Page 61 of 375 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 7498
    Division I Gameday 1: Smoking Popes (Hum) 0-0 Zoggers (Orc)

So we may have just had the most boring game of Blood Bowl in the history of our fine sport. There was one casualty a piece and a couple of KOs, but the ball never really left the middle 3rd of the field. I got within one move of the end zone at the end of the first half and Palindrome was just about there in turn 16, but alas solid defence meant that the dream of team's first touchdowns remains unfulfilled. Palindrome blames pouring rain, I blame some dodgy re roll usage on my part and to a lesser degree pouring rain. If an admin could validate would be fantabulous :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Could I remind people to make sure they promptly fill in the result on the spreadsheet when they finish their match? Makes it much easier for admins to tell the difference between legitimate results and Cyanided games.
    Aha. Knew I'd forgotten something.

Could an admin allow me access to the RPS DoD group?

edit: Also, i've emailed Ielandco, so should be able to get match sorted even if he cant get on RPS forums for a little while
    Last edited by Karthon; 07-03-2013 at 09:33 PM. Reason: avoiding double post

Quote Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
    [insert cool name](WElf) played by dubstepmanatee vs Midnight Sparkles(Vam) played by me.

1 - 0

I don't usually complain about dice, but when I roll three ones in a row for pickup, 5 of my players in the injury box and 2 knock outs leaving me 4 people on the pitch while playing elves I think I have the right to say bugger off you asshole elves and I hope you break your necks from falling off trees.

Also 2 interceptions. Apparently the Twilight vampires are really awful at Blood Bowl.
    Drake Sigar has been telling me about your game... Ouch that looked painful. 1 death and 3 injuries??
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Quote Originally Posted by mrchinchin25 View Post
    Drake Sigar has been telling me about your game... Ouch that looked painful. 1 death and 3 injuries??
    Yup, but that's pretty much to be expected since I only have armour 7 on most of my guys. The thing I'm bummed about is that only one of his elves got hurt and that one of my vamps will miss the next game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Applications accepted for Division M and season started

I believe some of you Division M-ers need to have your forum group applications accepted by Groovy before you can use the M group to arrange matches - I suggest you use PMs or Steam chats or, as a last resort and for this season only (or else everyone will want to do it), post in this thread.

Now go out and maim the enemy and maybe score a touchdown. Good luck!

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrchinchin25 View Post
    Beware of my elves: They're so incredibly stupid, they just can't distinguish between the ball and, let's say, a vampire's head ... :X

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Beware of my elves: They're so incredibly stupid, they just can't distinguish between the ball and, let's say, a vampire's head ... :X
    My super-brainy mummies should fare well then.

"What ball? Brains?..."
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Mummies: 'I was gonna pick up the ball, but nuffle didnt want me to... my hand fell off, can't pick up ball...'

Quote Originally Posted by TheKenwyne View Post
    Division I Gameday 1: Smoking Popes (Hum) 0-0 Zoggers (Orc)

So we may have just had the most boring game of Blood Bowl in the history of our fine sport. There was one casualty a piece and a couple of KOs, but the ball never really left the middle 3rd of the field. I got within one move of the end zone at the end of the first half and Palindrome was just about there in turn 16, but alas solid defence meant that the dream of team's first touchdowns remains unfulfilled. Palindrome blames pouring rain, I blame some dodgy re roll usage on my part and to a lesser degree pouring rain. If an admin could validate would be fantabulous :)
    It was remarkably uneventful, even the injuries were nothing more than badly hurt. Both of us had a forlorn attempt at the line and both of use got tackled before we could cross it. The rain is what really stalled the match, certainly in the first half, as it took my thrower(who allegedly has the sure hands skill) 4 turns to finally pick up the ball by which time the brawl on the LoS had sucked in nearly every player on the pitch. There just wasn't enough time to do anything with it, I came within a handoff, a dodge and a GFI of the line but unfortunately the ball carrier spent some time inspecting the grass due to the application of bootleather before he could manage the handoff. The Popes then managed to get a hold of the ball thanks to the crowd before my blitzer had some words with the ball carrier on the 8th turn (1 square from my line)

The second half didn't really get much better, the Popes couldn't break my line and another massive brawl ensued with much the same result, my goblin almost managed it but I didn't have enough players in range to mark everyone and he got stretchered off courtesy of an unmarked blitzer.

I think I managed to pick up the ball twice all match, it even managed to bounce through 5 of my players hands after I splattered the ball carrier and none of them caught the damn thing (admittedly one was the troll).

Good positioning, the weather and a lack of skills meant that we basically shut each other down. At least no one died.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by palindrome View Post
    At least no one died.
    Go to your room and don't come out until you apologise.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Looks like it will be down to me to fill Div I's death quota. I managed one against Ethelred, still got space for more zombies.

First game with my new team went better than last season. Necro versus Pro elves. Elves scored easily in the first few turns then I spent the rest of the game kicking the crap out of them while they kept stealing the ball at every opportunity. Luckily I managed to get it back again and that was pretty much it. Highlights were my WW getting two TDS and an injury in his first game while a FG got two injuries himself. 1 death for the elves was apothed to something less life threatening and I think one -MV on a line elf. Rumpel was a pleasure to play and kept the game bright and breezy, fast action stuff. Onward now to more elfy punchbags with a block WW (unless I role doubles).

Rumpel: Unseelie Accords 1 - 2 The Brain: Full Moon Foulers

P.S. Can a kindly admin please validate our game? (Div J)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    Onward now to more elfy punchbags with a block WW (unless I role doubles).
    TBH, even if you roll doubles(unless you get jugganaut and take him as a dedicated blitzer I guess), frenzy without block is fail waiting to happen.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Mighty Blow to go with the WW's Claw

that's what i thought on doubles. but is it worth ignoring for block first? not that I even know if I have a double yet, but in theory what would people go for?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Assuming you got a double I would definitely go for MB rather than get block then wistfully pine for another double that's unlikely to show up. Yes, it means a whole nother level until you have block, but on the other hand you ought to get there pretty quick with claw and MB if you pick your targets and use supports.
    I've levelled Chaos Warriors with MB first, it works - as long as you plan for the occasional turnover.

Network Hub
    Damm it. First Chaos Dwarves and now I get a bloodthirsty Necro team. With a bloody Block WW. Thank god I got my apo now.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Assuming you got a double I would definitely go for MB rather than get block then wistfully pine for another double that's unlikely to show up.
    A Str 3 frenzy player without block is a turnover machine, MB would be lovely but using a WW offensively without block is an act of desperation. Once they get block you can trust them to not get punched in the face too often. I found this out the hard way with my Norse and they are Str 4.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If you get a double it should be mighty blow without question. The combo with claw is so powerful and he will get to 16spp very quickly.

A werewolf is one of those players that is only good with normal rolls, but with a single double for mb can be a star.

And as for playing without block, yes it's risky, but block is a skill that is nice to have on a killer blitzer but not essential - most of his targets will have block or wrestle, so block doesn't help with killing, only preventing turnovers. I have seen very high spp chaos beast men killers with frenzy but no block.