Page 37 of 360 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Ah my bad, somehow I thought Brain had the high elves.

Yeah you might as well take all the catchers on Pro/Wood Elf teams, since your linemen have the same AV you're losing very little and gaining a lot by having them. Dark Elf teams don't have that luxury, I've found my team getting periously close to a majority of AV 7 before and it really impacts them.

Also, yes! Orcs have the best star players.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    To solve the AV7 problem on Dark Elves I would strongly suggest never taking assassins because they are rubbish. Stupid flavour text "ooh they're so dark" skill set, made to make them look like assassins rather than behave like useful players. Bah humbug.

I was firmly in the no-Assassins camp too, but lately I have been having too much fun with them. Yes they're pants and could do with a stat bump to become truly worthwhile players, but they are a marvellous distraction because people still fear the random Stab rolls. (I'll fire them when they die.)

There's also the issue of -AV injuries though, which are probably meaner for AV 8 players than anybody else (totally not checked the maths on that, but I know there's an enormous difference in getting hit with Mighty Blow between AV8 and AV7). I have an AV7 lineman right now who's too useful to get rid of. (I'll fire him when he dies.)
    Last edited by Screwie; 11-02-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Assassins are great replacement linemen when you are at 2300TV, they can stab blodgers better than a blocker can 1Die bash them. Not a terrible thing. And as a bonus if you are facing some ST7 monstrosity? Assassins can still "do" that.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I just have so much trouble keeping my players alive that I think I'd have an assassin around for about 30 seconds. I am very risk-averse, hardly ever commit to contact unless I have to, but still lose an AV8 rookie elf linemen about third match or so.

Without block or dodge and AV7 he's such a target, and your opponent would be quite right to go for him.

The pro-elves are even worse, although I had quite a good result against CPD last night and have two of them with dodge now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Dead elfs are no bad thing. The blood of your linemen is the payment Nuffle demands for your team being so awesome.

Can div H be moved on to day 3? TY

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Dead elfs are no bad thing. The blood of your linemen is the payment Nuffle demands for your team being so awesome.
    My pro-elves started with loads of linemen and 4 rerolls, and faced norse first game and 1500 TV chaos dwarves in day 2. Bit of a baptism of fire. The team is starting to shape up though. Not sure I would pick the same build again, particularly in such a bashy division.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So, you know, Grayland died. But two of my other Catchers levelled from the game. The first one already had AG4 and Diving Tackle and now he has Wrestle. The unlevelled one rolled an 11. So I've got two catchers with AG 4 again. and my TV has dropped by a net 190, don't feel so bad now.

Network Hub
    Could Div H be validated and moved on to Day 3 please? Helio and I were planning on playing our game this evening, and I have skill ups I'm anxious to get to :p

Div A is ready to be validated too, if no one's done that yet ;)
    Last edited by Screwie; 12-02-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Web Cole View Post
    Could Div H be validated and moved on to Day 3 please? Helio and I were planning on playing our game this evening, and I have skill ups I'm anxious to get to :p
    Done and rolled.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan View Post
    Excellent haul of SPPs though - a bruising first game against Axler's dwarfs left me with only the MVP points (on the Yeti, at least), but this game levelled the Yeti, a Werewolf, and a lineman.
    Even better - the Yeti rolled a double. I went for Block over +AV (surely right?). He'll surely die next match.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan View Post
    Even better - the Yeti rolled a double. I went for Block over +AV (surely right?). He'll surely die next match.
    I had a wrestle skele lineman double so I gave him dodge - keep him standing and alive longer, right? First game - chaos dwarves with 8/11 people with tackle. Died before he could use dodge.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Division G: Your Mother's Nightmares (Amazon) Vs Cute Harmless Hippies (Chaos)

The Nightmares suffered a surprisingly close defeat against Jarvis'ses'es''es chaos Hippies

With under half his team value I was granted a veritable pile of inducement cash, which I pretty much squandered, being unaware thanks to a bug that apothecaries could be stacked, and being dim enough to think I could get by with lots of fouls and rerolls, rather than taking Morg. Fortunately I did splash out on Zara the Slayer, who very much lived up to her star player rep throughout the whole game.

Jarvis received and caged early in the centre, but Alexa Breaker of Hearts and Legs and Ella 'the Gouger' Book broke in and caused some problems. Beastman ball carrier Rose (I think?) handed off to a chaos warrior, who sprinted down my right flank where another beastman was waiting, but fluffed the pass, and Mel 'the Bell' Turis was able to nip in and pick up the ball, thanks to a few dodges.

