Page 112 of 371 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 7412
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    That said, I would love to have Hubris Rakarth in the game, Dirty Player and all. A ST4 dark elf blitzer with MB, Strip Ball and Jump Up? Yes please! And pro elves can use him too, bonus.

Admittedly dark elves have been treated rather well by Cyanide - both of the cheapest star players available to them are in the game.

Hubris would be an excellent expensive option, though. A middle ground between Eldril and Morg would be handy, as would anything to give dark elves more bash...
    Last edited by Screwie; 09-05-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    The thing about wizard is fear, it's true, they don't injure prone players do they?

I always plan to push people together for better fireballs, rarely pans out.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    No, wizards are standing players only.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Bombardiers, though... >:D

ROKK 'ARD
    ROKKK 'ARD
    RoKKKK 'ARD
    NOBBZZZZZZZZ!

Yes ladies and gentlemans, the retired Goff Rokkas have jabbed the spike of victory into the mushy loveliness that is the DoD Trophy. Erm, ok that was a stoned wood-elf, but never mind... Fourth title merrily cashed in and placed lovingly next to the other three on Kowc's leopard skin mantlepiece.

The last match ended with a 2-2 draw against Potatoe's Clone High. It was exciting end to end stuff all the way. The Nobz opted to kick to the Clones, who caged up in mid pitch and the two sides exchanged blows for a few turns. The necros cunningly split the Nobz on the two flanks. When the Nobz got bored of screening and jumped on the cage the head slippy ghoul redeployed to the opposite flank where two doggies were waiting (and clawing into Nobzy hide) to take the offence forward. A few KOs later and the Clones were feeling rather exposed. Star ghoul runs up the right sideline only to get slammed into the dirt by Ingvi Gobsteel, who picks up the ball and starts heading up the pitch, feeling rather safe with a single free ghoul too puny to worry him. Alas, the single free ghoul rolled two POWs, knocked him to the ground and ran up to score.

Two turns left for the Nobz to score.

The Clones fouled on pretty much every turn, their one bribe getting exhausted on the first turn, after which the ref felt he had done a good enough job and buggered off for squig-pie and wet bunny suit. The sound of the crowd roaring called ref back to the pitch, only to mess up the time keeping in the process giving the Nobz another turn to equalize.

Ingvi Gobsteel runs up on his own and gets surrounded by players. A sideline semi cage runs up the centre left only to get screened by Clones. Ingvi Gobsteel has three players on him and is in scoring range. Kowc give the sign to the remaining Nobz to effect the glorious train of Mork move. The greenskins line up next to the necros and Slaxx takes a run pushing a Wight into Ingvi giving him that extra momentum to push through the three deadmans blocking him. Ingvi lives up to his stardom as he blitzes and dodges out of smellydeadarms and receives a perfect pass from thrower Bo-No

1-1

The series of Nob inflicted injuries in the half were all but one zombie regened back, making Kowc cry and snort shroomdust.

The Nobz take it easy in the second half, caging and hitting, but the armour breaks are few and far between. The Clones, on the other hand notice that the ref has buggered off to roll around in his wet bunny suit again, and take the opportunity to foul EVERY SINGLE GADDAM ROUND AND NEVER BE CAUGHT. The unhappy situation KOs a couple of players and kills star lino Rowdi I (the last of the surviving Rowdis). Following a serious arm fracture, Rowdi I's mutant agility was brought down to mere elf levels, making his 190SPP value a bit of a burden. But Kowc had a soft spot for Rowdi, and ignored da Bosses' orders to fire him. RIP Rowdi I... it was a dirty way to go (and come back!).

The Nobz are down to 6 players and surrounded by stinkyalmostdeadmans. Inevitably Clones take the ball and run a doggy downfield. There's one chance for the Nobz to take him down and no tacklers in range. Slaxx lifts his hat brim, and aided by Big Mawf, piles doggy into the ground (importantly stunning the only tackler around) and retrieves the ball. Slaxx's dodginess saves him from going down the next turn to two blocks and he then dodges out from a flailing golem's grasp and runs up to Ingvi handing off the ball. Ingvi sprints up field and scores again.

2-1 for the Nobz.

With 8 players on 11 and no need to win, the Nobz focus on protecting themselves and sticking a spike in a few dead mouths. Clones score and the game ends.

2-2

Great game Potatoe, you played really well. Had me on edge the whole time!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    So 3-0 for the Flaming Balls over Recoil's Revellers in Sorrow. Basically the delfs just fell apart every time I hit them, and sometimes even when I didn't. Sadly there were 3 left on the pitch at the end of the match. The only permanent injury was a niggled lineelf though so it could have been worse.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    2-0 for my Undead over LowKey's Underworld in Div G.

Div C
    Blackest of Black Blacks 0 - 1 Fly Soup

With a few crucial dice rolls going the other way, this might have been a different score. As it is, it ended a close loss and I am left hoping that Corkir doesn't win to avoid relegation.

Bullet point summary:
    * Tried not one but two hail mary passes. The first scattered off the pitch, costing me the chance to equalise, the second had to be deadly accurate to give me any chance. Nevertheless, worth it :)
    * The nurglites were blocking extremely poorly in the first half but by the end I was badly outnumbered due to many, many armour breaks.
    * No serious injuries at game end and I felt I played well so not too disappointed. Good game!

Thanks for the game Grinn and congrats on the cup again.. It was quite back and forth the whole time, with some really odd (not quite good and not quite bad) dice for the both of us.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Congrats Grinn

Obscure Node
    Hello, newbie here. :) I would like to join the RPS DoD league, hope it's not a problem that I just created a forum account. I put my details in the spreadsheet, hopefully in the right place.
    Last edited by TG06; 10-05-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Activated Node
    Welcome to the DoDs!
    Steam - SandmanXC

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by TG06 View Post
    Hello, newbie here. :) I would like to join the RPS DoD league, hope it's not a problem that I just created a forum account. I put my details in the spreadsheet, hopefully in the right place.

I created my forum account here for exactly this purpose too. I've discovered there are many other lovely communities here in the RPS stables, but the DoD is still my anchor. Current season is scheduled to end tomorrow, so keep your eye on the thread to see when you get assigned to a division, or for the details of the livedraw (if there is one happening) so you can come and witness your name being typed into a chat channel in person!
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    These go to Eleven 1 - 1 Altdorf Army

In a classic crazy, typically Altdorfian match the Army head into hiatus for a season. We'll treasure the High Elf Blitzer Face Plant into the endzone rather than scoring.

I'll be back in a month.

What do I need to do to the spreadsheet again to indicate I'm leaving for next season?
    I forgot the best part of this game - Web Cole dawdled over making the final GFI to attempt the score.
    I typed "Hex"
    One second later the Blitzer face planted himself out of the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacamas View Post
    As it is, it ended a close loss and I am left hoping that Corkir doesn't win to avoid relegation.
    Golly gosh, I didn't realise that I was still in the running to win the div. We play tonight at 9PM so you'll have your answer soon.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    I forgot the best part of this game - Web Cole dawdled over making the final GFI to attempt the score.
    I typed "Hex"
    One second later the Blitzer face planted himself out of the game.
    You've hexed me before too, Hutton. Don't think I've forgotten.

Come on guys, tomorrow is the end of the season... some games are still not played!
    Stop slacking! (Yes I mean you too PWeasel!)

Congrats on another championship, Grinn.
    Welcome to the DoD, TG06.

Obscure Node
    Thanks for the welcome guys!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by TG06 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome guys!
    Hex, hex hex.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Congrats Grinn!