Page 289 of 322 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,780 of 6423
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Fewer people should play AV9 bash so stuff is more interesting up here!
    After 23 seasons with pro elves I needed a change...

Hi All. I'm playing Laneford in Div G. My machine just had a senior moment and the game crashed. When I try to restart the game it says, "error player cannot be invited". Any ideas what we do now?

Apparently a nice man resets it, and then we play one of the most hard fought and damaging games I've ever played. Ending in a gruelling draw. I hate Ghouls.

Fewer people should play AV9 bash so stuff is more interesting up here!
    It didn't work so well with AV7 bash so I decided to go another route

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    After 23 seasons with pro elves I needed a change...
    I'm not blaming you, merely pointing out that you are part of the problem.

Activated Node
    Near Chicago, IL in the United States of America
    play hybrids then! Necro? Undead? humans? zons? norse! Vampires!!
    http://bbtactics.com/forums/limdoods...-wisdom-t3292/ - My collection of articles on various tactical and strategic concepts in Blood Bowl. Enjoy!

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Limdood View Post
    play hybrids then! Necro? Undead? humans? zons? norse! Vampires!!

Goblins.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Hybrids are great, but playing hybrids against bash is even less fun that playing elfs against bash.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That's why you just have to love that boot...

Activated Node
    yep, all of the hybrid teams are spectacular foulers (necro are a little blah as foulers, but they can compete with bash or elves if they live long enough to get developed well).

My favorite norse lino leveling plan is:
    normal = DP
    doubles = guard
    I'll carry up to 3 or 4 DP linos on a norse team
    http://bbtactics.com/forums/limdoods...-wisdom-t3292/ - My collection of articles on various tactical and strategic concepts in Blood Bowl. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Limdood View Post
    yep, all of the hybrid teams are spectacular foulers (necro are a little blah as foulers, but they can compete with bash or elves if they live long enough to get developed well).
    I'm so glad you said that - Necro are my main team and I've always found fouling surprisingly difficult to do well, unless I've already got a numbers advantage. The positionals are too precious to risk getting sent off, while the zombies are too slow to gang up properly (leaving no obvious Dirty Player candidate). I try to kick in all the piling on gits, it just never works right.

Activated Node
    Through a combination of an extension for the last game, me having a crazy busy weekend, and Eard being in work till 2 in the morning my time during the week I don't think we are going to be able to play our last game in Div C. We would need an extension till...probably Sunday at least, which seems an unreasonably long time to ask for.

I think we have both been screwed by circumstance. Draw?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJoose View Post
    Through a combination of an extension for the last game, me having a crazy busy weekend, and Eard being in work till 2 in the morning my time during the week I don't think we are going to be able to play our last game in Div C. We would need an extension till...probably Sunday at least, which seems an unreasonably long time to ask for.

I think we have both been screwed by circumstance. Draw?
    Sounds right - thanks for letting me know.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    I'm so glad you said that - Necro are my main team and I've always found fouling surprisingly difficult to do well, unless I've already got a numbers advantage. The positionals are too precious to risk getting sent off, while the zombies are too slow to gang up properly (leaving no obvious Dirty Player candidate). I try to kick in all the piling on gits, it just never works right.
    Yeah, i actually find necro to be very poor foulers. I once played against a formidable necro team that managed to field a DP zombie, andmy plan for the game was to just stick a lino to it the whole game....without block, it was a risky proposition and probable reroll eater to block the lino away (plus meant no foul that turn) and i figured he wouldn't want to dodge with a MA4, AG2 piece.

I actually find Chaos Dwarf hobgoblins to be the best foulers in blood bowl. They and Vampire thralls are the only 40k MA6 player with general access in the game, and vampire thralls are too precious on the pitch to reliably foul with. Add to that, the fact that a typical Chorf team will field a good 3 hobbos at a time, and usually only one of those is built like a ballcarrier and you've got the quintessential BB fouler.

That being said, I prefer norse for fouling due to the versatility of the linos at level 2 with DP....MA6, AG3 means they can dodge and get somewhere in a pinch, starting block means they're no slouches at throwing blocks and are rather reliable on that front, and DP as a normal skill and a 50k price tag means they are quite cost effective as well.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just a reminder that the season ends on WEDNESDAY.

It would be great to be able to do the draw on say Thursday or Friday, and for us to start next week. Please try to get your games in on time - there are a large number still outstanding. I currently have zero requests for extensions.
    cyberpunkdreams has just got back to me after a period of absence, he can do Thursday which I won't be able to do so we won't be able to play our final game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    cyberpunkdreams has just got back to me after a period of absence, he can do Thursday which I won't be able to do so we won't be able to play our final game.
    OK, thanks for letting me know.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Hm well if I win my match tonight, Div A goes to me.
    If Graver wins tonight, the division goes to him on the tiebreaker.
    If we draw, then the outstanding CPD/AH match may be a factor.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sphericalboy View Post
    Apparently a nice man resets it
    Close. Actually it was me.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    OK, thanks for letting me know.
    Can we get an extension on it? I can do the weekend no problem. As Screwie's pointed out, depending on his match, it could have an impact on the promotion.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Can we get an extension on it? I can do the weekend no problem.
    Alas, my weekend is currently full from dawn till dusk.