Page 203 of 357 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 7125
    Activated Node
    So Dog Pants and I just played our Div E game which ended in a pretty unconvincing 2-1 victory to the Boyz despite this...

2013-08-20_00001.jpg

I'm going to put this down to a combination of a fantastic TTM 1 turner form Dog Pants and the fact that I ran out of time selecting which player to give the ball in the second half, resulting in a painfully slow black orc drive and a turn 16 TD.

The second TTM attempt of the game resulted in gobbo on toast and the third almost leveled the score in the dying seconds, sadly it wasn't to be, but it was a thoroughly enjoyable match all the same.

Oh and my finesse Blitzer picked up MotM woop!

It's in the sheet so if a friendly admin could validate when they get the chance it would be much appreciated as I think I have some levels to take care of!

Div D: Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me) vs. These Elves Go To Eleven (HElf, WebCole)

Claw picked up a bribe and won the FAME roll, but the HElves won the toss. Choosing to kick they were rewarded by rain, a short kick to the open right flank and a blitz. Doing what elfs do best the high-borns swarmed over to the ball, successfully making the catch when the kick finally came down: turn 1 on Claw's drive and the ball was already caged part way into their half. A succession of attacks didn't manage to dent the elf offense, and when a one dice hit on the carrier flat out killed the wrackle ghoul any hope of stopping the elfs died with him: 1-0 to Eleven on turn 4.

With the rain still pouring down it was critical for Claw to score on this drive: if they didn't go in level at half time it was very unlikely they could pull a win out the bag with the HElfs receiving in the second half. An aggressive setup saw inroads made into the HElf line, but with the ghoul flubbing the pickup deep in Claw's half on two consecutive turns (taking the last two re-rolls with him) the tables were turned: as elfs started hanging around the ball like a bad smell it seemed much more likely the score would be 2-0 rather than 1-1. A turn of substandard blocking let the elfs down though, given Claw a chance to throw a few punches of their own. A sidestepping elf scattered the ball out of the little cluster of players around it while being laid out by a wolf, allowing the remaining ghoul to run round, finally pick it up and run into relative safety. The safety proved to be dangerously relative though, as a HElf blitzer dodged his marker and managed to injure the ghoul on a one dice block, though no other elfs were near enough to pick up the ball. An avenging wolf quickly downed the HElf, but an unlikely pass to the only player who could score (an even more unlikely flesh golem) was fumbled. With the HElf turn ending quickly on a failed dodge the score was left at 1-0, leaving Claw a mountain to climb in the second half.

Receiving the ball the HElfs basked in Nuffle's favour, enjoying a switch to nice weather, securing the deeply kicked ball on their accurate/strong arm thrower, killing a zombie on the scrimmage and injuring another one on the following turn (with both regen's failing). Outnumbered 9 to 11 Claw at least showed willing on the defense, but with a screen protecting a cage the ball was completely out of their reach. The St4 blitzer was injured by the wolf he was supposedly marking allowing a wight to blitz off a corner of the cage, but when only pushes were rolled the carrier breathed a sigh of relief and remained completely safe. With the dead pressing in the HElfs went for the score, and the MA9 catcher safely made the two GFI needed to cross the line: 2-0 to the HElfs on turn 12.

With the game out of their reach Claw were now playing for pride but being outnumbered by elfs is never a good place to be. Finally remembering how to handle the ball the dead managed to recover the deep kick and move it upfield, but with an ever shifting screen of elfs in front of them progress was slow. Piling into the action Claw chose to mark up base to base, forcing as many dodges on the HElfs as possible. Irritatingly they passed every single one and managed to column screen 3 deep most the way across the field, denying any possible breakouts, before finally turning the tables on the dead at turn 15 and bashing back.

With most of their screen flattened but the carrier himself safe a small chance opened up for Claw. Carefully blocking open a route the dead managed to create a screen of guard players across the elf line, giving the wolf with the ball two one dice frenzy blocks to break through. The first ate the re-roll for the turn but gave the push needed, while the second downed the elf and opened a clear path to the endzone. The wolf still needed a GFI to make the touchdown, but with the re-roll gone the result was inevitable: choosing to go out with a splash the wolf face-planted into the end zone so hard he knocked himself out. The elfs pulled back and secured the ball, giving Claw just one more turn of bashing (which did give a smashed hip to one of the HElfs, though by this time it was pretty cold comfort): 2-0 to These Elves Go to Eleven at full time.

