Page 96 of 361 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 7204
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Are you only going to kill those people who miss their games, or just everyone?
    You are such a jobs worth.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Marriage Potential [NOR, shar_ds] 1 - 1 Langside Chillybaws [LIZ, Darkmalice]

Oh nuffle, great lord of Bloodbowl... we praise thee.. now please turn your gaze elsewhere...

Sweltering Heat, Riots, snake-eye GFI's, oh how he loved us! DM bashed me thoroughly but only managed a single CAS on a lineman and I was an open catch on an accurate pass away from winning, but it was not to be!

An enjoyable game though. I'm happy not to have to try and maneuver around that Guard Krox again this season...

Nuffle was quatting over that pitch the whole time; whether for my rolls, the baking heat or steering the crowd towards those sweaty Nords. You'd think with only 2 opponents standing, the rest having a quick kip in the sun, that running a skink or two into the endzone would be effortless.
    "Ha, foolish mortal!" bellows the great Keeper of Dice.
    Fun match though, very cinematic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    VV - Your last game is against my orcs. I can assure you that it will be entertaining... OF DEATH!!!111
    My very first Bloodbowl Cyanide match consisted of me playing Woodelves with a friend playing Orcs. It ended with three dead Orcs (and an Orcish interception).

I aim to repeat that. Which may be a bit difficult with a line-up consisting of mercenaries. But hey, a challenge's a challenge.

(He never played Bloodbowl again.)
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Div J lost 0-2 to Rotekian's Dark Elves. Outblocked, outrun, outdiced. Several injuries, 2 deaths, the 2 Apoth's did nothing.

Edit: Forgot to add: My opponent loved to foul my already beaten team. Nothing to say against the rules, but that was a rather miserable show.
    Last edited by Squiz; 23-04-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Network Hub
    1-0 to the Dark Elves as a result of said excessive fouling. My +1 Movement, +1 Agility Blitzer picked up a -1 AV injury, but otherwise it was a very lucky game for me all round. Squirrelfanatic got really unlucky with a death re-rolled to a death and another dead player on top of that.

I wonder if people would object to fouling less if it was called a ground block.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    I wonder if people would object to fouling less if it was called a ground block.
    I'm still trying to figure out how to foul without getting thrown out of the game. I know it's possible, I've seen people do it against me, but whenever I foul I get tossed immediately.

It's vexing, for sure

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    I don't object to fouling per se, as it is a part of the game. Even a T16 may be warranted if the enemy has taken the piss out of you during the game (that doesn't mean that I won't think lowly of the coach afterwards, but hey, it's all fair game, right?). Apparently that was the case here.

Concerning the score, I must have missed that turnover, I was writing the post above during the last turns and didn't really pay attention anymore.

Edit: chad, are you talking about your enemies quitting on you or are you referring to your bad luck with the ref?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Div J lost 0-2 to Rotekian's Dark Elves. Outblocked, outrun, outdiced. Several injuries, 2 deaths, the 2 Apoth's did nothing.

Edit: Forgot to add: My opponent loved to foul my already beaten team. Nothing to say against the rules, but that was a rather miserable show.
    If it helps, SF, you might consider by way of consolation the words of Marcus Aurelius:

"Does ought occur? It is good. It is part of the fate of the universe ordained from the beginning. All that occurs is part of the Great Web."

Jeez, I feel better already. Thanks, Everblue.

Stop the clocks, cut off the telephone....

Jamescoombes caged the ball expertly and it was all I could do to try and delay the inevitable but in turn 7 he scored after a gap in my defensive line appeared. 0-1

Dear Annil (5SPP) stalwart of the line. We will remember you.

In the second half I managed to crowd surf a trollslayer leaving a wide zone open for my runner to hand off to a blitzer who scampered up the pitch, (I like to imagine flicking the vee's at the lumbering dwarfs who couldn't catch him) - 1-1.

I thought I was fortunate with Blitz! on the kick off table, and able to place a blitzer in the wide zone under the ball (but sadly not catching it) - not far from the endzone with only 3 turns left on the clock, but this angered nuffle and brave Gaesthil was killed in anger by Rock Bifferty on the LOS. The dwarfs managed to rescue the ball and passed (in bright sunshine too) to a blitzer but even with GFI he was a couple of squares short. He went for it anyway and promptly fell over - ending the game all square.

Maybe I ought to buy an apothecary now?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Everyone knows dwarfs and rocks are in league. They're natural allies, having roughly the same movement, agility, and charisma.

Div C
    Blackest of Black Blacks 1 - 2 Tzeentchian Spirit

* After conceding a quick standard elf TD, managed to reply before the first half ended (str 4 ghoul to the rescue once again)
    * My mummies had a nice lie down for most of the game, which made things harder
    * My wights then decided to have a lie down in the second half as well while trying to break down the flank
    * Managed to get my str 4 ghoul free with the end-zone in sight but a combination of bad dice and bad decision-making dealing with the elf cover leaves me up the proverbial creek without any form of paddle
    * Elves (by now greatly outnumbering my deadites) take the ball and skip gaily down the pitch to win

Overall an enjoyable game, even though I made a couple of bad decisions at the end to make it easier for Helio.

Quote Originally Posted by Cacamas View Post
    Overall an enjoyable game, even though I made a couple of bad decisions at the end to make it easier for Helio.
    The armour dice played a part too, I had 2 injuries, 1 bh the other apo'd to mng and a single KO, you took about 7 KO's ove the course of the game (including surfs admittedly)

Additionally:
    My absurbo-catcher(blodge, sidestep) Faith hits level 5 (a team record) and a guard mummy picked up a second skill.

I'm thinking fend on a regular roll.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Fend is good to keep him alive, but I would take tackle and use him for blitzing.

Also - a "guard mummy" - if you have mummies on the team no wonder your pro-elves are doing well! If you mean a guard lineman I humbly suggest dodge.

Also - a "guard mummy" - if you have mummies on the team no wonder your pro-elves are doing well! If you mean a guard lineman I humbly suggest dodge.
    No, I was referring to my opponents mummy but a mummy is a good idea, I'll look forward into the scale of sacrifice i'd need to make to get an St 5 elf.

In all honesty I could do with some tackle, need for it has not come up much but as I've had the dubious fortune of facing more brutish teams and AG4 teams who have little need for dodge.

Or perhaps I should play to my strengths and get frenzy, you might think an odd pick for a catcher but i am increasingly finding elves only have 2 kinds of player, ones who can fight and ones who get fought.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There are a couple of ST5 elves in the OCC. One of them is an unskilled wood elf lineman with no skills, and the other is a dark elf lineman with blodge and sidestep and that team is in my division this season (he also has a mighty blow, piling on witch elf - it's going to be a tough game).

My UKBBL dark elf team has a ST4 AG5 lineman with no skills. A bit bloaty at the moment, although he does pull off the occasional unbelievable play. Block>dodge>leap for him I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Frenzy is a good pick, but at higher TV it will get him crunched eventually.