Page 238 of 357 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,760 of 7135
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Applied to Div C.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Right, looks like everyone is here. No fillers required, everyone has a division now, so the season has STARTED. Get playing, all!!!

/Edit - looks like gorm joining my division has moved the fixtures around - I'd already agreed to play bigC tonight, so we'll be using the fixture list in game this season. Take note, other div C people?
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 10-10-2013 at 04:25 PM.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Activated Node
    Will do. For at least 10 chars worth noting your guidance!

Erm... Hi...

I am here to abase myself before the throne of the admin gods and holy players of the DoD..

At the end of last season I dropped out of the DoD as work has been mental recently. However, today, things have taken a bit of a change and I have time and I'm now sad that I'm stuck outside looking into the DoD.

I was wondering, should there be sufficient magnificently magnanimous people to filler out a division I, whether it would be okay if I rerolled to TV1000 Helves and squeaked into the season?

I fall upon your mercy...

Thanks guys :)
    *basks in particular specialness of not having annoyed PWeasel*

Quote Originally Posted by Shards View Post
    Erm... Hi...

I am here to abase myself before the throne of the admin gods and holy players of the DoD..

At the end of last season I dropped out of the DoD as work has been mental recently. However, today, things have taken a bit of a change and I have time and I'm now sad that I'm stuck outside looking into the DoD.

I was wondering, should there be sufficient magnificently magnanimous people to filler out a division I, whether it would be okay if I rerolled to TV1000 Helves and squeaked into the season?

I fall upon your mercy...
    Sorry Shards, we didn't need filler teams in the end, we had enough people to fill the divisions. :-(. Means you just missed out... we'll get you back in for the next season?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthZombie View Post
    Played Vexing Vision's Grimstone Greybeards. My Necromantic Dead Rascals are fully aware of the hate I hold for dorf teams. Can't wait for the World Cup, where my monstruous Nurgles will crash those little bearded sweatballs of...
    All of this is true, but DarthZombie fails to mention that he played exceptionally well. My dwarfs gloriously failed to capitalize on a very early number advantage, and those bloody Wolves abused any miniscule opening instantly to capitalize. That said, it was a much, much tighter game than the result shows. Well done!
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Sorry Shards, we didn't need filler teams in the end, we had enough people to fill the divisions. :-(. Means you just missed out... we'll get you back in for the next season?
    Hi,

It was the lack of need for Filler teams that gave me a bit of hope... there's no Tier 4 this round... so, inserting me at the bottom of the pile into an empty Div I wouldn't damage anyone else's schedule/games and would just need 3 people to create fillers to have a laugh at me attempting to use a finesse team?

OK! I see what you're proposing! If we get 3 filler teams in by tonight, you can have a fun-filled first season :-). anyone out there willing to provide a filler in div I? We need 3 people, ideally tongiht, to get shards going....

(This totally makes me think this is where previous proposals to 'blend' the challenge league with a feeder league for the divisions would work, but I still can't figure out how to promote people from one to the other. But somewhere for everyone to play extra fun/building teams prior to entry to the divisions with less formal scheduling would be good. Any suggestions?)

I'll chuck in a gobbo team i haven't used before, if that's ok.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I can let my vamps have another go at it.

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    OK! I see what you're proposing! If we get 3 filler teams in by tonight, you can have a fun-filled first season :-). anyone out there willing to provide a filler in div I? We need 3 people, ideally tongiht, to get shards going....

(This totally makes me think this is where previous proposals to 'blend' the challenge league with a feeder league for the divisions would work, but I still can't figure out how to promote people from one to the other. But somewhere for everyone to play extra fun/building teams prior to entry to the divisions with less formal scheduling would be good. Any suggestions?)
    Thanks for understanding!

For the feeder league, the best option that springs to mind is to blend teams into the league as people go on Z breaks higher up the division so that you avoid the trouble of newbie teams ending up in divisions with recently relegated TV monsters...

Network Hub
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    feeder league is easy....

Right now you only allow new TV1000 teams.
    To have a feeder league, do what BBtactics does with their crunch cup. Allow only teams that are fresh TV1000 OR have played only one season in the feeder league. Treat them the same as a brand new team, since 3 games won't be a ton of development.

