Page 39 of 345 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Hey Sandman, welcome to the Divs.

Division 2: Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me) vs. Primordial Stew (Nurgle, Jolima)

Jolima's wizard killed my Ag4 ghoul. A game happened either side of that, but nothing of importance occurred.

Dammit.
    Nothing of importance unless you count you going 3 for 3, utterly crushing the division, and cruising to promotion you mean. You could have lost the game and still being promoted; winning every game and beating the division 6 touchdowns to 2 is just rubbing it in.

The Red Skull Reavers will stay in Tier 1 (which is probably where they, and I, belong) and Jolima and Drawlien will take their slightly too new teams back to Tier 2 to develop and plot their inevitable return to the Champs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Div. E can be rolled on to day three and if someone can validate the match between me and Dentharial I'll be mighty pleased.

Done (de do do do 10 chars)

Human mans are the team I have played the most though; and I am off posh elves after two teams I played in Nagaroth got reduced to 9 permanent players with some at least one niggler. Plus Human mans are pretty versatile so I can deal with elvsies and dorfs and whatever else unpleasantness I am matched up with - thanks for the advice but I think I can human mans more successfully at this time. Plus I have some badass pope names I want to implement - lemme know if I need to change.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Nothing of importance unless you count you going 3 for 3, utterly crushing the division, and cruising to promotion you mean. You could have lost the game and still being promoted; winning every game and beating the division 6 touchdowns to 2 is just rubbing it in.
    Been a good season, but guessing at the makeup of the champs it's going to be a never-ending tidal wave of bash. The Ag4 ghoul was the only trick I had up my sleeve, without poor Ankle Biter I've got a very poor passing game and no wrestle anywhere. Add the rookie wight in and I've a sneaking suspicion next season will be Claw's last, they don't have the agility to escape or the strength to fight back. Still, not going to go down without a fight, Claw are 7 for 7 at the moment (14 TDs scored to 4 conceded over those games, with 11 wins out of the last 14 matches and only 1 loss): that's as good a record as you could hope for on a tombstone.
    Last edited by NieA7; 14-02-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Validated results in divisions 1 and D, and rolled both to day 3.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    Now I need a win against Mad Dave's terrifying Nurgle mans to get promotion.
    They're not terrifying so much as really friendly and a little bit stinky. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Week 2's nearly up (finishes tomorrow)! Get playing if you haven't already! I'll be defaulting games sunday night if I don't hear from you/see a game being attempted in the groups. Season is due to end 26/02, welcome to all the new guys I've seen posting in here last couple of days, make sure you're on the sheet, around near the 26th for the divisions draw and to get your applications in in-game once selected!
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Division A, and now Division 2 as well, have finished their entire seasons and some of you haven't even managed to finish week 2 yet. It's shameful, that's what it is. Shameful.
    Get your games arranged, you bums.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Division A, and now Division 2 as well, have finished their entire seasons and some of you haven't even managed to finish week 2 yet. It's shameful, that's what it is. Shameful.
    Get your games arranged, you bums.
    You know, much as I have in the past complained about Pweasel not being a real president, with stuff like this... you've got my vote, you magnificent mustelid.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It isn't arranging games that is the problem Pres, it is getting the buggers to actually turn up. I've managed just 5 games in the last 3 months and one of those was wiped out by a premature admin result.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDave123 View Post
    They're not terrifying so much as really friendly and a little bit stinky. :)
    Nurgle are kryptonite to my team and play style. I hate the slimey mans so much.

Just a note: Grinn and I are scheduled to play our Champs match Sun morning.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Genuinely, I don't see the need for waiting for people, or for extensions. If people don't want to play that's fine, admin the games and make them sit out next season. The gameweeks are long enough.

There is the occasional special case, people with busy schedules, people with incompatible timezones who can only play on weekends. Sometimes there's a good reason to give a day or two's grace to get the game in, especially if it can have an effect on promotions/demotions.
    People who treat the approach of the deadline as a signal to "oh, I'd better get round to trying to arrange my game" though, those people need to get their acts together.

On the subject of being slow to arrange stuff, I've got a pile of work this week, and as such I've penciled in my week 3 match vs. mrpier for Thursday evening.

Hey, at least it's week 3 and I'm not going to hold up anyone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Genuinely, I don't see the need for waiting for people, or for extensions. If people don't want to play that's fine, admin the games and make them sit out next season. The gameweeks are long enough.
    You are a glowing ray of sunshine.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Delusibeta View Post
    On the subject of being slow to arrange stuff, I've got a pile of work this week, and as such I've penciled in my week 3 match vs. mrpier for Thursday evening.

Hey, at least it's week 3 and I'm not going to hold up anyone.
    Yes. It is perfectly fine for you to play your week three match in week 3. No one will shout at you or throw things.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    admin the games and make them sit out next season
    While I appreciate the need for keeping things moving, don't you think that punishing people for not getting their games in on time will just drive them away? It just seems like a fast track to making the league smaller.

Don't you wave your arms at me!
    The "weeks" are already longer than a week, to allow people more chances to get their games in. Do we lose more people by being strict about it, or do we lose more people by allowing each season to last an additional week because a minority of people can't get their shit together, while the rest of the players get bored and pissed off? And do we even want to keep people who can't grasp the concept of getting their games organised and played? And I'm not talking about the people with new babies or busy times at work or other reasonable excuses, as I've noticed they also tend to be the people who still make an effort to get their games in, or to explain and apologise ahead of time.

So, for people who repeatedly only wake up around deadline day, try to get their game organised at short notice, and then ask for an extension, what should we do? I don't think kicking them out is the answer, but I do think saying no to the extension is.

If you're in a league that has matches every ten days how can it be a surprise to you that there is a match every ten days?