Page 40 of 366 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
    Of course, you can't delay everyone forever. You pipped me to the post on where I was going with this though - do we like a league that moves along at a reasonable pace but that some people leave because they don't like being pressured to get their games in, or one that trundles along at a leisurely pace but that people leave because they get bored of waiting? I'm inclined to agree to default to no extensions though, legitimate excuses notwithstanding, it was making people forfeit a season that seemed like a suggestion too far to me. For what it's worth.

Incidentally, I played all my matches as of a week ago :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I have a suggestion, it's slightly off kilter and would need policing.

What if tardy people got bundled together in a "to pace" division(s) . Which might take 2 season to play out 1 season.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Just played the final game of Div H against Palindrome. Despite his anticipation of another beating it was his team that dished out the hurt. I killed one loner lineman with a fireball and that was about it. I however only had 5 players left on the pitch by half time. The game ended 2-0 to Palindrome.

I've never had such a run of bad injuries as I have with this Delf team. They make my AV7 Elf team look like Orcs! So that is 3 games played and 0 TDs. I finally got a level up after my runner got MVP and a completion but I also took -AG to the lineman that had the first MVP so I'm giving this team up as cursed. I'll be rebooting next season to a Necromantic team to see if I can fare any better with them. Onwards my shambling minions, Onwards!

edit: Have changed my team name on the spreadsheet but haven't messed around with the 'next season' column since it's not on display yet.
    Last edited by The Brain; 16-02-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Nuffle was not kind, His Delfs were dodging like zombies and he managed to get a double skull re-rolled to a double skull.

After 3 seasons I have finally managed to level one of my werewolves (who made almost as many SPPs in a single game as he has in his entire career) and my AG 4 runner is now level 3. They will still be withdrawing but at least I may not delete them :)

Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    Just played the final game of Div H against Palindrome. Despite his anticipation of another beating it was his team that dished out the hurt. I killed one loner lineman with a fireball and that was about it. I however only had 5 players left on the pitch by half time. The game ended 2-0 to Palindrome.

I've never had such a run of bad injuries as I have with this Delf team. They make my AV7 Elf team look like Orcs! So that is 3 games played and 0 TDs. I finally got a level up after my runner got MVP and a completion but I also took -AG to the lineman that had the first MVP so I'm giving this team up as cursed. I'll be rebooting next season to a Necromantic team to see if I can fare any better with them. Onwards my shambling minions, Onwards!

edit: Have changed my team name on the spreadsheet but haven't messed around with the 'next season' column since it's not on display yet.
    Did no one tell you? Delfs are cursed.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

I believe it now. They broke armour almost every time they were hit, failed roughly 50% of their dodges and rolled skulls like they were going out of fashion. On both of my last two games I was down to a handful of men within a few turns. I could put it down to poor positioning on my part but I never had this much of a problem with my Pro elves and they had less armour. I will admit to playing poorly once it was obvious I was going to lose as I started to take stupid risks. Basically I'm thinking it couldn't get any worse so may as well try for a risky play. Mostly that led to more skulls.

Activated Node
    Division C Agathis Avengers vs The London Silly Nannies. Tried to play our game for the second time - similar result - though this time actually cyanided before the kick-off! Could a kindly admin please reset the game (again).

I think I've followed the instructions correctly and added my details, but anyway I'd like to join in! Group membership requested, and I've added myself to the magic spreadsheet..
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Did no one tell you? Delfs are cursed.
    Their stat's lead to bad play too, all that block shuns positioning, all that ag4 encourages 1/6 fail dodges (conversely a 2 die block without block is 1/9 "fail"), the skill dodge only serves to protect vs burned rerolls, its still just as dangerous as a regular dodge if you still have the reroll.

Catch skill catchers and pass skill passers make a 2+pass & 2+catch safer than 2 GFI's (as each is ensured its own reroll) if you cant die from failing a pass, DElves start with neither, meaning more dodges, more GFI's and more desperate blocks.

Its insane because on paper they are an A grade team, decent enough toughness, block access like orcs, AG4, access to toys like stab.

Just played my Champs match against PotatoD s Clone High.

Potato chose to receive. The first block badly hurts a Black Orc. Necros hang back for a few turns while sending their doggies on the right flank. Rok 'Ard Nobz do what they can to defend but Potato's Michael Jackson wannabes pour through without much effort. They delay scoring for a few turns but pot the ball in on turn 15.

