Page 99 of 367 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 7326
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Oh, good, I had a plan to use the skill while i was undead (on a mummy, don't ask) and that feature was broken.

Edit: mummy plan clarification, i planned to have the mummy with "safe throw" throw only when there were 4 tacklezones+range modifiers meaning that it was 6+ perfect pass and 2-5 held and 1 a fumble, kind of like the anti "hail mary pass".
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 26-04-2013 at 06:56 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Grinn - if you posted your result in the spreadsheet you might get a validation :)

You other buggers - Every other game posted to the spreadsheet has been validated.

Jolima please accept my steam request and/or respond on the league board here - odds are this weekend is going to be the only time we can meet up

Ditto, Smaug

(The Brain - Nec) Full Moon Foulers 1 - 0 Chaotic and Fabulous (Chillydusk - Cha)

This was a highly contested match where the ball kept dropping on the floor every other turn.
    The first half with Chaos receiving was nuffled, the 4 first turns in my favor with some aweful blocking and double down/skulls for the Werewolves, which i failed to capitalize on. Then the last 4 turns of the half was me failing my stuff and not being able to do standard actions.

Half time 0-0.

The second half was again highly contested with the Necros getting the ball knocked from the Werewolf's hands a couple times, but he never got injured or even stunned, getting up dodging out and picking the ball every time with his 4 AG. When he didn't go down on a blitz the game got out of control and he ended up scoring. This was turn 16 with 1 turn to go for Chaos.
    I setup the players in order to get the best shot at a 1 turn TD, but there was a riot, getting me an extra turn instead.
    I managed to get a couple players in td range but one ended up dropping. and the other one got fully surrounded and out of scoring range. I had to rely on the minotaur to chain push my guy out of the cage, which i managed to, leaving him in 1 tackle zone and ready to receive a long pass from the Beastman. With nothing to lose, I went for it and...!!!??? fumbled.

Managing to injure 0 players, score 0 tds and fail the completion, this was the worse game so far for Chaotic and Fabulous, the silver lining being the newly recruited Minotaur got the MVP. The chances of getting a promotion this season are extremely slim and would require a bloodbath on the last match with a few tds from my team in order to win a tie breaker, and Delusibeta would have to beat both TheKenwyne and The Brain. There is always the next season!

Forgot to upload this masterpiece after the last match.

Watched a sped up replay to see what I had missed during the game and found out that my dead Blitzer ate the MVP and that my opponent gave another injury to my Catcher (-MV). Gladly I can just quit the League after this season and bin the team.
    Attached Images Attached Images

18/37 successful blocks and 3 KO, 4 injuries, 2 deaths. Seems good.

Also, I've never figured out what "knockdowns" are. Anyone care to enlighten?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Successful blocks, I believe.

That's some bad luck you've had squirrelfanatic, sometimes AV7 teams just fall apart that way.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Also, I've never figured out what "knockdowns" are. Anyone care to enlighten?
    Never checked it but it has been speculated that it is armour breaks caused by blocking as opposed to crowd/self inflicted woes. Anyone able to confirm/deny?

Mh, yeah, some of it was bad luck, like the one death caused by a simple block action turned double skulls without RR. Some failed GFIs as well (the replay is uploaded, if you have too much time on your hands and want to see something sad). The other injuries were from late game fouls (because why not), mostly.

Edit: Before the match I had a look at both teams and just tought to myself: Yup, he can do everthing I can, just better (AG4 across the board, AV8, some Dodge, more Block, 7 vs. 1 Fan Factor). Since in the Cyanide game, Helmut Wulf and chainsaws aren't available, I was considering Zara the Slayer for a second, but then decided to go with Wizard, 2 Babes, and another Apoth (which then turned a dead Blitzer into a dead Blitzer).
    Last edited by Squiz; 27-04-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Boots and I just completed our day 2 champs match. Final results was a hard fought 2-2 draw between my necros and his lizards.

Boots was down several players due to his encounter with Grinn so had a merc skink and Sibli to replace 2x saurus and 2x skink (not really a good trade). He chose to kick and a ran it up the pitch to score on turn 5(ish?), nothing too fancy. On the return drive I thought I had his ball carrying skink boxed in, but some clever use of grab to get around sidestep got him into the clear. I had a slim chance of making something happen, but double skulls on the first block put paid to that.

Second half, the lizards recieved and ran it up the pitch without any complications to take the lead about turn 12. I felt I had a comfortable amount of time to score and moved a cage back and forth up the pitch until some good blocks put some scary pressure on the ball carrier on turn 15 forcing me to make a dodge, handoff and GFI to score the equalizer.

In general we both rolled quite a few 1s and while BBmanager tells me I rolled just a bit above average skulls, they always seemed to come up in pairs. Boots was able to break armour quite a bit, but managed to mostly just get stuns despite all his MB. Anyway report below, GG and thanks for the game boots!

Here's the match image.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Mh, yeah, some of it was bad luck, like the one death caused by a simple block action turned double skulls without RR. Some failed GFIs as well (the replay is uploaded, if you have too much time on your hands and want to see something sad). The other injuries were from late game fouls (because why not), mostly.

Edit: Before the match I had a look at both teams and just tought to myself: Yup, he can do everthing I can, just better (AG4 across the board, AV8, some Dodge, more Block, 7 vs. 1 Fan Factor). Since in the Cyanide game, Helmut Wulf and chainsaws aren't available, I was considering Zara the Slayer for a second, but then decided to go with Wizard, 2 Babes, and another Apoth (which then turned a dead Blitzer into a dead Blitzer).
    Well, you're playing my gobbos next, with a 1000 point TV difference, so at least you'll be able to go out in style...

