Page 82 of 349 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 6978
    I'm hoping we can get our game in div C played tomorrow if his presidency is feeling benign enough to grant so great a boon to us unworthy ones.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Right then. Snoozer/boots doesn't affect promotions or demotions - even if I reversed the result, Boots would still get promoted and Snoozer would still be last because of head to head results. I'll give boots a win.
    Rumpel gets a win because pirate apparently left.

However, giving Screwie a win because PD didn't turn up for their scheduled match and they can't arrange another, which looks like it's probably the right thing to do, would affect the result of their league - it would put them even on points, and would, strictly speaking, put Screwie ahead on head-to-head result even though they didn't play.
    I suggest we give Screwie the win, but don't take the "head to head" result into account when calculating who actually won the Division - instead doing it on the casualty and TD coefficients.
    Does that work for the other admins?

That leaves one outstanding match, Jolima versus Leftfield, which is scheduled for tomorrow. I'll happily give you a day to try and get that match in. GL HF.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Oh right, I utterly forgot the head to head tie-breaker and went straight to the goal-diff-and-injury-diff tie-breaker (which I'm sure PD wins). So I am perfectly happy with you admins doing the same in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Can I change race for next season? Nords aren't my style.
    Long as you change to one that isn't full and apply with a fresh TV 1000 team, you're golden. Update the spreadsheet with your choice. You'll be starting at the lowest tier but I think that's where you are anyway, so you don't need to worry about that.

Other people considering changing teams, update the sheet with your choice quick smart and be aware the same rules apply: no races that are already full, new TV1000 team (or 960 or whatever, it can't have played any matches ever is the main thing), no matter where you are in the league at the moment you'll be starting at or near the foot of the table.

Anyone who knows someone who fancies joining next season (and can probably be relied on to actually play their games) then please tell them to fill the sheet in within the next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Oh right, I utterly forgot the head to head tie-breaker and went straight to the goal-diff-and-injury-diff tie-breaker (which I'm sure PD wins). So I am perfectly happy with you admins doing the same in this instance.
    Yes, please feel free to do whatever seems best. I'm ok taking the head-to-head loss or loss + TD/cas difference or draw or whatever. I messed up the summer time thing over the weekend and unfortunately this week is quite busy so I won't be able to play a make-up.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Right you 'orrible lot. I'm back in forumland. And it's the end of the season! With one game outstanding! I'll be running the live draw for your promotions/demotions in the new season Friday night, 7pm. I expect all games to be completed by that morning so I can sort out the spreadsheet ahead of time. Looks like you've all done a good job getting played in time this season, maybe we're getting the hang of it after 3 years :-).

Congrats again to Grinn's mutant Orcs for taking the championship for the third season running. Someone needs to kill some of those high strength guys before he makes it a 4th season!

As for the PD/Screwie issue. If we go with the normal head-to-head rule, then Screwie 'beat' PD with the final default so should go up. However, on cas/TD balance or next best result (against the rest of us) PD goes up. I think, on balance, it's probably fairer for PD to go up in this scenario based on games played rather than on the default. Argue with me below if you like, particularly you, Screwie, if you feel this is unfair, but it seems like the best solution in this case :-)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    OUTRAGEOUS!

Nah, it's fine. :)

I already got the double MVP and all the winnings from the match, which I feel is more than I deserve since it wasn't just PD's schedule that prevented us from arranging our meeting.

So is this the birth of a new general ruling? The head-to-head tie-breaker doesn't apply for defaulted matches?

Depends on circumstances, innit. If someone had genuinely not bothered arranging their match then they'd have a 'punishment' admin loss, which should count in the head to head standings. In this instance though it was pretty borderline whether we gave you a win or a draw, and it seems unfair for him to miss out on promotion based on a genuine attempt to play the game being foiled by issues with the clocks going forward. In this instance it seems fairer to judge you two on how you performed versus the other teams.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Congratulations Grinn!

Right, I am giving this another go with a fresh Amazon team. I still have the 1600TV Orc RPS Allstars team in reserve though (exclusively played in the DoD) if a higher TV filler team is needed.

When will the new season kick off? I am asking because I'll probably be away during the first half of May and don't want to cause any issues.

Network Hub
    While I know I could be patient and wait for Friday, I'm curious to know who in Div L drew the short straw of the tiebreaker and is being forced up into higher TV divisions.

Er...I mean...who is the glorious winner and I totally hope it's me, but I guess it'll be fine if it's someone else, no really, it's ok.
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Hi,

I'd like to take my first, tentative, bloody steps into the DoD... The spreadsheet appears to be in a bit of state of flux, but I'm adding my Norse team "Marriage Potential" to the bottom of the sheet..
    Last edited by Shar_ds; 03-04-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    While I know I could be patient and wait for Friday, I'm curious to know who in Div L drew the short straw of the tiebreaker and is being forced up into higher TV divisions.

Er...I mean...who is the glorious winner and I totally hope it's me, but I guess it'll be fine if it's someone else, no really, it's ok.
    According to the numbers:

Alini: +1 Cas, +2 TDs = +3
    Dentharial: -2 Cas, +3 TDs = +1
    Me: +1 Cas, +2 TDs = +3

Which means it's between Alini and myself. According to the spreadsheet, the next way to separate the teams is TV.

Alini: 1050TV
    Me: 1190TV

Which I guess means I go up, but since I'm stepping out for a season or two to move back to Blighty that means Alini goes up (Though I still win the league :P).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    I would have thoguht the team with the lower TV would be considered the winner?

The spreadsheet is brilliantly ambiguous, but being that the higher leagues often have the higher TV I thought it would make sense not to shove the lower team upwards for a pasting. But since a pasting is fun, that could be the intention.

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    The spreadsheet is brilliantly ambiguous, but being that the higher leagues often have the higher TV I thought it would make sense not to shove the lower team upwards for a pasting. But since a pasting is fun, that could be the intention.
    To be honest, I am surprised that TV is factored into those calculations at all. Wouldn't it be a better idea to have a GRUDGE MATCH out of season before the new divisions are drawn?

It's higher TV that goes up.

Was the last match of the season actually played last night?

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Right you 'orrible lot. I'm back in forumland. And it's the end of the season! With one game outstanding! I'll be running the live draw for your promotions/demotions in the new season Friday night, 7pm. I expect all games to be completed by that morning so I can sort out the spreadsheet ahead of time. Looks like you've all done a good job getting played in time this season, maybe we're getting the hang of it after 3 years :-).

Congrats again to Grinn's mutant Orcs for taking the championship for the third season running. Someone needs to kill some of those high strength guys before he makes it a 4th season!
    Cheers!

The Nobz are soaking away in their mountainside villa-spas, doing elf-bone lines and getting their saggy flaps massaged. Ahhh the life of a Blood Bowl star!

Sorry guys I have a load of family stuff blown up this week , not sure fire game has been admined against me yet but if so it should be , also is it possible to sit out a season and return? Really would not like to commit to matches for the next few weeks