Page 220 of 366 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,400 of 7317
    AgP and I were just cruelly interrupted by Cyanide in what was turning into a really great game. I was winning 1-0 and had possession on the half way line on turn 13 in his drive. If possible could we have an admined draw in game but a 1-0 win for me on the spreadsheet? It was such a tight match it would be very unfair for me to steal all the SPP and winnings, but a win for me was the most likely result at that stage.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    AgP are you all right with that plan?

Activated Node
    Yes thanks, President Weasel, we played (most of) our game, but alas cyanide struck and a one second (yes, all of one whole second!) disconnect by Nie's router lead to meltdown on turn 14. It was 1-0 to Nie at the time, he had recovered the ball on my drive and only a 1D block by me stood between him and almost certain victory. As the draw was looking significantly less likely than a 1-0 (or remote possibility 2-0) win as even if the block was successful, ball extraction and pass/catch would not have been a given either and the fact that I'm unavailable for a rematch before the deadline, a win for Nie makes sense.

An admin draw feels fairest as I don't deserve the shower of SPP for a win, but a 1-0 on the sheet reflects the game about as honestly as you could hope for at that stage. Could you also roll on the day while you're there? I'm away next week, I'd like to get my day 2 match in before then if possible :)

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    I've only played against them once but the opening Vampire play by my oponnent was amazeballs, who, in a single turn started by hypno gazing to clear off the TZ of a marker, a pass to a vamp in 3 tackle zones, who leapt, dodged and handed off to a vamp in a tackle one only 2 square from the End Zone - who blood lusted without a Thrall in sight.

I think they may be made for me.
    I used a Vamps team in the DoD before swapping to my Lizards, and although you can pull off some ludicrously awesome moves, you can also tear your hair out in frustration as you remove half your team to bloodlust and are unable to do anything.

I don't think I ever finished a game with more than 6 players on the field, and against some teams (Norse, Delves, Orcs) it really can feel like you're just there to make up the numbers. Still, the rare victories did feel good :-)

Vamps are awesome. You get the odd games where your team dissolves but if they stay on the pitch boy, are they a handful. They're at their best playing slow teams who can't outrun or outpass the hypno gazes. Mobile teams can shift the ball further so keeping vamps in range of the ball is tougher. Arch enemy: High Elves

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    An admin draw feels fairest as I don't deserve the shower of SPP for a win, but a 1-0 on the sheet reflects the game about as honestly as you could hope for at that stage. Could you also roll on the day while you're there? I'm away next week, I'd like to get my day 2 match in before then if possible :)
    All right, since you're both OK with it I think that's what we should do. I'll be back late this evening though, so if there's another admin reading could you please do this one?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Week 1 ends tomorrow!!!!

Either people are rubbish at filling in the sheet or there are a LOT of games outstanding. People will be defaulting come friday unless they let us know they're delayed..... I'll try to get on tonight and move divisions on who have been good enough to complete their games...

I'll say it again just in case it was not noticeable before. I'm waiting for a reply from Sollitus on Div E forums since 05-09-2013, 12:58 AM. He still has not accepted my steam friend request as an alternative communication method, even though he has been online several times before, 14h ago being the last one. I want to play our match as I hate defaults of any kind. Can you PLEASE reply Sollitus? I'll be online for the next 6 hours or so if we can get our game going. Sorry for posting this in the main thread guys, but i really want to get my game done.

Nurgle matchup no1 was a 4-1 win for the rats. 5 casualties only one of which was serious, a -AG on my -MV, -AV tacklepomb vermin. He'll probably get retired when he collects the full house of stat breaks.

Two blitzes and a successful one turner with no reroll decided this one pretty early on

Div E - Marriage Potential (Nor, me) 2 - 1 Thunderbox Scramblers (Gob, Dog Pants)

Way too much happened here for a proper write up. I ground my way up for a turn 8 TD, Dog pants then threw a perfect 1TTTMTD at the start of the 2nd half. The rest of it was a fabulous back and forth scramble featuring many useless big-guys and my single Tackle-man proving to be infinitely useful against a horde of dice-rolling super gobbo plays!