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Boots and I just completed our day 2 champs match. Final results was a hard fought 2-2 draw between my necros and his lizards.
    Yes, it was a good game and could have gone either way in the end. Surprisingly unbloody overall too, with the only permanent injury regenerated anyway.

Network Hub
    Lorei'elf (Elves, Dentharial) VS Unlimited Continues (Necro, Graever)

This match was a tricky one to predict. The Necro team was entirely fresh (well, as fresh as necros get), and so full of level 1 players, but this also meant that I had a whopping 220TV of inducements to give away. Sadly, this was spent on a wizard and a Babe, and both proved entirely ineffective (the wizard fireballed 2 elves somewhere and did exactly nothing, while no Necro ever got so much as knocked off the pitch, let alone KO'd).

The match began with the Elves kicking, and the first few turns showed that Nuffle also wanted to be unpredictable today. There were a lot of Skulls turning up in the first few turns of blocks, but always only one in a pair. Unlimited ground slowly up the pitch, knocking out a couple of elves, and injuring another couple. Despite some hopeful positioning of catchers, and even some successful attempts at knocking the ball-carrier over, Lorei'elf was never quite able to get their manicured hands on the ball, and the Necros managed to score in their final turn of the half.

Going into the second half, Lorei'elf managed to do a typically elfy touchdown (including a full 4 GFIs, 2 from the thrower, and 2 from the catcher) to bring the scoreline to 1-1, and the game seemed to still be all to play for.

As the Necros pushed forward, they were a single turn away from scoring, but with the ball-carrier just barely protected, and not at all in a cage of any kind. There was some (if I do say so myself) fairly nice positioning from the elves to get a solid block onto the carrier, and also protect the ball wherever it landed. This was amplified the next turn, when Graever made a fatal misclick, and asked his Flesh Golem to make a dodge which it naturally failed. The Necros had manuevered themselves into an odd position, where the majority of the team was over on the left side of the pitch, but the ball carrier had run to the right; and this gave the elves plenty of space to work with. With all the faster members of the shamblers locked down by the elves, the rest of the team was free to move the ball up the pitch in near perfect safety. I made a small misclick here, where I really could have delayed scoring for a few turns, but instead scored immediately, giving Graever a full 2 (or 3?, I don't remember now) turns to try and scrape a draw.

It wasn't to be. Despite the fact that, by this stage, 5 elves were off the pitch and the Necros were still fielding a full team, they just didn't have the speed to make anything happen.

Final Score: Lorei'elf 2 - 1 Unlimited Continues

This was a really hard-fought match that could have gone either way at several points. A few critical mistakes from both of us really dictated the shape of the game, but ultimately elves are just vicious at being able to make stuff happen from opportunities.

My injuries nearly lost me the match due to just running out of bodies on the pitch, but don't affect me in the long run: 4 Badly Hurts, and 1 Dead 3spp lineman.

A special shoutout needs to go out to the crowds of cheering fans. In every single one of the 5 kick-offs in this game, the Fans cheered, and Lorei'elf got an extra reroll. Now I come to think about it, I suspect those 5 extra rerolls really​ made an impact on my high-risk plays, although I think I had 1 left over at the end of each half.
    Last edited by Dentharial; 28-04-2013 at 09:46 AM.
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Network Hub
    Could a friendly admin validate and roll on division H? I'm on a bit of a time limit for the last game. Thanks :-)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Done and done...

Advice time. My Wrestling Dauntless Pestigor rolled +AG. Do I take it? He would be my only AG4 player, but I do have an Extra Big Sure Hand player for ball handling, so he'd mostly be using that AG for dodging and the occasional catch. I'm not sure what else to take with him either though. He's mostly been acting as a big guy botherer since getting Dauntless, so Claw maybe?

Take it and use him as a safety? Ag4 will let him escape his markers to get the hits in, or alternatively if someone else spills the ball it'll let him grab it and, if needs be, make a short pass upfield to clear it. You can also use him on offense to move the ball to the front fast, especially if you've got extra arms for the catches. I had a wrackle Ag4 ghoul as a safety for a long time, he worked wonders.

My block/guard/MB/tackle wight just rolled plus Ag too. I was going to take stand firm on a normal, but with no extra agility anywhere else I felt I couldn't pass it up even though he's only MA5. Agility just makes everything a little bit easier, plus it opens up options that'd otherwise be too risky.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    I would say it's a handy one to take. You need AG somewhere, and having it on a fighting player means he's harder to mark, can assist if needed, and pick up the occasional loose ball and interception. Pesties are okay all rounders, so can make use of just about any stat up if they get it. I wouldn't know what to make of it if someone came at me with that combination. Is he going to chase the ball? Harass my ogre? Blitz the ball carrier? But he's not such a threat that he'll be an obvious priority target, either (plus with wrestle, he'll be fairly hard to injure anyway). That's a pretty good bit of uncertainty, but not so alarming that he'll be heavily targeted.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    Advice time. My Wrestling Dauntless Pestigor rolled +AG. Do I take it? He would be my only AG4 player, but I do have an Extra Big Sure Hand player for ball handling, so he'd mostly be using that AG for dodging and the occasional catch. I'm not sure what else to take with him either though. He's mostly been acting as a big guy botherer since getting Dauntless, so Claw maybe?
    Jump up? He's got wrestle, after all, so after successful blocks he'll be on the ground.
    Wait, it's +AG but it's not a double.