Page 147 of 371 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 7417
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Killed by a no-skills 0SPP scrub of a skink after I'd got all the good ones off the pitch. It still stings.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I've never understood the scheduling...
    Why it's peasy!

First you list your division in alphabetical order by forum name (eg. 1=Boots, 2=Grinn, 3=Presidente, 4=Screwie). Then each day of the season will pair up like this:

• Day 1: 1-2, 3-4.
    • Day 2: 1-3, 2-4.
    • Day 3: 1-4, 2-3.

This was a change made last year iirc to prevent resorting the main page of the sheet from destroying all the fixtures. Although it does make some things sadly predictable - especially when you're one of the few players with a name whose leading letter starts in the latter half of the alphabet.

Yes, you could totally game it by changing your name (and don't think I wasn't a little tempted, facing Grinn first last season) but that would be wrong.

I'd rather see the order at least randomised for each season, but I'm not sure how to do that without it being an utter pain to update.... hmm actually I might have an idea.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Personally I think draw order should determine play of the first match.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Personally I think draw order should determine play of the first match.
    Doable, but would require more admin work between seasons. Whether or not a solution would be workable is depends on how much of that busy work can be minimised.

My plan for random seeding:
    Parameterise the 0-3 offset value used in the CONTINUE statements in another tab, itself seeded by an input number to randomise it. Additional values to input each season: 1.

To base it off draw order:
    Parameterise the 0-3 offset value again, but enter them individually after the draw to set the order manually. Additional values to input each season: 4 per division.

There might still be a better way, though.

It can be detministic but as long as Mr. aa doesn't always play Mr. ab first when ever they share a division.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    How does the Cyanide game decide the schedule, and could we just copy that?

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    How does the Cyanide game decide the schedule, and could we just copy that?
    I don't know offhand, I'd have to get a look at a pristine 4-team league to get an idea. At least one. But if it turns out that it's ordered consistently it could save a lot of work down the road. (Although my original plan was to make it less predictable...)

could an admin please validate my match in div k ? thanks :)

The deadline for this season is 15th June - that's this Saturday.

I note that none of the week 3 matches in Divisions B, C, and J have yet been played, and there are a couple of other matches outstanding too. Get them played, you dobbers.

Mass validations have occurred

Due to some over exuberant adminning I also accidentally ended the season for K. Hopefully that doesn't screw too much up

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Mass validations have occurred

Due to some over exuberant adminning I also accidentally ended the season for K. Hopefully that doesn't screw too much up
    Joose has told me he is on vacation this week. If he does not get back before end of season we can have it admin'd to 0-0. Hopefully he will get back in time, but I have not updated the sheet in case he returns prior to the end.

Yunno, you could just play a match in an admin overseen mini division.

All is not lost.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Don't think it did anything bad.

I just rolled doubles on a Blocker, and refused to get more Guard. Diving Tackle. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Also got +AGI on my receiving Runner and have enough cash for a Deathroller - Is it worth it?

Not that I play dorfs, but I wouldn't - it's hugely expensive for something that'll normally only play one drive. Don't forget you can induce one for just 30k over it's normal cost.

Also, apropos of nothing, Tooth and Claw have now rolled approximately 15 skills on werewolves and got nothing but normals on any of them. Meanwhile Flesh Golem Oddbod has played 32 matches and not managed to land a single MVP. Unless anyone says otherwise I'm going to assume that's some kind of record...
    Last edited by NieA7; 13-06-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Even without any doubles your werewolves are a scary proposition! If the crowd hadn't kindly KO'd one for all of our game, it would have been very different.

I'd agree on the deathroller too - too expensive and short term to be a good investment, though I can see opponent coaches trying to rush their drives to get it sent off - allowing mistakes to happen, or if not, setting you up for the textbook 2-1 grind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    The deadline for this season is 15th June - that's this Saturday.

I note that none of the week 3 matches in Divisions B, C, and J have yet been played, and there are a couple of other matches outstanding too. Get them played, you dobbers.
    Some games appear to have been validated without the spreadsheet being updated. Can everyone please ensure that you update the spreadsheet after your match? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by boots468 View Post
    If the crowd hadn't kindly KO'd one for all of our game, it would have been very different.
    The crowd want you in the Champs boots - it's a sign.

Div B
    Blackest of Black Blacks 1 - 2 These Go To Eleven

Things were going according to plan for most of this game: the master chef meant I had a glut of rerolls throughout the game while seriously depriving my opponent; I'd scored on my final turn in the 1st half after a slow grind up the pitch; the helves responded with a quick 2 turner; I had collected the ball from the next kick off with the cage ready for my ghoul. All I had to do was bash a pesky elf away from him. My crucial play curse strikes: 4 skulls later (with *any* other dice sufficing) and WebCole had gone a TD up. I did my best to respond and, with some luck, I would've equalised but unsurprisingly it didn't happen.

Other than that quadruple skull block, I had solid block dice throughout and managed to injure 6 elves, with 2 deaths (!). One BH was saved by an unusually competent apoc but otherwise a good night's work. WebCole had a weird mix of dice: fairly bad block dice for most of the game, with incredible armour rolls (50% succeeded according to BB Manager) and yet got only one injury on my rookie ghoul. But the four skulls block, above all others, frustrates the most.

So I'll be rebooting. I'm gonna try a race that means it doesn't matter about the dice: halflings! What's more, I'm gonna try something "colourful" - they will become (or at least try and become) the foulingest team ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Some games appear to have been validated without the spreadsheet being updated. Can everyone please ensure that you update the spreadsheet after your match? Cheers
    Bah, matches shouldn't get validated without a score on the spreadsheet.
    Also, matches shouldn't get played without a score then being entered on the spreadsheet - it's what we check before we validate a match, to make sure the game hasn't made a score up (because cyanide). Enter the score once you've played your match; don't just assume someone else will do it.

Hmm which matches were those? I checked everything I validated tonight against the sheet