Page 139 of 356 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 7111
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    My elves fragility is slowly catching up with them. 2 deaths, a -mv on a thrower and mng my reward for daring to draw.

There goes my 200k of spare gold. Without a much softer next season I can imagine me getting into journeyman purgatory, that means restart time. I guess I'd go high elves, but maybe something more capable of actually making murder death in the enemies ranks.

Well, I'm still fully manned for now and one guard died and another -mv but I was blessed in that my kick wrestle lineman rolled a double, I'm pondering guard, as every double I've taken in the team has been guard.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thick skull

Quote Originally Posted by Shar_ds View Post
    1-1 between myself and cyberpunkdreams' gobbos in Div L. Think that gives him the league, but I need to sit out next round with laptop repairs and holidays anyway. Match report later, could we get a friendly admin validation so I can see if my Kick lineman will turn into my best player or not?
    Normal skill roll :( Fend it is then. Not a single Double or Statup on Marriage Potential so far! Also, due to Hols, I'll be sitting out next season, I've Z'ed the team in the sheet.

For CPD's benefit, my game-tieing action wasn't quite as bad as 4%...

Pick up 5+ - Dodge 5+ with dodge skill - Go For It 2+ = 15.432% w/o TRR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You don't really need doubles on norse. Guard on linemen is ok, but other than that there are so many great normal rolls for each class that it's fine. Your kick chap could have tackle, on the basis that he'll be behind the front line anway - you could use him as a sweeper.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Normal skill roll :( Fend it is then. Not a single Double or Statup on Marriage Potential so far! Also, due to Hols, I'll be sitting out next season, I've Z'ed the team in the sheet.

For CPD's benefit, my game-tieing action wasn't quite as bad as 4%...

Little over 1/8 chance, eh? It's almost guaranteed!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    AG3 with dodge is 1/9 chance to fail but it always seem to bloody happen.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Well timed AG3 dodges is how I keep my non-elf teams competitive.

Marriage Potential do seem to have developed a habit of AG3 dodging away at just the right moment, especially when in base-to-base with some MB pieces...

But yes, still wasn't expecting that score to happen! Esp as I'd not spotted the Diving Tackle on the SS goblin...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    2-0 to Laneford Prufrock - I hope Dentharial's all right, since he hasn't been around for a while now.
    So my AG5 MA4 Sure Hands, Kick Off Return nurgle rotter (yes, rotter) just hit 80spp. Failed to roll a double, which means yet again no dodge, sure feet, or pass for him.

Any thoughts what to get him? I'm thinking big hand for stealing the ball from cages (guaranteed 2+ pickup with Sure Hands reroll) or possibly Pro for extra silliness. I basically use him as a ball launching machine for trick/desperate plays, or as possible ball handler if I'm not facing anything that can crack a nurgle cage too quick, and I'm in no rush to score.

Oh, he has four niggles, just fyi. And decay.

KTHX!

MA4 means he's not going to be able to do much cage sneaking without being right next to it, and having 4 niggles right next to a cage probably means being pretty heavily targeted - I'd go for block just to keep him alive a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    KTHX!
    AG5 MA4 Sure Hands, Kick Off Return nurgle rotter

Lets think about this, he can cover the entire backfield with KOR and mv4, but delivering the ball to anyone is an issue.

You want him to die to reduce bloat, but you'd feel bad retiring him. the answer is quite simple. PassBlock. His speed doesn't matter, pass block further exaggerates the nurgles many auras.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    This is a rotter though, so lacks the aura - although the standing next to someone and jogging their arm thing always works.

Pass Block is agility isn't it? Otherwise he'd have leap. :(

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Ah, I thought it was a 6+ on the pick-up... fair enough.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    A 1-1 draw against Rumpel's Unseelie Accords gives me division F. Tier 2 here I come... where I hope to finally get some inducements in my favour. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Pass Block is agility isn't it? Otherwise he'd have leap. :(
    Your Skillfu is weak. It's G. AG5 passblock is a serious interception hazard too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It's the fact he has four niggles which amuses me. And decay. I've never seen such a player!

Just a footnote, my adventures with the Rotters in the stunty league and the murdering I got from Janek have made me long to try the Nurglites. It's currently full but if anyone steps down I call dibs.

I think it has to be pass block doesn't it?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I got a double on a skaven thrower and went with extra arm. Anyone think thats a mistake?