Page 73 of 322 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 6432
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Nope, I hate the rock. It is too random, too severe and not preventable enough. I can avoid that ClawPOMB bastard on the opposition, I can try and protect myself from fouls, but if that rock comes sailing in it'll hit anyone, anywhere. Horrible.

Speaking as a Stunty coach, of course.
    I recall us discussing this event during a Challenge League match some while ago. I still think that Blitz! events are worse, at least the thrown rock only affects one target and it doesn't make any difference if the target's armor is 5 or if it is 10. Furthmore, Stunty teams often bring a deeper bench than other teams, so Stunties aren't even the juiciest targets.

Pirate had a mixed bag of luck. There were two pitch invasions I think which I came of better than him due to the FAME advantage. There was a thrown rock to to one of his players but only a stun so nothing to write home about. He managed a defensive score against me and KO's three of my zombies and gave a -MV to a wight (regened too). So it wasn't like it was a white wash or anything. His major problem was risky play like needless dodges and 1D blocks which burned his re-rolls early. He was actually really lucky since his TD came from a blitz, pickup in 1TZ, 2 dodges (1 in 1TZ) and some GFIs. None of which failed. I was pretty frustrated myself then.

Edit: I'll stick the game on BB manager so people can see if he had anything to complain about. I don't think he was Nuffled so much as played recklessly.
    Last edited by The Brain; 21-03-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Praise be unto Nuffle! I've seen pitch invasions end matches before, but never a coach's entire career. How bad was it?
    There is a poor soul at bbtactics who has been playing wood elves in the OCC. He has been through the wars as of late and his squad for this weeks game had been reduced to 1 catcher. I shit you not. This was his report afterwards:

Really not in the mood to carry on with this team. Lost 3-0 vs necro. Highlights include:

-Catcher going off KO until the last turn with babes and 3 TDs scored leaving me with no tackle all game. (this being the only non loner on the team)

-Frequent 2 dice blocks on the ball carrier coming up . One of these RRd to . He wasnt even protecting the ball. He kept giving me 2 and 3+ dice rolls to get 1 and 2 dice on the ball but none of it worked.

-Recieving the ball to have a pitch invasion stun the whole team to end my turn. (8/9 players stunned)

-Fumbling my one turn TD pass after getting 3 pushes for my catcher and still having a team RR.

-Frequent turnovers from 1s.

When nuffle shits on you he shits good

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    There is a poor soul at bbtactics who has been playing wood elves in the OCC. He has been through the wars as of late and his squad for this weeks game had been reduced to 1 catcher. I shit you not.
    I probably shouldn't laugh. I did, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think the blitz is fine, actually. It encourages realistic offensive setups (ie not just sticking everyone on the LOS) and can be recovered from. The rock I don't like, and should be limited to KO at worst.

EDIT - Or at least it should be a 2 on the kickoff table instead of a 3.
    Last edited by Everblue; 21-03-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    When nuffle shits on you he shits good
    I had a nasty nuffling in the Nagg Open the other night.

My Vamps met a friendly Chaos Dwarf player and after a very promising start (killing a hobgoblin on the very first block of the game), nothing went right for me after - except biting my own thralls, which my vamps were really, REALLY good at. I had four players left at the start of the second half (2 each of vamps and thralls) and lost 3-0 in the end.

Still I couldn't help but laugh and my opponent was a nice guy and complemented me on my silly team theme, which is all that matters. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    I think the blitz is fine, actually. It encourages realistic offensive setups (ie not just sticking everyone on the LOS) and can be recovered from. The rock I don't like, and should be limited to KO at worst.

EDIT - Or at least it should be a 2 on the kickoff table instead of a 3.
    I would be happy with BH at worst (like Blood Lust) or the rock can only target specific players - like those on the wide zones or (more likely since they're mandatory) those on the LoS. I wouldn't mind swapping Throw a Rock (11) with Get the Ref (2), either. (3 is Riot.)
    Last edited by Screwie; 21-03-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
    Addendum to my previous match report: I hope all my future opponents have fun trying to knock down my str 5 ball carrier vampire and trying to get around her during my defense.
    This is horrible, I hate vampires now with a passion.

(I did manage to get Block onto one of my mummies though, which cheered me up)
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I believe rock is essential to Bloodbowl, that you can die no matter you do. It's a lesson worth learning too, too many bloaty carebears.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Well, President Weasel has obviously offended Nuffle somehow. Finished 3-0 to me, not through me playing well, but purely through Pres rolling badly. Like, really badly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Just got completely and utterly crushed by Boots's David Icke Experience in Division 2. At least only one of my players died, although Jim diGriz had been with the team since the beginning and will be sorely missed. Two more will have to be sacked due to niggle or -AV (I used up my apoc turning the minus armour into a dead, which I declined). The dice utterly fucked me, starting in turn 1 with Boots getting a blitz, and not letting up until the final turn.
    I utterly failed to break armour with my claw MB chaos warrior, rolling lower than 8 every time on two dice. My armour, on the other hand, broke nearly every time I was hit and any time I was stupid enough to try a dodge with an AG4 player or a go for it.

Christ.

Below is some proof.

Unlike Pirate, I do not quit. I will return, stronger and meaner, annealed in the fires of Nuffle.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 22-03-2013 at 09:56 AM.

The statistics for ball possession are particularly informative.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I quit. /10 char
    Sorry to see him go :(, I was due to play him next, what happens to my match against him ? :s
    Last edited by Rumpel; 21-03-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Can someone reset mine and webcoles game in div d? I blue screened at the set up

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Done 10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpel View Post
    Sorry to see him go :(, I was due to play him next, what happens to my match against him ? :s
    You get an admin win, which gives you 2 random TD, 2 random MVP, and 2x winnings.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I feel sympathy to those who take a truly disgusting nuffling but more than that, pride that so many here can laugh it off.

After all, it is a game.

I've had a curious sort of "luck" myself, my Elves are now 12 matches old and they are growing and expanding in repertoire without feeling "finished", I don't really fear for their deaths either as outside of a few doubles with guard I don't feel like anyone is irreplaceable.

I genuinely look forward to rolling +ST on someone not just for the benefits associated but also so I can legitimately fear for their life.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Indeed. You "would say it wasn't the right choice"? That's because it was the wrong choice! The correct answer is block.
    Block block block block block.
    I rolled 6+4 so it was either +move or strength skill. And even under those conditions, I'd say +move was the wrong choice.

Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    I rolled 6+4 so it was either +move or strength skill. And even under those conditions, I'd say +move was the wrong choice.
    To be honest, I would say that your first mistake was to take a Deathroller into your roster in the first place. I would only ever induce that guy, he seems like such a pile of bloat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    But Dwarfs are so boring without it :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    Fair enough, not being able to choose block is the only legitimate reason for not taking block on a Big Guy (or Big Freakish Cheaty Road Roller Thing).