The Nobz reply with a flanking offensive... only they're not as fast or dodgy. They do get Ingvi Gobsteen, their star blitzer deep into the necro half, however. Necros try to block Ingvi, but his Norse-Black Orc genes shine through and he blitzes his way into the end zone, receiving a pass from the free thrower and equalizing at half time.

Rok Ard Nobz receive the ball and their jumpy killer ends up groin bitten by a bastard doggy in the second turn. Orc down is not a good place to be, especially when that leaves you only one tackle. Hmm. Kowc screams for Ingvi to abandon his defensive position and play Mork's run. Thrower is in a loose cage at the centre which is going nowhere. The cage moves to the left flank and gains some ground, but it is quickly moonwalked all over the show. Kowc is stomping on the sidelines calling for Da Morky Taktikz.

Ingvi dodges away from zombieboys and sprints boldly to the endzone. The flanking blitzers and black orcs clear a path for the thrower to sprint up and pass. SCOREEEE! Game is 2-1 for the Nobz with 5 turns to go.

Necros are still a man up and their advantage increases as the enraged zombiefans chuck a rock at lino Rowdi opening up the right flank. Doggy stuns a blitzer and is deep down the half, but Ingvi is waiting in the central defensive endzone to contain the rabid blodger. But ball handling fails the high Cloners and a doggy-ghoul combo is left staring at a loose ball.

Kowc is sniffing shrooms and screaming on the sidelines for the Nobz to capitalize on the necro mistake and charge up. But there's only a thrower and a black orc in range... which manage to push aside the intervening wight allowing thrower to grab the ball from under puppy eyes and dodge away... only to be shadowed by the hound. Not good.

Hound blocks thrower into the ground and the ghoul partner sweeps up the ball... only to be knocked down again. There s a bit of back and forth on the mid left flank, another skirmish on the deep right flank and another pile up of zombies, golems and black orcs in the centre. Eventually the Nobz punch through and thrower makes it into the endzone, ending the match 3-1.

Great game that seemed to be going necro way for a while and then Nuffle's glorious wind turned to blow into Rok Ard Nobz patchy sails.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by AgP View Post
    Division C Agathis Avengers vs The London Silly Nannies. Tried to play our game for the second time - similar result - though this time actually cyanided before the kick-off! Could a kindly admin please reset the game (again).
    Thank you to the kind soul who reset the match. Joey and me will try again tonight and hopefully it'll be third time lucky, so please don't default the game just yet.

Activated Node
    Hello glorious leaders. Cacamas and I haven't been able to get our game in due to schedules not coinciding all week. Next Tuesday is pencilled in if we're allowed an extension, or if not then a 0-0 admin also works.

Can we get Division J validated please? All games are done but I'm eager to level up my ulfwerener :)
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Done, Done.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    It does look like you guys at least tried to arrange it - there's a post from Dave on the 10th, which is 6 days before the deadline, and a post from Cacamas on the 14th, which is 2 before the deadline. Even Sunday is a day after the deadline though, Tuesday is a full 3. I think we're going to have to 0-0 it.

The Div H table is bugging out, webcole is the actual winner and it has him as last.

Division B - outstanding match set to 0-0, moved on to day 3.
    Division C - outstanding match set to 0-0, moved on to day 3.
    Division G - I reckon I am going to give Zoraster another auto-win, since he turned up. 2-0 Zoraster, moving on the division to day 3.

Can Zoraster's day 3 opponent please give him an actual game, so he's not all grumpy in the thread any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    The Div H table is bugging out, webcole is the actual winner and it has him as last.
    Someone appears to have buggered div H on the spreadsheet - a coach now has '--' instead of a name.

Just thought this was interesting, as it stands next season Dwarves, Humans, Lizardmen, Nurgle and Skaven are full.

Halfling and Ogre are Empty, goblins and vamps have 1 team each and every other side has 2,3 or 4 players.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Someone appears to have buggered div H on the spreadsheet - a coach now has '--' instead of a name.
    Fixed! Palindrome had changed his 'current Div' in the spreadsheet to R1 to show he is rebooting next season but it meant he vanished from Div H. I've changed it back to H. Both Palindrome and I are rebooting next season but have not changed the 'next season' column yet since it's not being displayed.