Page 143 of 357 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 7129
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    I havent been able to get a hold of my next opponent in Div C, i posted in the thread and have recieved no reply. Since i am going away tomorrow morning i doubt we can play.

I think an admin draw would be best, since i tried to organise it but i will be missing for half of the ten days we have to play. But its up to admins.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    But seriously folks, overdone sorrow for comic effect aside, things have got a bit attritional lately for my team.
    Nothing like AV9 teams full of mighty blow and claw complaining about attrition. If all you bashy types stopped pussy-footing around one another and really went for the neck it'd make life a lot simpler for everyone else.

53 games for Tooth and Claw, 2 original players left (one with -MA), only 5 players higher than level 2 (one with -AV), with one stat up and one double across the whole sorry lot of them. As Jiiiiim mentioned, it looks like a hurricane has blown half the squad away.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yoo-hoo boys, I'm home.

America was fun, but lets get back to what is important in life. Blood Bowl.

Arnulf Wulf, 60 games
    Manfred Moaner, 60 games
    Awrod the Boss-eyed, 61 games

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Sarcasm has 65 games for me.
    Couple of other nurglers on 63, 64 games.

In the RPS Open, Dr Octagon the high elf has 74 games, and Vast Aire the mega thrower has 72.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I only have one player with mighty blow and claw. For a long time I tried to play the noble art of not maiming anyone, but it didn't go well so I admit I've started building killers.

True, though it's not like that's the only player with mighty blow or claw. In fairness some bashy teams can get by without setting up to kill all the things (Nurgle, arguably Orc), but Chaos, Khemri, Dwarf and Norse don't get far without getting their maim on.

I kinda want to try an all beastman/mino team for giggles.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I only have one player with mighty blow and claw. For a long time I tried to play the noble art of not maiming anyone, but it didn't go well so I admit I've started building killers.
    This mirrors my team's arc in the Open, too. It doesn't matter if you try and build a "nice" Chaos team, people still look at you like you're heartless killers :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    It doesn't matter if you try and build a "nice" Chaos team, people still look at you like you're heartless killers :(
    Thing is, horns or st4 mean you can nearly always get punchy.

Decided against changing team, but I do want to try ogres somewhere, maybe stunty league?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Sarcasm has 65 games for me.
    Couple of other nurglers on 63, 64 games.

In the RPS Open, Dr Octagon the high elf has 74 games, and Vast Aire the mega thrower has 72.
    The drop after those 3 on my team is pretty huge, players at 26 and 20 games, then 17 and 16 games and then a whole bunch of single figures.

Welcome back Alistair Hutton. Will you be joining the leagues for next season? Don't forget to change it in the spreadsheet if you do!

EDIT: And because no one noticed (probably not even him...) congratulations Grinn!
    The championship is yours again. Even if AgP (the only one with a chance to get to his total points) manages to win and Grinn loses, the first tie breaker is head to head, and Grinn already won against AgP. Enjoy the early celebrations!
    Last edited by Chillydusk; 09-06-2013 at 06:10 PM.

Congrats Grinn!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Congrats Grinn!
    Bloody hell! Again! Congrats old boy!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Elf Harm had players at 56, 54, 53, 49 and 48 matches, then 26 and 22, then 13, 12, 11. Rest were under 10, but still: who says elves are fragile?

Tough Elves:

I love that non if them have more than 1 interception.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Div. H is finished. My chaos enjoyed a gloriously one sided game against iNinja's skaven, 3-0 to the gentlebeasts. iNinja's love of one dice blocks early in a turn together with some unlucky pick up rolls, meant my chaos got a chance to test their fists/horns today. Don't think I managed to hurt that many rats though, mostly KO's and I think one MNG.

If an admin could take a look and validate the match I would certainly appreciate that.

Global Warping beat Walrus' Secret Agents 3-0 to take the Div A title for the second time in their history and hand them their bi monthly crack at tier 1. This time maybe?

Friday Night Might vs. St Claverts Old Folks

The Walrus and I had our game last night, playing out much the same as our encounter last season, with some lucky injury rolls on the Friday Night Might side, the only difference being my Pass skilled Runner means I can actually score!

First drive was kicked with my usual finesse, resulting in a touchback, but the tone of the match was set after a Wight on my right flank was dropped, and badly hurt by a Blocker on my first turn. This was followed by several KO’s. Sensing the relentless wall of guarding Blockers closing in, The Walrus runs a Ghoul free, dodging out deep into my half, within scoring distance. But it wasn't to be, Mason E. Leet, my throwing runner blocks the ball clean with force, injuring the Ghoul.

The ball is gathered, caged up on the halfway line on turn 4 and we wait for our mark, which comes sooner than anticipated, with a horribly unlucky early turnover. Ball is run up to the line, with a quick snap to Mutt Scorensen to take the point.

Second half was more of the same, though my slightly (totally) incompetent setup meant I had to once again use Mason to actually throw the ball into the cage, which was a little scary; he’s proving his worth! Caged up just in the Walrus half, he couldn't get through the guarding Blockers again. Injuring another two Ghouls in the process, my own impatience gets the better of me. The ball is knocked clean, but luckily recovered by Mutt and run in for my second on turn 11.

After a fairly crap time of it, The Walrus requests I stop punching him, and offers to concede. 2-0 to Friday Night Might.

--

This leaves me in a good position for next season. I can afford a Deathroller. Seeing as how everyone instantly hates me for playing Dwarves anyway, I thought it’d be a good investment. Opinions?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Peoples! The official end of the season is this Saturday. I want to get the live draw completed Sunday night, 7pm, so I want to see all games wrapped up by then. If you're leaving us, please pop a 'z' in the 'next season' column so I know not to include you in the draw. Likewise, if you know someone is leaving and they haven't put a z in, update it for them! It saves a lot of reshuffling as the next season starts up. I'm hoping with the draw on Sunday, we can get going again by the Weds next week. Welcome to new players, too, hope you enjoy your first season here!
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCoombs View Post
    Friday Night Might vs. St Claverts Old Folks

After a fairly crap time of it, The Walrus requests I stop punching him, and offers to concede. 2-0 to Friday Night Might.
    Punching your opponents so hard they concede is completely legitimate (did you foul much? ) . Congratulations.