A horrible, horrible match for me, made worse not just by the two deaths (the level 3 ghoul will be especially hard to replace) but also by the fact it was basically my fault. While my dice were pretty awful and exploded at the worst possible times (-15 overall according to BBManager) ultimately the ghoul died on a one dice block that had been safe the first time but that I had re-rolled, the 5SPP zombie died when he was needlessly set up on the scrimmage and the second drive fizzled out when I over committed to an attack in the rain, leaving myself vulnerable to counter-attack and forcing me to pull back so many players that by the time I did get the ball a touchdown was pretty much impossible. Hard lessons are the ones that stick in the mind, but given I've made these mistakes before it seems Claw will have to go on suffering the occasional brain fade from their coach. Hopefully next time regen will work a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Even more significant since it's 1/36. ;-)
    And that kids is what happens to your brain after 48 hours with no sleep ;p

Div E: Jclofz Boyz (Orc, Jcloth) 2 - 1 Thunderbox Scramblers (Gob, Dog Pants)

The game begins with Jclofz Boyz kicking the ball off the end of the pitch, and the Thunderbox Scramblers start their drive with one of the trolls punching himself. The Boyz advance slowly in line as the goblins fall back, and then move to surround the loitering ball carrier. With much of the orc team in the their half, the goblins break through the line to rush forward, but as the ball carrier reaches the centre line for a hand-off he falls. The ball lands near a couple of orcs, who quickly cage it without picking up, and the goblins only succeed in hurting themselves as they try to recover it. The ball is taken up by the Boyz and shuffled towards the line, unfazed by the futile goblin attempts at harassing them, and score not long before the end of the half.
    The orc kick lands the ball next to the rearward pogoer, but the opportunity for a quick recovery is wasted as he bungles the pickup. The orcs hit the goblin line, but the ball is swept up and hurried to a waiting troll-handler. The troll launches the gobbo halfway down the pitch, who lands on his feet and just about sprints over the line before the orcs can respond.
    The third kick of the half sees the orcs pushing forward while their thrower recovers the ball and shelters behind a hulking black orc. The Scrambers' fanatic, along with a troll, manage to clear a path to the thrower, and he finds himself surrounded by goblins. Meanwhile the pair of burly blitzers waiting to receive a throw are hit by a lobbed bomb and then marked too. The thrower tries to break loose for a long-shot throw, but can't clear the crowd of goblins and the half ends with him in the injury box and the ball on the grass.

The Scramblers start the second half by punting the ball off the side of the pitch, and the ball is passed to a black orc on the right wing. The Boyz push forward steadily, herding the depleted goblins whose loony manages to kill himself on his own chainsaw while running (important safety tip there). The Boyz cause further casualties as they slowly grind onwards, and one goblin tries to get himself thrown into the cage in desperation. The plan backfires as the troll eats him, and the rest of the Scramblers simply bounce off the orcs for most of the remaining half until the black orc eventually ambles over the line.
    The goblins take the dying seconds of the game to try for a thrown gobbo equaliser, but the projectile lands flat on his face and the ref ends the game.

The Thunderbox Scramblers make the short journey home, a slightly less celebratory atmosphere for the two fallen teammates they carry with them. However, when the village welcome them things soon pick up as everyone gets a few freshly chainsawed cuts of meat. The fat chief looks knowingly at Coach Dog Pants. "A draw! Good game, good season. You win next, yes?"
    "One step at a time" assures the coach. "First things first, have you any more players?"

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Pants View Post
    ... loony manages to kill himself on his own chainsaw while running (important safety tip there)
    lol, fo' real...
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Over in Div A, Chad's attempts to roll only ones and twos continued as Rejected RPG Stats managed a 2-0 win over his Magnificently bearded Chaos Dwarves. In truth, neither team played very well, my team mostly pushed people, whilst Chad's team were more dangerous to themselves than I ever was, with a lot of injuries suffered through failing dodges and the like.

Chad's block dice were good throughout, but he couldn't do much else, and having timed out before spending all his inducements, he was always going to struggle against a team with a 700TV odd advantage.

GG Chad.

This means that if McPhatty wins, we're tied on 7 points, and it'll come down to Cas/TD difference to see who goes back to tier 1.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Did I read the spreadsheet right? Jolima beat Wink?