Good winnings for both sides too! Sadly, the MVP landed on my Kick/Fend lineman... question for the jury, do I cut him now, or wait to see if he doubles/stat ups at level 4?

Also, I've finally managed to level an Ulf, can we get a validation please?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shards View Post
    Good winnings for both sides too! Sadly, the MVP landed on my Kick/Fend lineman... question for the jury, do I cut him now, or wait to see if he doubles/stat ups at level 4?
    Sack the kicker the moment you can replace him (eg, not a +st up or whatever)
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Sack the kicker the moment you can replace him (eg, not a +st up or whatever)
    I'd say that depends on whether or not you rely on the kick much .. sure if another lino is ready to level and give him kick then sack him! But with Norse lineman and their usual standard of longevity I wouldn't rush to ditch him in particular - not if he's winning you games now - he could be dead by the end of the next one!

Got my Div I game in today and A is good to go far as I can see. Groovy &/or P.Weasel - I sent you guys a PM question cuz I didn't wanna ramble in the thread - just in case you don't notice these things! ;-)

Div E: Marriage Potential (Nor, Shards) 2 - 1 Thunderbox Scramblers (Gob, Dog Pants)

The Thunderbox Scramblers kick off the game with a long drop to the Marriage Potential touchline. The Norse respond as a machine of precise violence, recovering the ball and taking out one troll and the Fanatic before caging up and storming down the middle of the pitch. The remaining troll and a supporting goblin managed to make contact for a little while, slowing the advance briefly, but Marriage Potential are relentless. As the ball carrier starts to get near to the line a lone goblin dives into the cage and floors him. His remaining colleagues try to bog the Norse down as time starts to slip away, but are beaten back. A Were picks up the ball and runs it in for a late half touchdown.

The Scramblers receive at the beginning of the second half and quickly make a textbook team-mate throw touchdown from the left wing, the ball being pogoed up from the back of the field and the goblin projectile landing perfectly and on his feet to jog over the line.
    With most of the half left to win back their lead, the Norse cage the ball carrier behind the line of scrimmage off the back of an out of bounds kick. The Scramblers respond by assaulting with a thrown bomb, a thrown goblin, and several charging markers. They break up the cage but Marriage Potential manage to keep the ball, if not in the original hands. The Norse cage manages to drive forward a little but is harassed by the goblins and progress is slow. A lucky hit results in a gobbo sacking the ball and stealing it, leading to a sequence of blitzes and recoveries by both sides. Eventually the ball ends up in a brawl on the sideline, and the superior fighting skill of the Norsemen makes short work of the greenskins. With very little time left the Norse grab the ball and brush aside the few remaining gobbos to dash in a last second winning touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Nurgle matchup no1 was a 4-1 win for the rats. 5 casualties only one of which was serious, a -AG on my -MV, -AV tacklepomb vermin. He'll probably get retired when he collects the full house of stat breaks.

Two blitzes and a successful one turner with no reroll decided this one pretty early on

Sounds dull compared to the 6-0 that I've just spotted has been entered for Div I!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shards View Post
    Sounds dull compared to the 6-0 that I've just spotted has been entered for Div I!!
    Yikes I gotta deal with that next!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Assuming that the entry for the Lowkey & Jclooth in Div B is correct could we get the Division B games validated and the league moved onto Day 3 so I can get my final match in before suffering from a lack of internet?
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 12-09-2013 at 07:43 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Oh sorry yes they are correct, good game it was with some bouncing luck (some critical skulls for jclooth and a gfi failure plus injury in the touchdown zone for me) picked up a merc guard ogre who was super effectice but nicked the mvp

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Oh sorry yes they are correct, good game it was with some bouncing luck (some critical skulls for jclooth and a gfi failure plus injury in the touchdown zone for me) picked up a merc guard ogre who was super effectice but nicked the mvp
    The real question is where does that leave the ti breaker situation. If we both win our final game then who goes up? Any horrific injuries to jclooth's players that I should know about?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    A pretty bloodless game I am afraid, couple of BH's each is all, could be an interesting finish this season!