Page 230 of 345 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,600 of 6890
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    Final score was three nil to the Crappy Comedians. if Rotekian loses his next game, i get promoted! Mrpier, you know what to do.
    Haven't heard anyting from Rotekian yet.

Network Hub
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillydusk View Post
    Limdood:

You've signed up incorrectly - you're not supposed to encase your race name with [], nor should you sign up with a "Z" as it is used to indicate that you will not be participating in the next season
    whoops, i'll fix that.

Sorry, i just read to fill out your name at the bottom of the spreadsheet and was following the example of all of the people otherwise at the bottom (whom i had assumed were also new applicants)

at the risk of continuing to look clueless (which i suppose is accurate), I've removed the [] from my race, leaving it as "Delf" and deleted the "z" leaving it blank, is this correct?
    Last edited by Limdood; 30-09-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Almost! If you mouseover the column header there will be instructions on how to fill every cell in your specific line.
    I've fixed it for you by adding N1 where the Z was before.
    Welcome to the DoD!

Network Hub
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    Almost! If you mouseover the column header there will be instructions on how to fill every cell in your specific line.
    I've fixed it for you by adding N1 where the Z was before.
    Welcome to the DoD!
    Aha! I R smartr now!

I tell you though, once i learned that the black boxes were non-returning players, the urge to play zons struck me again (since there are none), so i'm torn between the dark elves posted and an amazon team named "group hugs"...where we see how a team with 3+ dirty players works!

The Rok 'Ard Nobz played Screwie's dark pansies. The Nobz mission: get block on noob lino Rowdi III and noob lino Squigboy. Nobz secondary mission: mash pansies. Rowdi III needed a single pass which he nailed in the first turn. Tick. Squigboy ran up to the endzone as instructed, only to have star thrower trip on a witch-elf's heel and give away the ball. Alas, Squigboy rose to the occasion in the second drive. With the two agile orcs and thrower out in the KO box Squigboy popped himself under the ball to receive the kick gracefully, then ran up the pitch to plant the second TD in his career, amid diving tackling, shadowing pansies. Tick.

And dark elves were harmed in the course of the exercise.

And yeah, they skulked around, ran away from the Nobz for the major part of the match and scored two TDs to our single, glorious one.

With a solid three apo lineup, Screwie lost a 5SPP lino to a spike in the nose. The squad of other pansies in the dugout were just pretending to be hurt and will be back for further bashing.

Good game Screwienson!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    And I was in the middle of writing up a nice, balanced report myself :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Screwie would've hurt some orcs but he's playing a deeper game and leaving them around to hurt my mans next season. I know how these things work, man.

If someone more savvy than me in excel can check what is wrong in line 50 of the season info, I believe in P50. I noticed the table is not showing the correct amount of points or games played. Apparently this happens only if the result on week 1 is a draw. All the cells seem to be correct but somewhere there is an obvious error.

Might be possible that the mistake is in some "gubbins!" tab, I suppose that is the randomizer from Screwie. Please enlighten me!!!

Edit: It appears that week 1 draws have not been counted for more players (SillyWhiteGuy, for example).
    Last edited by Chillydusk; 30-09-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Edit: It appears that week 1 draws have not been counted for more players (SillyWhiteGuy, for example).
    Sigh, typical.

Aye - spotted that too - Division I is all squiffy - might just be a filler team but I came 2nd dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Screwie would've hurt some orcs but he's playing a deeper game and leaving them around to hurt my mans next season. I know how these things work, man.
    There was some mention of that, not gonna lie.

Grinn is also leaving out the fact I gang-fouled his best/scariest blitzer on my first turn, which KO'd him until the very last drive. I wanted to dissuade him from charging at my defensive line with impunity. :)

So my team is not entirely bloodless! (But they did run away from the orcs when it benefited them.)

Right, I'm going to be away fro the next four days or so, planning to be back online on Saturday evening my time.

I'm still on for next season, and I've played my last game and everything, but i figured I'd let you chaps know just in case something comes up.

Right, since I'd written 90% of it already when Grinn posted, here's the report. It's another long one...

CHAAAWWMPS
    Rok 'Ard Nobz (Orc, Grinn) vs Dread Pool (DElf, me)

The Nobz are the biggest blemish on Dread Pool's record. The dark elves were champions without ever defeating the former champions, despite two previous attempts at it. And now in a match with only eleven men, and without their +AG runner and captain, neither team entered the field believing this game would be any different.

With a freshly-recruited lineman/meatbag to bring them up to 12, two extra apothecaries and a babe, Dread Pool were simply looking for a safety game and hoping to escape without haemorrhaging any more talent from the jaws of Grinn's scary MB, Piling On nightmare - now with extra Tackle.

The Nobz meanwhile began the game in a more generous mood, looking mainly to give their rookie players some on-the-job training.

That all changed in the first turn.

The Pool kicked first, and set up deep in their own half. The Nobz +AG thrower took the ball and moved behind the wall of black orcs that plodded downpitch. With his position secure, Grinn indulged his +ST/AG/MA/PO/MB/JU/Tackle horror with a blitz into the tantalising elf wing. He passed the GFI but he couldn't stumble the elf victim, so the orc marked him and the witch elf Obsidian too.

The lure of the elf placement had worked entirely as the Pool had planned - and they'd snagged the big one with the bait. The orc was blitzed down, then gang fouled by seven pointy boots and KO'd! MILD SUCCESS.

Agitated, Grinn pushed his orcs toward the elf endzone in a close 4-corner cage around his thrower. He marked some elves and knocked over others, showing that he still had plenty of strength players and killers on the pitch. They proved this much by bashing a rookie elf lineman to death. Too early and too green to be saved, I let him go.

