Page 157 of 349 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 6976
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    My gmail account is my "professional personal" one. Sadly my gaming/general purpose is hotmail. Now that truly is the dark ages of webmail
    You poor bastard.

(When I email someone at hotmail, gmail gives me an "invite them to gmail" button, I assume out of sympathy.)

Div K
    Scummy Shorties 0 - 2 Jclofz Boyz

This was fun. Jcloth, I think, was taken aback at my total disregard for defending and instead gang-fouling any Orc unfortunate to hit the deck. Unfortunately, that didn't happen often enough so my boys only came away with a single KO to show for their efforts. Next time, a merc treeman might help. On the other hand, my master chef did a lovely job taking 5 rerolls from Jcloth over the course of the game. Maybe more inducements next time :)

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacamas View Post
    Div K
    Scummy Shorties 0 - 2 Jclofz Boyz

This was fun. Jcloth, I think, was taken aback at my total disregard for defending and instead gang-fouling any Orc unfortunate to hit the deck. Unfortunately, that didn't happen often enough so my boys only came away with a single KO to show for their efforts. Next time, a merc treeman might help. On the other hand, my master chef did a lovely job taking 5 rerolls from Jcloth over the course of the game. Maybe more inducements next time :)
    How about my lino getting the 2 red dice block to break out of that fling ring you had going on, only to then get 2 dodge rolls and a GFI! that was pretty special!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The current season in division D might well be entitled "Everblue's Monster Chaos Team Versus Some AV7 Dudes".

And so it began this evening with Alini's rats being murderised. 2-1 to the chaos, with 6 casualties caused including -1AG to her star blitzer and -1MA to her second-best gutter runner. My ST5 chaos warrior hit 51 SPPs to get mighty blow in time for Gorm's rats in week 2.

Terrible dice for Alini - hopefully she'll get some better rolls next week. GG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Oh, and CPOMB update - 2 KOs and 2 casualties for Abandoning Hope, including the -1AG on the blitzer.
    Last edited by Everblue; 26-06-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Div 2: Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me) vs. These Go To Eleven (HElf, WebCole)

President Weasel was chatting to me on mumble for most of the game, which was essentially like having my bashier side whispering beautiful things to me while my "you know you win the game by scoring, right?" side remained silent. Initially giving away 170k in inducements Claw dropped two zombies to take them down to 12 players, but the sneaky elves purchased two subs before the match started giving them a squad of 13 for only 70k of inducements conceded. Claw won the toss and, with the glint of murder in their eyes, chose to receive. Despite a perfect defence on kick off and burning two re-rolls within the first two turns the ball was successfully moved to one of the wolves, who was securely caged by the golems, ghouls and zombies. Here the mind games started.

All through the drive Claw attempted to lure the HElfs to the edge of the field where they could be surfed or otherwise brutalised, but the invitation was declined nearly every time. The HElfs prevented any breakthroughs and generally kept themselves alive, but Claw were often given an opportunity to move another square or two down the field and never conceded a hit on the carrier. It was agonising stuff. By turn 7 three HElfs had been knocked out with only one zombie injured in return (a sad career ender for the long serving Thantoldas Undotaure, former-Elf Harm level 4 zombie extraordinaire: 40 matches, 12 injuries and 14 KOs sustained), leaving them a little stretched. With a burst of speed the Necro cage on the right turned into a screen on the left. Some rapid HElf backpedaling still left two blitzable holes in their defences: foolishly electing to blitz the HElf that freed a 2GFI route rather than a 1GFI one Nuffle rewarded the Necros by injuring the elf, before kicking them in the remains of their testicles by having the carrier fail the first of the GFIs even with a re-roll. The HElfs then gleefully rubbed salt into the wound by KO'ing the other wolf with a surreptitious boot to the head: 0-0 at half time.

Of course, almost certainly thanks to Claw's babe all three HElfs made their KO rolls while the wolf remained firmly asleep, making it 10 dead vs. 11 snobs. With the HElfs setting up asymmetrically Nuffle continued her tricks by having the ball land very short on the opposite side of the field, but with typical elfy confidence it was shuttled back to the throwers while three receivers danced forwards down the left. The Necros piled in around the receivers, but the cunning HElfs continued to hold the ball deep and made a push on the right. Fearing a stalling play the remaining wolf started sniffing around the carrier - possibly spooked by this the HElfs immediately went for a typical passing touchdown which was completed with the minimum of fuss, making it 1-0 to These Go To Eleven on turn 11.

Nuffle hadn't finished toying with the two sides yet. Once again the wolf failed the 3+ KO recovery, and in a response to a heavily asymmetric setup once again the cursed HElfs rolled perfect defence. The cherry on the turd cake was the ball landing on the wrong side, though fortunately sufficiently deep that it wasn't immediately at risk. Heaving themselves across the field the dead managed to secure it fairly well at the cost of any forward momentum, and another side switch on the following turn caught the HElfs on the hop. The cage pushed forward as a ghoul run deep: several turns of scrambling ensued, with the HElfs repositioning while the dead continued to grind forwards. Finally turn 15 broke the stalemate. Fully committing to the attack the dead surged into the HElfs, first downing one on the blitz then using another's wrestle against him to open the smallest of gaps. This time the two GFIs were successfully navigated, making it 1-1 with one turn to go. An attempted one turn touchdown failed at the first dodge and no serious damage was inflicted by one last round of elf punching, leaving it a hard fought draw at full time.