Jarvis' chaos brutes butcher my line, and there's little I can do but run around my own half hoping for a crack to appear before I'm shut down. Blitzer Ella takes a -1 to MA, which is buzzed to badly hurt. Jarvis closes down my ball carrier, but throer Andra the sly picks up and dodges away from the melee in my half, and throws up the flank to a waiting Zara, who's dodged her own way free of the dissipating scrum at the centre line. The chaos men don't quite have enough numbers nearby to knock her and her support over, and she blitzes to knock over a beastman, then dodges her way past the lumbering warriors. By the time she's within range of a touchdown she's the only woman still standing on the pitch, so makes the best of it in turn 7. 1 - 0 to the Nightmares!

The clock is turned back at the kick-off, but to little effect - Jarvis continues to kick the hell out of my girls, who try a sneaky counter-attack on an unsupported and low-armoured beastman Rose, but get nowhere.

The second half sees the amazons receiving and the ball is kicked out of play. The Nightmares hedge their bets and sent Zara down the relatively weak right flank while their surviving blitzers push to the left with some liners to support. Once they finally succeed in knocking over a pair of warriors on the line, the thrower moves up to exploit what may be the only gap she'll get. But alas, chaos warrior Pixie is able to attack the cage from behind, and the best shot the girls have at pushing through is missed thanks to a beastman with foul appearance. Bastard.

Depending on which of the Nightmares you ask, the remainder of the second half was either "Dodge! Dodge! Dodge! Dodge! Dodge!" "NOT THE FACE OH GOD THE PAIN". By the time Jarvis equalised in turn 13, there were only six left to hold off a full complement of chaos warriors and skillo beastmen. They put up a goodly fight, with most of the team taking a constant kicking, and Nille Bonecruncher in particular absolutely refusing to hit the floor even after several triple dice blocks, and Zara too putting in a good show despite being useless on the attack and repeatedly failing both GFIs and Loner rerolls, but alas, they just didn't have the strength, or the numbers after half a dozen Badly Hurt results, and their coach kept forgetting about Loner. Bah.

The winner came in turn 15, right after Zara fell on her face again and Nille succumbed to the horde. It was a fun game, I was happy to hold on for so long, and it's a small miracle that not a single one of the many, many injuries were serious.

2 - 1 to the Cute Harmless Hippies! Several gallons of morphine to Your Mother's Nightmares! Hurrah!
    Last edited by sinister agent; 11-02-2013 at 09:43 PM.

FU-@#&% ROUTERS!

Turn 8, winning 2 nil, burned up my opponent apo, broke a neck of another opponent... "There is a problem with your connection"

I'll get you next time Web Cole!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    2 - 1 to the Cute Harmless Hippies! Several gallons of morphine to Your Mother's Nightmares! Hurrah!
    I should also mention that during the drive that saw the six amazons facing down my full side nuffle saw fit to grant me a blitz, I proceeded to mark up two of the amazons not on the line and generally hustle towards the ball, visions of actually getting a 3-1 score line dancing in my head but alas it was a mere 2-1 even with the good block dice I had during the match.

My day 3 opponent may be pleased to hear I managed to aquire 4 level-ups during this match, something that's not happened for awhile and will be quite awhile longer in happening again.

Hey,

Just registering an interest in joining you folks next season, have been not playing bloodbowl for far too long and the TGS tournament that recently got started has got me right in the mood for it. I'll probably be playing an Elven team, (yes I'm a filthy Elf don't bully me overnumerous Dwafs) just haven't decided which flavour yet. A quick question, I already have Legendary Edition; is it worth me getting Chaos if I don't see myself playing any of the new races? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKenwyne View Post
    Hey,

Just registering an interest in joining you folks next season, have been not playing bloodbowl for far too long and the TGS tournament that recently got started has got me right in the mood for it. I'll probably be playing an Elven team, (yes I'm a filthy Elf don't bully me overnumerous Dwafs) just haven't decided which flavour yet. A quick question, I already have Legendary Edition; is it worth me getting Chaos if I don't see myself playing any of the new races? Thanks.
    If you're not interested in Chaos Dwarfs or Underworld, the only other reason to buy would be the star player Bomber Dribblesnot (who can appear in Orc, Goblin or Ogre teams). Otherwise Legendary Edition is completely compatible with Chaos Edition, so no worries.

Welcome aboard!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Worth noting that Legendary now registers on Steam (if you didn't buy it there in the first place), and doing that gets you Chaos Edition for 2/3 off.