But whenever they were caught, the elves dodged free. They divided their attention between marking an orc lineman as a possible receiver and applying pressure the cage, knocking one corner out of formation and stepping into the gap.

Outnumbered, the orc receiver heroically escaped Obsidian's Shadowing on his first roll (needing 11+ on 2d6, he rolled 12!) and made it safely to the end zone. The cage guards threw blocks against the elves, but a dub-skulls forced a TRR and then a Side Stepping elf used his skill to move adjacent to the AG4 orc thrower. Lacking time and options, Grinn made a run with the thrower anyway - and rolled a 1 on the dodge to freedom.

Suddenly there were more elves near the ball than orcs. The ball was scooped up and handed off to the +MA elf blitzer. He ran it up the field and well out of the orc team's grasp - they would need at least 2 turns just to reach him!

So then I took a real gamble - I stalled.

I was confident I could stop Grinn scoring in the first half (and then I would receive in the second, even better) but that would also mean withstanding 4-5 turns of the bashiest bash which could potentially destroy my second half chances.

Grinn's players were so deep in my half that his options were limited, as his speedy blitzers were the furthest from the ball. His thrower was the first to gain ground on the elf attackers, and they ganged up on him for his efforts before retreating again.

The stall was solid, but nearly cost me greatly. Another death, this time to a valuable blitzer, was changed to a BH by Apoth #1.

It came down to Grinn's Turn 8 with the elves balled up in a corner of the pitch, when an orc blitzer with Tackle barged down one of the cage guards. The elf was KO'd and the orc GFI'd into contact with the ball carrier. Another orc moved in alongside him, but then Grinn's turn was cut short as an errant misclick sent the thrower through the TZ of an elf with Diving Tackle.

Elf Turn 8, and the Tackler was safely shoved away. The TD was as close as a 2+ dodge with a reroll, and the +MA blitzer made it.

Half-Time Score: 1 - 0 to the Pool

Crucially, all my KO'd elves returned to action, while Grinn's monster player did not. However, the orc kick resulted in a Blitz! - and Grinn's orcs swarmed around the elf setup on both flanks.

Dread Pool took the ball and pushed sideways, knocking down one edge of the Nobz's pincer and hugging the side of the pitch. The +MA blitzer ran forward to receive, while the others formed the barest of pockets around the ball carrier - protecting him from the bulk of the orc LoS but not from any dangers ahead. And Grinn had held a blitzer back in deep defense for just such an occasion...

Knocking down the tail of the elf pocket, Grinn moved his Guard troll into contact with the ball carrier and both witch elves. His defensive blitzer blitzed - but would he go for the carrier, or the receiver?

He took on the carrier. Who happened my dark elf blitzer with both Dump Off and Nerves of Steel (lol), who chucked the ball to the waiting receiver. His ally didn't catch it, but still! The ball landed adjacent to him and Grinn only had one player yet to activate that turn - a lineman that would have to dodge through 2 TZs to reach it. He didn't manage it.

This time there would be no stalling. The +MA blitzer scooped up the ball and ran over the line.

Grinn's thrower, who at some point in the previous drive had been KO'd, stayed that way. As did Grinn's meanest blitzer. He was set to receive again but both his AG4 players would miss the drive.

The dark elves meanwhile were down to 8 players. The KOs kept coming back, but the team had suffered several Badly Hurts and one death (a rookie lineman). Their numbers were thin.

Grinn pushed his orcs up to the line, he had 6 turns and was 2 TDs behind. He needed to rush, so I only needed to stall, just a little.

The Nobz eventually scored on Turn 14 with rookie lineman Squigboy, after some irritant elf interference - but not before Obsidian took a nasty shot in the ribs and took a niggle that Apothecary #2 thankfully healed into a BH.

Grinn's monstrous blitzer finally woke up, but it was too late to save the match for his team.

The Dread Pool set up to receive one last time, and saved for their final moments in a Championship match one last brazen act of cowardice - lining up along their one end zone just out of reach of the whole orc team!

Final Score: 2 - 1 to the Pool

Level-wise, we both made out okay. Grinn got both his rookie linemen to level 2, I levelled my speediest blitzer from the TDs, and another lineelf with a vanity pass in the final turns (and then he went and stole the MVP, as well).

The only lasting injury was that of the untimely death of my lineman.

So I must say goodbye to the Championship, but I did manage to finally beat Grinn, so I can leave happily with that :)
    Last edited by Screwie; 02-10-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Boooo hissssss stalling!

Cheeeeeer yaaaaay early fouling!
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Boooo hissssss stalling!
    How dare you play to win!

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    How dare you play to win!
    It's so boring! Extreme example is where I was playing Halflings vs. Wood Elves and it was 1-1 going into the second half with the Woodies receiving - who then proceeded to sit on their touchline passing it around for 6 turns with a pass and score in the 8th.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
    It's so boring! Extreme example is where I was playing Halflings vs. Wood Elves and it was 1-1 going into the second half with the Woodies receiving - who then proceeded to sit on their touchline passing it around for 6 turns with a pass and score in the 8th.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    By which time they had 5 players left, right? Because you were knocking one down every turn and gang fouling with the max number of assists, right?

Every wood elf on the field is a hostage. If they're stalling it's because you're not hurting them enough.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Every wood elf on the field is a hostage.
    A Blodgestepfending hostage.... I'd rather be dealing with thugs.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

By which time they had 5 players left, right? Because you were knocking one down every turn and gang fouling with the max number of assists, right?
    Yeah, this is often what happens when a lightly-armoured team attempts to stall. That's why I described it as a gamble!

Ja, to be fair I didn't concentrate my flings enough on his players and his wardancers were removing at least one fling per turn as it was.

Stalling is still boring though.