It's true my bash was sub-par, but I deliberately avoided fouling due to the horrific situation of being outnumbered by damn elfs (which somehow I ended up being anyway). Both our dice were pretty grim throughout the game, given the first drive died on what was a 93% chance I'm happy with the draw. The last game against elfs ended in a pretty horrific 4-1 thrashing, so a 1-1 draw is a step in the right direction. Funnily enough those very elfs are next - time to sharpen some claws.
    Last edited by NieA7; 25-06-2013 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Far too long

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    If you think I was bad you should have seen the spectator type chat, they were booing up a storm at your reluctance to get right up in the elves' faces, and indeed spleens. Not using your reroll on that 1d block to set up the awesome crowd surf was probably tactically correct, but oh the booing that ensued. There were also some mutterings about using your grab player to punish the sidesteppers (for the crime of elfiness, if I understood the sentiment).
    On the other hand, you got a 1-1 draw and I got whitewashed 3-0 through chasing casualties and mayhem and abandoning discipline.

Awesome crowd surf would've been awesome, but a 1 dice block was too much of a risk already - rerolling it would've been like tweaking Nuffle's nose. Whenever I went for some quality HElf face time the damn gits dodged away (surprisingly unsuccessfully on a number of occasions, but away nonetheless): while I'm happy to hurl zombies and golems at bashy teams elfs can reposition like water, after the horrific thrashing AgP's WElfs gave me last time I was determined to be cautious. It was particularly cruel that the three good chances for surfing were all foiled by what would otherwise be great block dice, but thems the breaks. I stupidly let my mighty blow/tackle wight get out of position in the first half (not to mention the inducements debacle), but other than that I don't think I'd change my approach - just my dice.

Question: How would you guys develop my two Dwarf Runners from this. Firstly, I have one with Block, +1 AGI and Fend. Secondly I have one with Pass.

I think I may have dropped a clanger in developing my +AGI guy as a receiver, but I can't get any decent catching skills on them without some luck, so thought that was the safest method. Once I get Accurate on my thrower, it won't be so bad. But throwing the ball at the moment causes much clenching.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCoombs View Post
    Question: How would you guys develop my two Dwarf Runners from this. Firstly, I have one with Block, +1 AGI and Fend. Secondly I have one with Pass.

I think I may have dropped a clanger in developing my +AGI guy as a receiver, but I can't get any decent catching skills on them without some luck, so thought that was the safest method. Once I get Accurate on my thrower, it won't be so bad. But throwing the ball at the moment causes much clenching.
    The first Runner is wonderfully developed as is. Kick Off Return is pretty much the only thing missing from him.

Fire the second Runner. Much like Balrogs facing Gandalf - Dwarves shall not pass.

Kick off return is a high priority for dwarves. The scariest time for a dwarf coach is that time before you get the ball into a cage. Skills that aid that process are desirable

Can't really go wrong building them both the same way - block, kick off return and fend are the key skills, with accurate should they live that long for desperation plays only. Doubles are probably best spent on dodge rather than trying to turn them into catchers, though jump up or sure feet are pretty solid too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Tackle's not bad on defence if you need a sweeper. Also maybe kick, on the basis that a runner is the only person you would ever give it to.

Agree with Hutton, NieA7 and Phoenix re Kick Off Return though.
    Last edited by Everblue; 26-06-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Tackle's not bad on defence if you need a sweeper. Also maybe kick, on the basis that a runner is the only person you would ever give it to.

Agree with Hutton, NieA7 and Phoenix re Kick Off Return though.
    I would go with Diving Tackle over Tackle. The purpose of a sweeper is to tie up fast bastards and Diving Tackle is better for that than tackle, unless you can swamp the fast bastard, but if you can swamp the fast bastard then there's not point in a dedicated Sweeper.

PRE-EDIT: Of course, Diving Tackle is an agility skill so requires a double. . .

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, give him horns as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Dwarf catchers are probably more useful than dwarf chuckers, since they can still hand off and potentially intercept, and merely placing them somewhere can cause people to draw markers towards him, away from the scrap. Sure, dwarves are absurdly slow, but two runners with a handoff can cover a fair bit of ground. I dunno if I'd bother with Accurate or Pass, to be honest. Maybe Pro, since you could use that on dodges and punches as well.

As long as you still load them up with a few typical dwarven punching skills, mind.
    Last edited by sinister agent; 26-06-2013 at 03:00 PM.

God, apparently I Dwarf wrongly. I can't win a game without a bit of mad throwing. It's probably the total lack of tactics or foresight. I want kick-off return on my "thrower" so that'll be the next skill I think. Thanks guys, you've been helpful.

I just fancied a change. Throwing Guard and Mighty Blow on everyone is getting dull!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    If you didn't want dull, you picked the wrong team...

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    If you didn't want dull, you picked the wrong team...
    I used to play them back in my Warhammer days, seemed a good idea at the time. They're more interesting now than when I started.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I just fancied a change. Throwing Guard and Mighty Blow on everyone is getting dull!
    Change it up a bit! Stand Firm on every dwarf is the height of annoyance/entertainment.