Server update is up for beta-testing. May help with scheduling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Can we really finish the season so soon? Some divisions are still in week 1...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    dying for a bit of DoD

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Can we really finish the season so soon? Some divisions are still in week 1...
    No Divisions are still in week 1. One match remains from week 2, Dog Pants vs Jarvis, and we already know the result (0-0 admin draw), we just cannot admin it right now because the servers aren't properly up. (Also one other Division has had their weeks out of order because I did it in a hurry, and the UI is a pile of arse - what sort of benighted League system won't update with your changes unless you log back out and in again?).

In other words, apart from 3 Divisions that have already completed all their games, every Division is on week 3 or will be as soon as we get the servers back.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Oh ok, the spreadsheet (which I can't view from this work machine) had a few divisions with just 1 game played I thought. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm also very keen to play - haven't had a game in 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    I believe the draw won't be until next Sunday, so if you're back a week from tomorrow you'll still have plenty of time to sign up. Or you can pass your login details to PW or one of the other signer-uppers and they can get your team in.

I am away 20th to 27th so will need to pass it on i think,

Cheers

We'd always prefer you to entrust your login detail (via PM) to one of our trustworthy admins here to apply on your behalf if you know you're going to be away during application time, as long as you feel comfortable doing so, of course.

As others have said, thanks to our enforced downtime over this weekend, we're extending the season out slightly. Originally I was hoping to wrap most games up before the weekend (and let's still try, eh, peoples?) but it looks like a few games might be at the weekend. I'm going to set in stone a 'live draw' for 9pm this Sunday night, so any games not completed by then will need to be adminned ahead of the draw. Let me know if this seems unreasonable, but I want to get us going again as some people are getting withdrawal symptoms. (Incidentally, this is one reason I tend to move all our divisions on together during a non-xmas season, to stop one 'quick' group pushing all the others along too much. I'm looking at you, division 1 ;-D).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I'll be away 18-28 January, so I'll probably need someone to apply my Gentlebeasts to whatever division they get assigned.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Happy to take login details and apply with people's teams, just send me a pm. There's considerable anecdotal evidence that I can probably be trusted.

Network Hub
    Hum.

Mine and Smaug's game should be starting around 6pm GMT on that Sunday. As said, we're both ok with accepting a default, since I don't really want to push right up against the limit.

As far as I see from the table, the only thing it can affect is who gets relegated. If I win, then Smaug gets relegated, any other result ends with me being relegated.
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    <This doesnt apply to dwarves>

It's funny because I wish it was true!
    I second that statement. In a slightly detached way as I shall not be suffering from it... At least not until I return ;)