Oh it's on, it's on now. A victory vs the evil chaos mans of PWeasel and the Army gets promoted to the Champs for the first time ever.

I am going to withdraw for a season and retire my Dark Elf team for good. What team I come back with I do not know, and it may even be another Dark Elf team, I just cannot continue the Division with the Revellers always thinking what may have been had I not screwed up with the apothecary re-rolls. I have amended the spreadsheet to show this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    That's understandable, but have you considered instead not viewing them as accidental deaths, but as sacrifices to Nuffle, and using the power thus granted to take the Revellers all the way to the top?

Da Nobz are back from Tranzylvania vampire bashing and are ready to take on half-mans with hats.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Your Mother's Nightmares have turned around a poor season by winning 2 - 0 against Graever's necropervic Unlimited Continues. The amaz got the best of the luck, as there was some good play by both teams, but only mine got the lucky rolls when it counted. Lots of bouncing and shoving around the ball, a couple of short passes and handoffs, and Rachel got injured, as usual.

Still, the girls are starting to come into their own now that they have some levelled players who aren't liners, and a couple of liners to spare for LOS duty (despite cyanide misplacing one of them for a drive). The guard paid off, too, as when combined with the handful of experienced wrestlers, the necro had a bit of trouble making the most of their golems and wights. That plus the terrible weather put them on the back foot a little, especially when the rain cleared up just in time for the amazons to start showing off. It was Blitzer Day for the most part, though the +agi players and mid-level catchers were handy too, and a third TD was on the cards until thrower Andromeda Neves fluffed a long pass.

No serious injuries for anyone, but a smattering of SPP. Well played Graever - better luck next time (unless it's against me, obv). Hurrah for gang fouls! Hurrah for always forgetting about frenzy when setting up!

Division B

Your Mother's Nightmares (Ama, Sinister agent) 2 - 0 Unlimited Continues (Nec, Graever)

Last edited by sinister agent; 22-08-2013 at 08:21 PM.

A really (really) close game in the Champs finished 2-1 to my Lizards over 20Phoenix's Skaven, meaning that depending on the result of the Screwie - AgP game, any one of us may yet be relegated or win the Divisions!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Excellent, I'm still in with a chance!

Speaking of AgP, does anyone know if he's away? He's not replied to my message in the groups...

Quote Originally Posted by grinn View Post
    Da Nobz are back from Tranzylvania vampire bashing and are ready to take on half-mans with hats.
    Hopefully they left their armour there. When are you free I can do Saturday or any evening next week except Wednesday.

Really not looking forward to this match 500tv difference and me without the great leveler known as Claw/MB.

Activated Node
    Sorry Screwie, I've replied to your message in the groups. Wow, things are certainly tight in the Champs! Thanks to the result between Boots and 20Phoenix it's come down to a winner takes all, loser gets relegated match-up. A draw would also result in my relegation, but more importantly a 3-way tie for the title! Guess one of us had better win or the calculators will be working overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by AgP View Post
    Sorry Screwie, I've replied to your message in the groups. Wow, things are certainly tight in the Champs! Thanks to the result between Boots and 20Phoenix it's come down to a winner takes all, loser gets relegated match-up. A draw would also result in my relegation, but more importantly a 3-way tie for the title! Guess one of us had better win or the calculators will be working overtime.
    I'd be obliged if you drew - a win for either relegates me! Managed to push Boots close on both his drives just as he pushed me close on mine (surfing the carrier but throw in was helpful) There's two teams in the divisions that I feel pretty helpless against - Boots lizards for rat splatty goodness and NieA7s Necro as they pack in a lot for their TV. Enjoyed my championship stay and maybe...just maybe I'll stay a little while longer.....?
    Last edited by 20phoenix; 23-08-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I do love it when it comes down to the final game.

Oh please do be a draw, 3 players on 4 points, each having beaten the other.. i.e. Someone's getting relegated despite having the same number of points as the Champion!

Any chance we can get a quick bit of maths from an Admin to find out how many Cas difference Screwie will need?

Oh, also, I seem to be unable to be on Steam at the same time as 2lab. If anyone sees them online, can they send them my way?

Thanks!

I've not been able to get hold of McPhatty this week, and I won't be about for much of the bank holiday weekend - We may need a minor extension if he turns up. Been offline on Steam since last Saturday.
    Possible bloggery occurs at www.gothwizards.com with dubious regularity.