If you really want some difference, strive to put new TV1000 teams together with each other, and 3-game-old teams together with each other, to still give some benefit to coming in fresh. Obviously the filler league would be rookie entrants only

What i was thinking was something unstructured that players could run second teams in or new players could join in with and freely arrange matches (like the challenge league). People could run multiple teams in there if they desired. Then they could apply in between the seasons and get added to the divisions (by what method, I'm not sure, definitely only one team per coach though!). I'm not sure I'd worry too much about TV necessarily, beyond it having to be a fresh team when it first arrives, particularly as often even our bottom tier is starting to see some more developed teams now and then. I haven't htought it through much, but it might provide a slightly better alternative to the challenge league and an opportunity for ad-hoc blood bowl for the community here, too. The whole transition is the key bit to sort out, but I'm sure we've got some good ideas, no? ;-)

Activated Node
    Well you can always just use this idea and expand the divisions in dod to allow for more higher tv teams so lowest div has the lower tv entrants and if needed and enough higher tv teams are able just add an extra div alongside so they can compete and go up in a sense.

First screenshots from Blood Bowl 2! http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/#53

So same human linemen pose as now, just better textures? And I guess even once it's released we'll stay with the original for quite a while?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I think the models are new but they could re-use the same animation skeletons (and honestly I wouldn't mind in most cases if they did). Hi-res textures and number decals that actually sit on the model instead of hover above it are nice. It looks like they might have better shadows this time around too, which I can only hope. The upgraded stadium is also much better. They are clearly very happy with their grass!

Yeah this is just a lot of bells and whistles, but I wouldn't expect to see much more than that in the first screenshots.

EDIT: The full text:

Blood Bowl 2, the sequel to the video game adaptation of Games Workshop's famous board game that combines American football with a fantasy universe inspired by Warhammer, today unveiled its very first official screenshots!

The first playable team, fully modelled and animated, has just made an appearance on the pitch of the Blood Bowl 2 stadium. As you can see, the human players have the honour of entering the pitch first and will also be the stars of the massive solo campaign in Blood Bowl 2 as you lead the legendary Reikland Reavers and experience an epic saga packed with risk, dangers and spectacular matches on the way to winning the Blood Bowl.

These two screenshots show the human, Blitzer, one of the most versatile players on the human teams, in action and ready to face whatever the opposing team can throw at him!

Developed by Cyanide Studios, Blood Bowl 2 is even more ambitious than its predecessor, with a fabulous look and a variety of extra features. Its brand new graphics engine has been specifically developed for this sequel, enabling the game to display high-quality visuals, graphic and sound effects, taking the Blood Bowl licence to the next level. The animations, dynamic cameras that pack more punch to matches, the "Cabalvision" design of the interface and corrosive commentators Jim Johnson and Bob Bifford (who made a noteworthy appearance in the game's first video teaser) faithfully recreate the thrills and fury characteristic of Blood Bowl's intense matches.

Blood Bowl 2 also has a host of new features in both Solo and Multiplayer modes that make it more accessible for first-time players and more enjoyable for seasoned veterans. The stunning and ambitious Solo campaign puts players at the head of one of the most famous teams in Blood Bowl's universe, who will compete in some original and truly unique matches to take their team to the top. League mode allows players to manage their own team, club and even stadium, as all these features are fully modular! We will soon reveal some substantial and striking innovations that make Multiplayer mode even more thrilling!

Over the coming weeks and months we look forward to releasing more screenshots, new information about features, solo and multiplayer modes and, of course, the first Blood Bowl 2 game videos!
    What is the difference between managing a team and a club? And managing your own stadium? I wonder what that means. And its fully modular? Baffling!

And substantial and striking innovations to the Multiplayer mode? That reveal can't come soon enough!
    Last edited by Screwie; 11-10-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Custom multiplayer leagues so I can actually run the divisions all as one league would be nice :-). That would mean configurable rules for promotions/demotions etc. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it though...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    AN ALTERNATIVE TO REMOVE THE LOW VS HIGH TV ISSUE IN THE BOTTOM TIER WOULD BE TO HAVE LARGER DIVISIONS WHICH WOULD BE BETTER FOR MANY OTHER REASONS AS PREVIOUS MENTIONED BY ME

*cough* I'm sorry guys, I have to say that every so often otherwise I get ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    And substantial and striking innovations to the Multiplayer mode? That reveal can't come soon enough!
    Please don't be more Blitz mode....