Page 60 of 365 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 7299
    i've applied for league in game, if thats what you're asking?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Karthon, did you apply to Division M within the game? - and you've just answered that question while I was typing.
    Did you go right into "view league" and apply? Sometimes it bugs out if you only apply from the league search screen. I'll have a look for your application when I get home this evening, unless another admin gets to it first.

Alistair, it's not my fault you got your team shamefully beaten up by skinks, I did what I could to help you :)

Yes i have applied for division M

should i cancel and reapply?
    Last edited by Karthon; 07-03-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graever View Post
    On the bright side with Head-Splitter the ogre dead (sob, sniffle) and two of it's remaining three high level players forced into retirement at least the brawlers will now have a TV suitable for their tier.

I think I'm going to do what nuffle has been telling me to for the last 5 seasons and reboot once this season is over.

I hear rats or lizards are fun...
    once you get a level or two in on a gutter runner, with luck, you actually attain to ability to OTTD every time you recieve the ball,
    a gutter runner naturally has MA 9, so roll high, give him +1 MA, then give him sprint, viola he is capable of running 13 squares in one turn (the length of the opponents half) so he becomes an easy OTTD tool, although, he'll get wailed on loads for it :P
    also, at this point, the rest of your team kinda gets lost in the dust with levelling, as only your GR is levelling now, due to the number of TD's
    but is still a fun (although nooby) strat to play :)

I like to have one of those when I play Skaven or Wood Elves.
    At the same time, scoring on 1st turn is a double-edged sword because it leads to a 2-1 defeat.
    For that same reason, I end up getting a mix of defensive and blitzing Runners in my teams instead.
    In the end, it is a really fun team to play.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Sprint and +MV's a waste. Actually sprint in general's not great, but with either you're only one push away from a 1TTD so taking both seems pointless. I wouldn't try it every time though, only if you're at the end of the half and need to do it. Otherwise you can relax, take your time and score in two turns. ;-)

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Sprint and +MV's a waste. Actually sprint in general's not great
    Coincidentally, this appeared today. I agree its a nice option to have when you get that +MV GR, or WE Catcher etc, and I also agree I don't think its worth it to build an all out 1-Turner, e.g. +MV, Sprint, Sure Feet etc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Yeah, GFIs are basically terrifying monsters that will kill your players, so the ability to do another one isn't that tempting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    The Fanatic would do well with Sprint, however even then he should probably take Sure Feet first. Assuming he already picked up Block.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Yeah, GFIs are basically terrifying monsters that will kill your players, so the ability to do another one isn't that tempting.
    +MV is 30spp and is risk free, sure feet is 20/30spp and helps save rerolls, sprint is 20/30spp and is only useful if you take gambles. I think sprint is TV bloat TBH.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    +MV is 30spp and is risk free, sure feet is 20/30spp and helps save rerolls, sprint is 20/30spp and is only useful if you take gambles. I think sprint is TV bloat TBH.
    Unless you have an MV9 player and fancy the 1TTD option.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Speaking as someone in possession of a +MV, sprint, wrestle, catch gutter I actually agree about sprint. I wish I'd taken sidestep as that would only require one push and he's in range. Since I have him I've decided I might as well just commit to it and the fact he has wrestle is useful as he can and will play defence as well. Unwilling to fire him without another +MV gutter though. Interesting fact - he's scored 0 one turners!

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Speaking as someone in possession of a +MV, sprint, wrestle, catch gutter I actually agree about sprint. I wish I'd taken sidestep as that would only require one push and he's in range. Since I have him I've decided I might as well just commit to it and the fact he has wrestle is useful as he can and will play defence as well. Unwilling to fire him without another +MV gutter though. Interesting fact - he's scored 0 one turners!
    Well, some of us have +MV sprint catchers with side step as well... which is nice ;). That said, that guy on my Open woodie team does just soak up all the SPP. If he dies, the team is even more screwed than it already is.

My game against mrpier in div c crashed, is it possible we can get a reset please?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Tried to play my game against leftfield010 in Div. C today, only to have a bug freeze the game at halftime. We got two kick-off events (First riot and then cheering fans) which evidently the game couldn't handle. Not sure what triggered it, but I let my kick-timer run out since I wasn't at my desk and leftfield set up a bit sooner than I anticipated, then my Halfling chef struck taking 2 rerolls from leftfield, then apparently a riot happened that I didn't see any signs of, then cheering fans happened and leftfield got one rr back.

So if a gentle admin could reset it that would be nice, not sure if we have time to replay it though. When does the first week end anyway? Doesn't say on the sheet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    There's time yet. It'll be approximately Wednesday next week since the start day was Monday.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Have a Mv9 catcher (pro elf) will likely get him sidestep next as it's 1TTD potential is alluring, but it is also a ridiculously useful skill generally.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Could someone validate my Div I match?

[insert cool name](WElf) played by dubstepmanatee vs Midnight Sparkles(Vam) played by me.

1 - 0

I don't usually complain about dice, but when I roll three ones in a row for pickup, 5 of my players in the injury box and 2 knock outs leaving me 4 people on the pitch while playing elves I think I have the right to say bugger off you asshole elves and I hope you break your necks from falling off trees.

Also 2 interceptions. Apparently the Twilight vampires are really awful at Blood Bowl.
    Last edited by Walrus; 07-03-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Validated matches which are marked on the sheet and/or asked for in the thread.

Could I remind people to make sure they promptly fill in the result on the spreadsheet when they finish their match? Makes it much easier for admins to tell the difference between legitimate results and Cyanided games.